Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

10 hours ago, Jourdan said:

But they only need one surprise result now, even a singular point might be enough, so they should be feeling very confident.

One more win keeps them up, can't see any other way around it.

0-1 points though, given their goal difference, must mean squeaky bum time, and on paper that's what they should be heading for.

While I'm here I find myself having to acknowledge that Gibbs-White is the sort of player I hoped they'd never get (regardless of the ridiculous fee they paid for him).

11 hours ago, Yoxoram said:

So what you are saying is that we should not have been given the penalty against Burton when Bird got in front of the defender; just like Johnson.

There's a clear difference. Bird had his whole body in front of the Burton defender and was in control of the ball. Johnson stuck his foot out in an attempt to win the ball off the Southampton player 

1 hour ago, ziggyram59 said:

I still think Forest will go down I can't see them getting any more points this season, I think Leeds with Allardyce will stay up I even think they have a chance against  Newcastle . Leicester look like there doomed. 

i dont think many will pick up points, all teams have very difficult games. it will take a real few suprise results to change positions now which as we know is still possible

12 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I still think one more point will be enough. Its possible Leicester and Leeds don't win another match, but you can't be complacent. 

Everton will win another against Wolves or BMouth. They'll be fine. 

Just wonder if loadsamoney Sam may get the dirties out. West Ham match euro final will be on their mind if in it , and Spurs at home at Elland Road if points needed, well Spuds have always has a soft underbelly. Think Fester are toast

4 minutes ago, popside ossie end popside said:

Just wonder if loadsamoney Sam may get the dirties out. West Ham match euro final will be on their mind if in it , and Spurs at home at Elland Road if points needed, well Spuds have always has a soft underbelly. Think Fester are toast

As it stands, Everton just need a point to surpass them, I think they’ll get that and then some, and then we’re just looking for one of Leicester or Leeds to win one game. Surely out of 6 possible games, one of them will win something.

I think Forest could easily go to the end of the season without getting another point and their goal difference will get them. 

18 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I'm not gonna lie. Of all the crappy things happening in my life, yesterday gave me a much-needed pickup. 

Football is fickle, as they say. The euphoria of a promotion season (I just about remember such things) followed by a season with few victories - football as a crutch and distraction from life's troubles becomes a season-long headache! But at least you're competitive and (if you can bear the excitement) the best time could be coming up in the next couple of weeks.

(I can't believe I've just written that to a Forest fan 😉).

2 minutes ago, jameso said:

Football is fickle, as they say. The euphoria of a promotion season (I just about remember such things) followed by a season with few victories - football as a crutch and distraction from life's troubles becomes a season-long headache! But at least you're competitive and (if you can bear the excitement) the best time could be coming up in the next couple of weeks.

(I can't believe I've just written that to a Forest fan 😉).

To be fair both clubs are very similar, one part of their history with unbelievable success, most of the rest with loads of downs and heartbreak. Obviously the major difference is one club never got out of the dark ages and due to many cases of incest are still followed by cavemen

Think Everton are almost safe, Forest are in the driving seat for the remaining stay of execution. But all 3 of; Leeds, Leicester and Forest have matches they can get something out of. So minus a shock result it'll go down to the last day. 

37 minutes ago, popside ossie end popside said:

Both Leeds and Leicester have games they can get something out of. I still think Leicester have a better chance than Leeds. I mean, even yesterday, they scored 3 away and missed a penalty. Any other week they win that. 

I did put a bet on Leeds going down a few weeks back.  Was hoping Man City put a cricket score past them, but I'll take another loss. Newcastle to put them to the sword next week 🤞

2 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I still think Leicester have a better chance than Leeds. I mean, even yesterday, they scored 3 away and missed a penalty. Any other week they win that. 

Albeit they have Faes and Soyuncu at the heart of their defence, possibly the two dodgiest defenders in the league as a Laurel and Hardy double act (I realise Faes can hit a mean pass but, like David Luiz, that shouldn't really be his first priority).

They have also recently appointed a man who was taking Villa backwards and then took Norwich down...

It wouldn't fill me with optimism if I were a Leicester fan!

1 hour ago, alram said:

i dont think many will pick up points, all teams have very difficult games. it will take a real few suprise results to change positions now which as we know is still possible

It’s like eating a $**t sandwich wanting Leeds or Everton to win and get above Forest. Can see it with Everton but not so sure Leeds will. 

Last day of the season fun beckons.

I think Forest still need 1 more point to be honest, and I think it’ll go down to the last day.

If Chelsea have turned a corner then it’ll be tough to get a point from their next two games, so it could all depend on Palace away, their best chance of a point on paper anyway.

Leeds at home to Spurs and Leicester at home to West Ham on the last day. I wouldn’t be surprised if Leeds & Leicester fail to get another point this season, but at the same time I can see both winning their last games so it’s going to be tight.

Spurs are extremely hot and cold. Elland Road with everything on the line is definitely an occasion I can imagine them being cold.

Similar for West Ham, add in a possible European final into the equation and Leicester could definitely get 3 points.

I think Everton will be safe, Southampton are down, so it’s 2 from 3.

11 minutes ago, jameso said:

Albeit they have Faes and Soyuncu at the heart of their defence, possibly the two dodgiest defenders in the league as a Laurel and Hardy double act (I realise Faes can hit a mean pass but, like David Luiz, that shouldn't really be his first priority).

They have also recently appointed a man who was taking Villa backwards and then took Norwich down...

It wouldn't fill me with optimism if I were a Leicester fan!

Dont fill you with confidence if you're a Fester fan do they? And the appointment of Smith has to be seen as a desperate roll of the dice. No different to Allardyce. 

Still more twists and turns though, as Bris has often said on here. 

Edited by Red_Dawn