Academy thread 22/23

RoyMac5

Thanks to everyone that came tonight, games like that are a godsend to prims finances it’s costs a fair bit of money to run a team even in our league, we are solely run by volunteers and our players play for free.

i couldn’t tell you how either team played because I was running the tea bar and we were a bit busier than usual,Bucko came in at half time and he is a top man

9 hours ago, Henrycav81 said:

Thanks to everyone that came tonight, games like that are a godsend to prims finances it’s costs a fair bit of money to run a team even in our league, we are solely run by volunteers and our players play for free.

i couldn’t tell you how either team played because I was running the tea bar and we were a bit busier than usual,Bucko came in at half time and he is a top man

We directed him into there after he'd bought him and DW the hog roast cobs!

Hope you made some money, just a shame about the temperature, which might have put a fair few off.

Thought you played the game in the right spirit, was a good night.

14 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

@angieram, @Premier ram, anybody else who went to Graham Street Prims… what formation / system did Derby U21s play and who played where?

Many thanks.

Definitely four at the back, a bit fluid further forward so hard to tell, really! Oduroh,  Bardell, Solomon and a n other right to left, although left back played a long way forward. Great to see Bardell and Solomon looking strong and fit again.

I haven't seen much of under 21s recently, and was struggling to work out who some of them were. Tall number 9, wasn't sure if he was George Nunn or someone else.

Midfield looked good, Rooney ran the show there, really - he was everywhere. Was with Ibrahim and a number 4 who I couldn't distinguish from the number 10 but he scored the first goal. Brailsford?  Aghatise played down the left and the number 10 on right, but Ibrahim also got forward well.

Interesting when CJ Clarke came on it was in midfield rather than defence where he was covering last season. He looked good too and presumably is a regular starter when Rooney is with first team squad.

Sorry, that's not very helpful. I hope @Premier ram can be of more assistance! 

1 hour ago, Stuniverse said:

@angieram, @Premier ram, anybody else who went to Graham Street Prims… what formation / system did Derby U21s play and who played where?

Many thanks.

Based on what Angie said, I believe it was...

Roberts

Oduroh   Bardell   Solomon   Brailsford

Rooney   Bates

Ibrahim   Aghatise   Kelly

Nunn

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Based on what Angie said, I believe it was...

Roberts

Oduroh   Bardell   Solomon   Brailsford

Rooney   Bates

Ibrahim   Aghatise   Kelly

Nunn

yes pretty much spot on from what i could tell , Rooney star of the show for us , also impressed with Bardell and Brailsford , think Nunn goes under the radar a bit , works hard , technical side of game looks promising

22 hours ago, angieram said:

I haven't seen much of under 21s recently, and was struggling to work out who some of them were. Tall number 9, wasn't sure if he was George Nunn or someone else.

That does sound like George Nunn, @angieram.

22 hours ago, angieram said:

Interesting when CJ Clarke came on it was in midfield rather than defence where he was covering last season. He looked good too and presumably is a regular starter when Rooney is with first team squad.

Courtney Clarke (is he known as CJ now?) had an injury carried over from the end of last season and didn't make his first U21 appearance until Bournemouth U21s away on Friday 23rd September. I think he's made nine U21 appearances so far this season, six as a starter, the majority of those in central midfield. 

By my calculations, these are the appearance and Goals scored stats for the U21s and U18s this season.

U21s

U21_apps1.thumb.png.c913aa40a13ef37be4505541069c5f81.png

U21_apps2.thumb.png.cf8404f6ee1a8bb0028a3d8f8ad86d39.png

U21_apps3.thumb.png.7b81b13f0f298738b4c827ac60a68adb.png

U18s

U18_apps1.thumb.png.c67a9c9e58dd28822223b7890c5cc2be.png

U18_apps2.thumb.png.f8aa9a6d33982e17dbd118a823fea4ea.png

53 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

That does sound like George Nunn, @angieram.

Courtney Clarke (is he known as CJ now?) had an injury carried over from the end of last season and didn't make his first U21 appearance until Bournemouth U21s away on Friday 23rd September. I think he's made nine U21 appearances so far this season, six as a starter, the majority of those in central midfield. 

By my calculations, these are the appearance and Goals scored stats for the U21s and U18s this season.

U21s

U21_apps1.thumb.png.c913aa40a13ef37be4505541069c5f81.png

U21_apps2.thumb.png.cf8404f6ee1a8bb0028a3d8f8ad86d39.png

U21_apps3.thumb.png.7b81b13f0f298738b4c827ac60a68adb.png

U18s

U18_apps1.thumb.png.c67a9c9e58dd28822223b7890c5cc2be.png

U18_apps2.thumb.png.f8aa9a6d33982e17dbd118a823fea4ea.png

The other players all call him CJ. We saw a lot of him last season but always at centre back, covering for Bardell and Solomon, whereas previously he had played in midfield.

I'm pleased he's back there.