Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

On 20/02/2023 at 15:08, alram said:

oh come on even the biggest hater of forest could admit he has done a good job there

1 player or 40 players he has got them mid table in the prem as things stand. they were only about 3 points ahead of us with a points deduction when he took over.

Good post. Cooper has performed miracles really. From the bottom of the Championship to 13th in the Premier League with 2 Cup quarters and a semi thrown in is stuff of dreams. All in less than 18 months.

Potter at Chelsea is showing just how difficult it is to manage a large influx of players which highlights how good Cooper has done. This is all with injuries left right and centre too. There's at least 9 to my knowledge and almost all players who would get in the team if fit too.

The difference in atmosphere around the club and the city is stark compared to the previous god awful Hughton era.

Edited by Pontius Pilate

2 hours ago, Pontius Pilate said:

Marinakis using Forest to sportswash, heard it all now.

I love how he's put on the same level as entire nations committing human rights crimes.

Literally sportswash relates to ‘laundering’ money. Making dirty money clean. It applies more to the likes of Marinakis and people like Abramovic, then to the Saudis etc.

for them it’s more about ‘washing’ their dirty reputation. But that’s not where the term came from. 

Marinakis using Forest to sportswash, heard it all now.

I love how he's put on the same level as entire nations committing human rights crimes.

I must find that tweet from one of your less intelligent fans who claimed that your sponsorship deal with UNHCR "shamed the rest of football" ?

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Literally sportswash relates to ‘laundering’ money. Making dirty money clean. It applies more to the likes of Marinakis and people like Abramovic, then to the Saudis etc.

for them it’s more about ‘washing’ their dirty reputation. But that’s not where the term came from. 

So what exactly has Marinakis done wrong then, as in crimes he's committed? 

If he's using Forest to supposedly launder all his money I'm guessing you'll educate me and respond with a whole list of crimes he's been guilty of?

It's an interesting tactic to launder 'dirty money' I must say, bringing global attention to himself by throwing money around in the most watched and scrutinised sports league on the planet.

It's an interesting tactic to launder 'dirty money' I must say, bringing global attention to himself by throwing money around in the most watched and scrutinised sports league on the planet.

Sorry just to be clear do you think Abramovich owned Chelsea because he liked a bit of football. Oh my sweet summer child ?

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

Sorry just to be clear do you think Abramovich owned Chelsea because he liked a bit of football. Oh my sweet summer child ?

To someone of that wealth a football club is basically a toy to play with anyway. Marinakis isn't in the same league though financially as Abramovich.

Anyway I'm still waiting to read about all the crimes he's committed...

5 hours ago, Pontius Pilate said:

So what exactly has Marinakis done wrong then, as in crimes he's committed? 

If he's using Forest to supposedly launder all his money I'm guessing you'll educate me and respond with a whole list of crimes he's been guilty of?

I think they had the same conversations around Al Capone.

1 hour ago, Pontius Pilate said:

To someone of that wealth a football club is basically a toy to play with anyway. Marinakis isn't in the same league though financially as Abramovich.

Anyway I'm still waiting to read about all the crimes he's committed...

Try google, it will give you a few pointers.?

1 hour ago, Pontius Pilate said:

Ah nothing then, the defence rests your honour.

That’s dodgy ground that is. That’s a success at all costs, damn your pride and ethics, mentality. that is sticking your head in the sand, your fingers in your ears and and screaming ‘la la la, I’m not listening.’ That’s being a Newcastle fan.

You know and I know that legally, he hasn’t been found guilty of anything, but there’s literally no smoke without fire. He is clearly as dodgy as f***, and it’ll catch up with him one day. Or maybe it won’t, but the point is, he’s not going to jail for forest. As soon as the league clamps down on sources of income, and it all gets a little close to exposing all his shenanigans, then he will cut his losses and drop forest, and leave them in the s***, and never look back or think twice about the fans.

To be fair Marinakis has only been charged with verbal abuse of a referee, match fixing, involvement with criminal gangs and drug trafficking. He hasn’t, as far as I know, been involved in state sponsored genocide so needs to up his game if he wants to fit in with his premier league pals. 

1 hour ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

To be fair Marinakis has only been charged with verbal abuse of a referee, match fixing, involvement with criminal gangs and drug trafficking. He hasn’t, as far as I know, been involved in state sponsored genocide so needs to up his game if he wants to fit in with his premier league pals. 

Depends what you mean by involved. 

The Greeks continued to help transport Russian oil until last month - below is his opinion on the sanctions. 

"Marinakis was one of a host of Greek owners who came out fighting their position on trade with Russia at a number of conferences held during Posidonia week last month. Marinakis told delegates at Capital Link’s event in Athens last month that sanctions penalised Europe more than they did Russia. He went further at the TradeWinds Shipowners Forum the following day, labelling sanctions as “b*******”."

Don't forget that one of his ships also "unknowingly" loaded a load of Iranian oil on to it that was subsequently seized by the United States.

4 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

If you haven’t seen it Google an article by New Republic called the Vampire Ship. It’s a long but interesting read about the lovely Mr Marinikas and his associates. 

4 hours ago, GenBr said:

Depends what you mean by involved. 

The Greeks continued to help transport Russian oil until last month - below is his opinion on the sanctions. 

"Marinakis was one of a host of Greek owners who came out fighting their position on trade with Russia at a number of conferences held during Posidonia week last month. Marinakis told delegates at Capital Link’s event in Athens last month that sanctions penalised Europe more than they did Russia. He went further at the TradeWinds Shipowners Forum the following day, labelling sanctions as “b*******”."

Don't forget that one of his ships also "unknowingly" loaded a load of Iranian oil on to it that was subsequently seized by the United States.

Clearly upped his game. Welcome to the premier league! Forest’s owner profiting in some part from the war in Ukraine then. To be honest it doesn’t matter which football club he owns, some things transcend football don’t they. Doesn’t agree with sanctions because it affects his profits no doubt. 

On 24/02/2023 at 07:43, TigerTedd said:

That’s dodgy ground that is. That’s a success at all costs, damn your pride and ethics, mentality. that is sticking your head in the sand, your fingers in your ears and and screaming ‘la la la, I’m not listening.’ That’s being a Newcastle fan.

You know and I know that legally, he hasn’t been found guilty of anything, but there’s literally no smoke without fire. He is clearly as dodgy as f***, and it’ll catch up with him one day. Or maybe it won’t, but the point is, he’s not going to jail for forest. As soon as the league clamps down on sources of income, and it all gets a little close to exposing all his shenanigans, then he will cut his losses and drop forest, and leave them in the s***, and never look back or think twice about the fans.

He isn't Mel Morris you know!