Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Aren’t you bored already? I mean, I’d understand the excitement if you were still a work in progress playing great football. But it seems like you are maxing out playing defensive percentage football.

You are like how Brighton were under Chris Hughton. 

The last 2 years have been an unfathomable delight. 

Have you any idea what a pleasure it is to be an established PL side playing under what I--and I would imagine most Forest fans--consider the best manager since BC? An excellent manager but clearly a great person and stalwart for the club. Will go onto much bigger things than NFFC.

I'm as invested as I've ever been as a Forest fan. I'll take this over relegation fears in the championship, League One, and playoff heartache anyday.. 

2 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Have you any idea what a pleasure it is to be an established PL side playing under what I--and I would imagine most Forest fans--consider the best manager since BC? An excellent manager but clearly a great person and stalwart for the club. Will go onto much bigger things than NFFC.

I'm as invested as I've ever been as a Forest fan. I'll take this over relegation fears in the championship, League One, and playoff heartache anyday.. 

Steve Cooper won’t go on to much better. No way is he in a league of De Zerbi or Unai Emery, let alone the next bracket of top class managers. He doesn’t play the right type of football to attract a better job. 

This isn’t a dig or jealousy speaking. But Forest play a bland brand of football. It’s percentage football. Excellent defensive work, clinical in the final third. Roy Hodgson at Palace is similar. Even Thomas Frank at Brentford. It works and it’s successful, but it’s already at the limit. It won’t get any better unless you gamble like Tony Bloom did at Brighton. And that backfired with teams like Bolton and Blackburn.

Any Derby fan would swap position with Forest in a heartbeat. No denying that. 

But I personally would lose interest after a couple of seasons of playing percentage football in the PL, winning only 9 or 10 games a season and getting more joy from the referee’s final whistle as opposed to the football on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

I didn’t even notice Forest were playing today.

They have quickly turned into a PL side with very little media attention.

They are never going to become a top six side. And for this season at least they are in no danger of going down.

Similar to Palace, Fulham and Wolves. You may aswell call the season on them now. They are just going to be in the comfortable 10th - 16th range.

I’ll say one thing for derby county, I can’t think of season in the past decade at least when we haven’t had something to play for right to the last game or two of the season. We’ve always been going for the play offs or relegation. There’s no mud table obscurity for us. 

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Steve Cooper won’t go on to much better. No way is he in a league of De Zerbi or Unai Emery, let alone the next bracket of top class managers. He doesn’t play the right type of football to attract a better job. 

This isn’t a dig or jealousy speaking. But Forest play a bland brand of football. It’s percentage football. Excellent defensive work, clinical in the final third. Roy Hodgson at Palace is similar. Even Thomas Frank at Brentford. It works and it’s successful, but it’s already at the limit. It won’t get any better unless you gamble like Tony Bloom did at Brighton. And that backfired with teams like Bolton and Blackburn.

Any Derby fan would swap position with Forest in a heartbeat. No denying that. 

But I personally would lose interest after a couple of seasons of playing percentage football in the PL, winning only 9 or 10 games a season and getting more joy from the referee’s final whistle as opposed to the football on the pitch.

We're a lower half PL team. We're not going to be able to play tika-taka and out percentage teams, nor does that even matter anymore. 

Winning football and keeping NFFC in the PL is all that counts. This is a progression season and we're exactly where we need to be. Leeds did great their first season playing this supposedly progressive brand but look where that got them. Fatigued and relegated 2 seasons in. 

Nobody is losing interest watching Forest. Only one look across the A52 will remind the most half empty Forest fan of how far we've come.. 

10 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

We're a lower half PL team. We're not going to be able to play tika-taka and out percentage teams, nor does that even matter anymore. 

Winning football and keeping NFFC in the PL is all that counts. This is a progression season and we're exactly where we need to be. Leeds did great their first season playing this supposedly progressive brand but look where that got them. Fatigued and relegated 2 seasons in. 

Nobody is losing interest watching Forest. Only one look across the A52 will remind the most half empty Forest fan of how far we've come.. 

