Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

The owner won’t tolerate relegation, so yeah whilst Cooper will remain in charge, the statement is far from being a vote of confidence.

Villa and Man Utd games as daft as it sounds are now must wins for him to keep the job.

7 games remaining after that, who they think will come in and keep the club up is a great question and one you can be sure they are working on the answer for now. 

Big Sam wouldn’t be a bad call to make if it’s a 7 game to stay up mission. Not a contract you would be looking to extend beyond that though.

The key thing is that it is all so insanely tight at the foot of the EPL that you can stick with a manager a little longer to see how it goes, but it may literally be the last game before you know whether your gamble pays off. It's 9 teams for 3 relegation places realistically.

There are so many teams in trouble that anyone who strings any kind of patchy form together is going to give themselves a great chance because surely 2 or 3 teams are going to have a stinker of a last 9 or so games. I think much may come down to which teams play each other, like Leicester vs Bournemouth and Leeds vs Palace this weekend.

Having said how close it is, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see the current bottom 3 go down.

It's genuinely quite interesting though and I might actually watch a few games in the run-in and partially justify my Sky subscription.

19 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I like to think of it, not so much sacking cooper to ensure relegation, so much as an opportunity to appoint someone incredibly ill suited to the championship.

There must be someone with the right look of ability masking a deep and pure ineptitude who forest could turn to.

Frank if he doesn't go back to Chelsea?

Edited by Gaspode

4 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I think that’s it for us this season and probably our wonderful manager too. Injuries and poor January recruitment have sunk us. If Dane Murphy was still around I doubt he’d have approved the likes of Wood and Shelvey. 

I’d say see you next season but don’t have many hopes you’ll get to the playoffs let alone win them.. 

I don't think 70%  of your signings, were players Cooper wanted, he is just playing with the cards he's been dealt. The bottom of the prem is far more interesting than the top, i think a loss at an improving Villa will see him doomed.

Edited by I am Ram

4 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I think that’s it for us this season and probably our wonderful manager too. Injuries and poor January recruitment have sunk us. If Dane Murphy was still around I doubt he’d have approved the likes of Wood and Shelvey. 

I’d say see you next season but don’t have many hopes you’ll get to the playoffs let alone win them.. 

Without wishing to give you any kind of hope, I think there are many more twists and turns to come in the Premier League relegation fight. Teams at the bottom playing each other, opponents with nothing to play for giving some fringe players a runout etc. Leicester got a right kick in the nuts last night with a late winner conceded, Southampton look the poorest of the bunch and you have them at home where you are more or less competent. It's stupidly open... uncharacteristically so.

Re us, yes, I suspect that you're right, unfortunately (just my opinion obvs..). Momentum is very much against us (Lost 4 of the last 5 and only beating a poor Oxford side) and even if we get there I can't see us beating whoever of the top 3 drops out or Barnsley who gave us a bit of a mauling recently.

In all honesty, if we are going to drop out of the top 6 then I'd would rather us have done it now than in some gutting last day of the season scenario. We might rally of course but we seem to have played our best football mid-season and though we've done OK with injuries so nothing really to blame there, we've just seemed to have suffered a loss of form for a number of key players and we haven't scored in the last 3 games.. not great timing. All that seems to have tempered expectation somewhat and it's out of our hands for the first time in a while. Maybe it'll take a bit of pressure off and we'll find some form... who knows.

24 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Without wishing to give you any kind of hope, I think there are many more twists and turns to come in the Premier League relegation fight. Teams at the bottom playing each other, opponents with nothing to play for giving some fringe players a runout etc. Leicester got a right kick in the nuts last night with a late winner conceded, Southampton look the poorest of the bunch and you have them at home where you are more or less competent. It's stupidly open... uncharacteristically so.

Re us, yes, I suspect that you're right, unfortunately (just my opinion obvs..). Momentum is very much against us (Lost 4 of the last 5 and only beating a poor Oxford side) and even if we get there I can't see us beating whoever of the top 3 drops out or Barnsley who gave us a bit of a mauling recently.

