Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

When the fixture list came out, I noticed that the away games against Bristol Rovers and Exeter were within a few days of each other, thought it would be a good opportunity to have a short break down there. With how ticket allocations are going, I may have got a tickets for the midweek game at Exeter. But not being an away member, it's very unlikely I'd be able to get tickets for the Bristol game.

Oh well, will now have to be satisfied with a short break in London, when we play at Wembley in the pizza cup. Hopefully there'll be enough tickets for this game, to reach the general sale category.

40 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

When the fixture list came out, I noticed that the away games against Bristol Rovers and Exeter were within a few days of each other, thought it would be a good opportunity to have a short break down there. With how ticket allocations are going, I may have got a tickets for the midweek game at Exeter. But not being an away member, it's very unlikely I'd be able to get tickets for the Bristol game.

Oh well, will now have to be satisfied with a short break in London, when we play at Wembley in the pizza cup. Hopefully there'll be enough tickets for this game, to reach the general sale category.

Book somewhere with free cancellation, I have already booked two days in Bristol and two in Exeter but I wouldn’t book without cancellation.

On 05/09/2022 at 10:46, Foreveram said:

Cambridge away, looks like the total allocation could be just 1,470. A Wednesday fan  @walkleyowl messaged me to say this was the case and looking on a couple of sites, it appears to be the case. That’s what Southampton got in the League cup and that is Barnsley’s total allocation. The allocation is the South stand seated, with the Habbin terrace unused. I contacted their SLO to confirm this, his reply was, Derby have this information ask them, helpful. The price against Barnsley is £24 adults and £21 concessions. Will have to wait for confirmation but I thought I would give a heads up to anyone expecting to get to this. Also anyone looking to buy in the home end, like most of the smaller clubs are doing with us, you have to have previous history.

To be fair that is what our SLO should be for. The Cambridge SLO is for there fans, not us.

2 hours ago, therams69 said:

To be fair that is what our SLO should be for. The Cambridge SLO is for there fans, not us.

And there’s me thinking we were all one big happy football family. I asked a question about their football ground, there is several links on their website to the SLO and he also has his own page telling fans to get in touch if it’s their first visit etc. nowhere does it say away fans excluded. He could have politely said I’m sorry I don’t have that information ( which would not have been difficult to find out) but no his terse one line answer was Derby have that information ask them. End of the day I will get my ticket but I was just trying to find some information that might help other fans.

Does whoever sells tickets take into account that at 10 am on Saturday morning, many of us will already be travelling to Morecambe?

It's almost impossible to buy tickets from SeatGeek on a laptop with excellent WiFi, there are so many glitches. Goodness only knows what it will be like halfway along the A50 on a mobile with 4G if I'm lucky! 

Why not schedule it Weds, Fri, Sun instead of Thurs, Sat, Mon? 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Cambridge ticket details have now been released.

Still no wiser regarding allocation. It states an allocation of 1,473 not an initial allocation or a total allocation as is the norm.  This is for the all seated stand behind the goal. If they do give a further allocation it will be for the cheaper terrace stand to the side of the pitch after they’ve sold the more expensive seats.

24 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Still no wiser regarding allocation. It states an allocation of 1,473 not an initial allocation or a total allocation as is the norm.  This is for the all seated stand behind the goal. If they do give a further allocation it will be for the cheaper terrace stand to the side of the pitch after they’ve sold the more expensive seats.

Surely they know they could sell us 3000 tickets 

41 minutes ago, angieram said:

Does whoever sells tickets take into account that at 10 am on Saturday morning, many of us will already be travelling to Morecambe?

It's almost impossible to buy tickets from SeatGeek on a laptop with excellent WiFi, there are so many glitches. Goodness only knows what it will be like halfway along the A50 on a mobile with 4G if I'm lucky! 

Angie, pretend your like me (a 5+ away member) and get one on the 14th.

?

26 minutes ago, sage said:

Surely they know they could sell us 3000 tickets 

it’s a bit of a mystery mate, the more I look into it the more confused I get. As you point out yes we would sell out the full allocation for the two stands which now looks like it’s just under 2,500. When I put this out that that would be our likely allocation I was informed that they are only using the south stand seating this season. Barnsley who play there soon have received a total allocation of 1,470. Who’s to say that they couldn’t sell more. We have received an allocation, not initial or total,which tells you nothing. For the clubs with small away followings only the Habbin terrace is used, so obviously this stand is being used. My conclusion is that they want to sell the more expensive seats first but then I always enjoy a good conspiracy theory, I have now contacted our SLO and await a reply.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

You could always set off early and join us for breakfast on the prom.?

8 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

it’s a bit of a mystery mate, the more I look into it the more confused I get. As you point out yes we would sell out the full allocation for the two stands which now looks like it’s just under 2,500. When I put this out that that would be our likely allocation I was informed that they are only using the south stand seating this season. Barnsley who play there soon have received a total allocation of 1,470. Who’s to say that they couldn’t sell more. We have received an allocation, not initial or total,which tells you nothing. For the clubs with small away followings only the Habbin terrace is used, so obviously this stand is being used. My conclusion is that they want to sell the more expensive seats first but then I always enjoy a good conspiracy theory, I have now contacted our SLO and await a reply.

Must be a police/security issue. Maybe they had trouble in the past and want to restrict away fans. Seems crazy but I can't think of anything else. 

My friend at work with Camb season ticket is on holiday so cant find out from him but this is pasted on their website ironically when their SLO was really unhelpful! 

"Visiting supporters are allocated tickets in the South Stand and/or South Habbin Stand.

The South Stand is all seated with a capacity of 1,500, whilst some clubs will be allocated the South Habbin Terrace which has a capacity of 1,000.

Entrance to both stands are located on Coldhams Common which supporters can access either from Newmarket Road or Coldhams Lane. From the club shop, head back out on to Newmarket Road, turn left and then turn left again to walk down the foot path and enter at the far end of the ground.

For further information on the Cambridge United match day experience for away supporters, please contact our SLO Dave Matthew-Jones on email at dave.matthew-jones@cambridge-united.co.uk."

11 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

My friend at work with Camb season ticket is on holiday so cant find out from him but this is pasted on their website ironically when their SLO was really unhelpful! 

"Visiting supporters are allocated tickets in the South Stand and/or South Habbin Stand.

The South Stand is all seated with a capacity of 1,500, whilst some clubs will be allocated the South Habbin Terrace which has a capacity of 1,000.

Entrance to both stands are located on Coldhams Common which supporters can access either from Newmarket Road or Coldhams Lane. From the club shop, head back out on to Newmarket Road, turn left and then turn left again to walk down the foot path and enter at the far end of the ground.

For further information on the Cambridge United match day experience for away supporters, please contact our SLO Dave Matthew-Jones on email at dave.matthew-jones@cambridge-united.co.uk."

No one is saying anything specific so I guess we will have to wait till we sell out the allocation.

11 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

No one is saying anything specific so I guess we will have to wait till we sell out the allocation.

What is ironic, the first 1500 sales are more likely to want to stand than the next 1000