Graham Potter played expansive football at Brighton. His first two seasons there wielded similar points and position to that of Chris Hughton (41 points and 16th spot), but the GD was much better and the foundation were then built for their top half finish in his third season. Potter’s football got him the Chelsea job.

Pochettino was similar at Southampton. His football got him the Spurs job.

Eddie Howe’s football at Bournemouth got him the Newcastle job.

Nobody is going to look at Forest under Cooper, getting 25% possession at home, having the worst XG in the league and thinking yeah this guy looks a good fit for a Tottenham or Chelsea. He is doing brilliant at Forest in the same way Hughton did at Brighton and Dyche did at Burnley, except Cooper has had a far bigger budget than those two.

I’m not advocating for Forest to sack Cooper. From a business sense, you could argue he almost guarantees PL survival (similar to Hodgson, that’s why Palace went back to him). 

But there is no future for Cooper above this current level and the same goes for Forest while Cooper is in charge. So yeah, get used to percentage underdog football, lower PL finishes, only 9-10 wins every season and negative GDs.

Different times I know but I guarantee Forest under Cooper won’t reach the heights of Derby under Jim Smith. No chance.

Edited by Bris Vegas

You lot might laugh. But he’s well thought of within the FA and already lead the youth team to European cup glory. 

What had Gareth Southgate achieved in domestic football that SC hasn’t? You could argue his resume was worse before he got the England job. 

When I’m referring to bigger things, that’s what I’m thinking. Heard it here first.. 

2 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

You lot might laugh. But he’s well thought of within the FA and already lead the youth team to European cup glory. 

What had Gareth Southgate achieved in domestic football that SC hasn’t? You could argue his resume was worse before he got the England job. 

When I’m referring to bigger things, that’s what I’m thinking. Heard it here first.. 

That could be a good shout actually. And he probably wouldn’t be a bad tournament manager. 

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

For saying he has spent 150m + on players, playing low percentage possession football and grinding out results doesn’t appeal to me as a manager doing a good job 

53 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Graham Potter played expansive football at Brighton. His first two seasons there wielded similar points and position to that of Chris Hughton (41 points and 16th spot), but the GD was much better and the foundation were then built for their top half finish in his third season. Potter’s football got him the Chelsea job.

Pochettino was similar at Southampton. His football got him the Spurs job.

Eddie Howe’s football at Bournemouth got him the Newcastle job.

Nobody is going to look at Forest under Cooper, getting 25% possession at home, having the worst XG in the league and thinking yeah this guy looks a good fit for a Tottenham or Chelsea. He is doing brilliant at Forest in the same way Hughton did at Brighton and Dyche did at Burnley, except Cooper has had a far bigger budget than those two.

I’m not advocating for Forest to sack Cooper. From a business sense, you could argue he almost guarantees PL survival (similar to Hodgson, that’s why Palace went back to him). 

But there is no future for Cooper above this current level and the same goes for Forest while Cooper is in charge. So yeah, get used to percentage underdog football, lower PL finishes, only 9-10 wins every season and negative GDs.

Different times I know but I guarantee Forest under Cooper won’t reach the heights of Derby under Jim Smith. No chance.

What kind of football were his England kids playing, do you know? Genuine question.

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

How ungrateful is this. DC literally saved your club and its not good enough? He's done an enormous amount for DCFC and god alone knows where you'd be if it wasn't for him. 

You sound like my ex wife. 

i have no problem with DC or his plans. but we are not in a position to laugh at forests owner for having ambition

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I had a few notifications and they were all Dawn reaction emoji notifications of some predictions I made at the beginning of last season.

Kind of weird to pull them up now. The time to do that was in May after they beat Arsenal.

I just had a nosy at a few posts at the start of this thread. There were a lot of pretty outlandish and confident opinions--yours amongst the most brazen--that didn't exactly come to fruition. Just funny to look back and reflect..

Who you losing to this weekend?

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

I just had a nosy at a few posts at the start of this thread. There were a lot of pretty outlandish and confident opinions--yours amongst the most brazen--that didn't exactly come to fruition. Just funny to look back and reflect..

Who you losing to this weekend?

Derby won't lose another league game until March. You heard it here first.