In all honesty, if we are going to drop out of the top 6 then I'd would rather us have done it now than in some gutting last day of the season scenario. We might rally of course but we seem to have played our best football mid-season and though we've done OK with injuries so nothing really to blame there, we've just seemed to have suffered a loss of form for a number of key players and we haven't scored in the last 3 games.. not great timing. All that seems to have tempered expectation somewhat and it's out of our hands for the first time in a while. Maybe it'll take a bit of pressure off and we'll find some form... who knows.

I couldn't agree more. There's a long way to go and even picking up the odd draw here and there where its not expected could be enough. 

I'd suggest the odds are incredibly stacked against us, but there is a while to go yet. 

3 hours ago, Mr. P said:

He’s staying which is the sensible choice if they go down, he’s the perfect choice to get them straight back up. 

That's if he doesn't get poached by a PL club. He may not want to drop down a division if he gets the chance to go to another PL club. There'll be no shortage of teams looking for a new manager.

17 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I couldn't agree more. There's a long way to go and even picking up the odd draw here and there where its not expected could be enough. 

I'd suggest the odds are incredibly stacked against us, but there is a while to go yet. 

You will always have a chance because the other teams down there are also struggling for points.

Also the bottom teams aren’t causing any shocks this season. I mentioned above but only Everton of those down there have beaten a top four side.

But with Forest’s remaining games you are going to have to do two things you have yet to do this season to survive.

1. Beat a team in the top 7 with United, Arsenal, Brighton and Brentford still to play.

2. Beat a team away from home who is currently higher than you in the league. Also not get thrashed in London.

Forest have the hardest set of fixtures of those down there and you are on the worst run of form.

But this season has been a weird one. It would almost be too normal if Saints, Bournemouth and Forest drop.

14 minutes ago, Crewton said:

That's if he doesn't get poached by a PL club. He may not want to drop down a division if he gets the chance to go to another PL club. There'll be no shortage of teams looking for a new manager.

There is no chance he would leave them if they don’t sack him, if he did especially if relegated it would be a pretty low move, I expect their owner would want his loyalty rewarded

5 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Strange statement - he's staying but performances and results MUST improve.....

They may as well have said that if they don’t win on Saturday he’s sacked.  The sensible thing at this point is to wait until the end of the season and even then to stick with him regardless.  If they stay up, he’s a year wiser for the experience.  If they go down, he’s probably their best bet of going back up.  But this is the Fat Greek, and I don’t think he does sensible.  I think he’s sacked anyway, regardless of whether they stay up or go down.

Cooper will be the winner who’ll leave with his reputation in tact.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

1 hour ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

They may as well have said that if they don’t win on Saturday he’s sacked.  The sensible thing at this point is to wait until the end of the season and even then to stick with him regardless.  If they stay up, he’s a year wiser for the experience.  If they go down, he’s probably their best bet of going back up.  But this is the Fat Greek, and I don’t think he does sensible.  I think he’s sacked anyway, regardless of whether they stay up or go down.

Cooper will be the winner who’ll leave with his reputation in tact.

He’s still in a job because the fat Greek can’t get anyone else in - it’s that simple 

27 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

He’s still in a job because the fat Greek can’t get anyone else in - it’s that simple 

This…

10 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Don’t superimpose your s*** show of a season on ours.  I really don’t care two hoots what you think about our play off chances.

I just hope that your recruitment ends in financial troubles that you and your fellow fellow Gumps lorded over us in false morality deserves.

13 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

Don’t superimpose your s*** show of a season on ours.  I really don’t care two hoots what you think about our play off chances.

I just hope that your recruitment ends in financial troubles that you and your fellow fellow Gumps lorded over us in false morality deserves.

There’s no need for diplomacy, say what you really think 😂

5 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

There’s no need for diplomacy, say what you really think 😂

Say as I see… 😂