Academy thread 22/23

RoyMac5

What a result for these young lads tonight. Hopefully it reminds them just how good they really are after such a tough season. 

26 minutes ago, 48 hours said:

Got you money's worth tonight Angie !!

Certainly did. That was so exciting! 

We made subs at 5-2 down that worked. They made subs at the same time that disrupted their rhythm. 

Our penalties were great and Harry saved one of theirs. He had already made a string of fine saves in the first half. Hard to decide between him and hat-trick man, Kido Taylor-Hart for MOTM.

Men against boys. Boys won! ??

9 hours ago, 48 hours said:

The 3 substitutions were 

ON  Brown, Bates and Moloney 

OFF Grewal-Pollard, Solomon and Ibrahim

Solomon was limping heavily when I saw him at the end of the game. He was marking 6'7" Tom Denton, who had flattened him several times.

5 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Are there any highlights anywhere...and no not hairdressers ?

There was a DCFC camera there, so hopefully later.

It wasn't Rams TV, just a training camera.

The Alfreton staff said they weren't recording it, although they do now HAVE to provide video highlights of Vanarama games. 

I don't know how local clubs survive. 142 there  last night and I still didn't win the 50/50 draw. ??‍♀️?

Edited by angieram

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

The Alfreton staff said they weren't recording it, although they do now HAVE to provide video highlights of Vanarama games. 

I don't know how local clubs survive. 142 there  last night and I still didn't win the 50/50 draw. ??‍♀️?

£3.50 for a can of Doom bar.

21 minutes ago, angieram said:

So the young uns are off to play Belper Town on the 14th, A lady friend and her fella have booked the football suit(sponsors)for this game, £360 for 8 people, I got an invite...food and beer all in...had to pass on it ?