New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

1 hour ago, alram said:

think we have to going forward as supporters. we turned a blind eye too long which led to the position we got in.

I’ll be honest, I did think you were overdoing it but that observation stopped me dead. We did overly trust that the previous owner was doing things reasonably and was prepared to cover his gambles himself. We were wrong and so a request to demonstrate a little caution this time around isn’t unreasonable. Once bitten, twice shy as the saying goes. 

55 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

That's why we have to comply with the EFL plan, to stop us making the same mistakes. We are under far more scrutiny than any other club in League 1 so I think we just need to relax and trust DC not to try to find loopholes etc. 

Isnt it that we have to comply with the EFl plan to stop us benefiting from administration/debt write off ?

10 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Our squad based on last seasons 4231 if the greens sign like reported. Shows we're short at left back and CDM.

Knight & Bielik in red as expect them to both leave.

Could maybe move Knight or Hourihane as CDM and Sibley to CAM. We still need a couple of players in the attacking areas.

Screenshot_20220705-215658_Samsung Notes.jpg

Sadly I think McDonald has been released now but in terms of numbers required I think that's bang on. Let's hope some of those greens materialise...

40 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Our squad based on last seasons 4231 if the greens sign like reported. Shows we're short at left back and CDM.

Could maybe move Knight or Hourihane as CDM and Sibley to CAM. We still need a couple of players in the attacking areas.

The lack of full backs is concerning. Surley we need a couple soon to make sure they can hit the start of the season running.

31 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

GK: Rushworth, Wildsmith

RB: Byrne

CB: Davies, Chester

CB: Cashin, Roberts

LB: ?, Forsyth

CM: Bird, Tommo

CM: Hourihane, McDonald

RW: Barkuizen, ?

AM: Sibley, ?

LW: Mendez-Laing, Sotona

CF: Collins, McGoldrick, Stretton

Still 13 players to sign up, although we appear to be close-ish to getting most of those contracted.

I'm assuming Nunn and Glover would be U23 signings.

4 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Should we be worried about wages etc 

Two things on this, 1. There will be a business plan, in place signed off by other clubs' reps in the efl. They wont let us 'buy the league'. 2. One advantage of going down to 5 contracted players, starting from scratch really is that. We may get to choose a bit  more where the money goes, rather than have loads tied up in squad players.

12 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Should we be worried about wages etc 

No cause we have zero idea what people are on… and we have basically no squad - we will have a budget we have to work towards and we won’t be going out of it. Clowes said his main aim is to make Derby secure and safe for generations to come - he isn’t about to go back on that with a bunch of free transfers within a week. 

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Still 13 players to sign up, although we appear to be close-ish to getting most of those contracted.

You know something others dont on Forysth, McDonald & Collins? Nothing out there to suggest they're close.

You think Glover at 21 would be more of an U21 player than Sotana at 19? I would think both would be for the U21s

Would be 14 including another right back.

Edited by DCFC1388

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Has anyone mentioned yet that we're working within the restrictions of an EFL approved business plan? 

Yes but are we REALLY?! Because signing all these players on top of the 6 experienced pros and kids from the academy seems like maybe Mel Morris is wearing a David Clowes mask and continuing his reckless behaviour and therefore we must be spending way above our means as there’s no other possible explanation for these players joining the club. 

Edit - I am only joking. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Wanted to clarify my tongue firmly in cheek

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Are we assuming Bielik is going with this list? Or was it an accidental omission?

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

You know something others dont on Forysth, McDonald & Collins? Nothing out there to suggest they're close.

You think Glover at 21 would be more of an U21 player than Sotana at 19? I would think both would be for the U21s

Would be 14 including another right back.

I know nothing ? Forsyth and McDonald have been in training with us haven't they? Strong links for Collins.

Glover has only played non-league football and a cup game vs Norwich (lost 6-0). Sotona is more highly regarded, a youth international, and experienced playing against tougher opponents than non-league last season in the form of 'Brentford B' games.

If Byrne stays I would expect him to play 40+ games, just like he has for 4 out of the last 5 seasons. Barkhuizen to fill in for the odd game if needed. Or Knight if we keep hold of him.

1 hour ago, IncredibleKoosh said:

Cybulski is still here isn't he?

Needs a full season with the U21s

18 minutes ago, papa_lazarou said:

Are we assuming Bielik is going with this list? Or was it an accidental omission?

Pretty difficult to se him staying.

8 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Plus knight and Lawrence 

As above