Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

FA Cup and Europe. Heard it here first.. 👀🍿

One is an English football competition.

The other is a continent.

Both are completely irrelevant to notts forest.

What else did you learn about today Dawn? Are they still doing the Romans or have you moved on to the Tudors and Stewart's?

He's adorable. The imagination that only a child can possess.

15 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

One is an English football competition.

The other is a continent.

Both are completely irrelevant to notts forest.

What else did you learn about today Dawn? Are they still doing the Romans or have you moved on to the Tudors and Stewart's?

He's adorable. The imagination that only a child can possess.

Who pissed in your coffee this morning?

I can assure you it wasn't me this time. 

4 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I thought you’d make a better fist of trying to win the League Cup.

Especially as all the big boys play squad players.

Not sure any red dogs can make a fist of any description, let alone a better one!

It’s the extra digit, innit! 

Please think before posting! 😉

we laugh at the European comments but my worry is there owner is the one that has the ambition and he normally gets what he wants in the end I don’t think he has intentions of having them near the drop, we really needed them to go down last year for them to be in trouble, it’s gonna be a long few years I feel

1 hour ago, alram said:

we laugh at the European comments but my worry is there owner is the one that has the ambition and he normally gets what he wants in the end I don’t think he has intentions of having them near the drop, we really needed them to go down last year for them to be in trouble, it’s gonna be a long few years I feel

Is it balls.

Whatever happens they will provide ceaseless amusement by the simple fact they're notts forest. They won't be able to help themselves.

It’s all cyclical. You can look at any rivalry between similar sized clubs and say the same.

Derby - Forest - Leicester

Wolves - WBA 

Ipswich - Norwich

Sheffield Utd - Wednesday

Swansea - Cardiff

Blackburn - Bolton

All of these clubs are pretty much the same size as each other. Same potential. 

So there will be ups and downs. 

On 03/09/2023 at 10:56, jameso said:

This might sound like one of those ungracious "yes, but..." answers - because it is.

Yes he has done well and other managers may not have succeeded in doing what he did (to get them up and keep them up)

but he has been well-backed financially and, like all successful clubs, his reign has coincided with a bit of fortune, particularly at key moments (play-off final, utter rubbishness of relegation rivals at the end of last season). He's also fortunate that this season looks like having the most average-or-worse Premier League teams for a long time. I had them down for 14th (sorry) before a ball was kicked and they could even go higher if all their new signings bed in.

I still wonder if he might be a stepping stone to a manager the owner thinks fit for the big-spending Notts Forest he has been putting together. You only have to look at Bournemouth and Watford to know that a lot of clubs don't worry too much about loyalty. So I'm not sure if you think they'll drop down because he'll walk/move on to better things, or he'll get sacked before, during or after the whole house of cards comes crashing down.

(I have no firm evidence that the latter will happen... just have to live in hope).

You have to think he'll be one of the favourites for the England job post-Euros once the FA realise they've got no hope in hell of attracting Guardiola. 

30 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

It’s all cyclical. You can look at any rivalry between similar sized clubs and say the same.

Wolves - WBA 

Ipswich - Norwich

Swansea - Cardiff

Blackburn - Bolton

Blackpool - Preston ?

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Wolves - WBA 

Ipswich - Norwich

Swansea - Cardiff

Blackburn - Bolton

Let’s hope so but if we both stay in our current divisions for a long time we will not be similar sized clubs anymore

are West Ham and Millwall similar sized clubs anymore? Birmingham and Villa? Newcastle and Sunderland?

we are just hoping for the best here by saying it’s cyclical

Edited by alram

On 05/09/2023 at 21:18, alram said:

Let’s hope so but if we both stay in our current divisions for a long time we will not be similar sized clubs anymore

are West Ham and Millwall similar sized clubs anymore? Birmingham and Villa? Newcastle and Sunderland?

we are just hoping for the best here by saying it’s cyclical

West Ham and Villa have always been bigger, whilst Sunderland haven't had a sustained spell above Newcastle since the 50s

13 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

Agree. West Ham and Millwall? That’s the same as saying Derby and Burton are similar sized. And Birmingham have always been a lesser team than Villa

no it’s not

and I hate to break it to you but we are closer to Burton than we are Forest at the minute in every department