First home game next season

Archied

I think if we are at home I would hope we have a capacity home crowd to celebrate the new era.

Start as we mean to go on and get some money rolling in the right direction and be that 12th man we were all last season.

Just because we are a level down, I don't see why the support should drop. Let's face it, the odds of us surviving last season were pretty much none but we still went. COYR

I remember when we were last down in the depths of Div. 3 (as it was).

Went to the Wolves game at Molineux and the programme listed the top ten gates that season:

Top 9 were all Rams at home (BBG) and the tenth? Rams away somewhere because we took such a mob everywhere.

Happy memories - Newport County away with Wally "singing in the rain"! 

24 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

First games of the season away to Bristol Rovers, home to Wigan on the Tuesday.

Whoops  brain fart on my part, we can't play Wigan meant to put any one of the teams that missed out in the play-offs

I remember an article in one of the papers when Man City were relegated to the third tier. The headline, after their well attended first home match, being something along the lines of '29,000 reasons why City shouldn't be in this division'.

No doubt we will surpass that and send out a similar, defiant statement of intent.

34 minutes ago, Skin em Ted said:

I remember an article in one of the papers when Man City were relegated to the third tier. The headline, after their well attended first home match, being something along the lines of '29,000 reasons why City shouldn't be in this division'.

No doubt we will surpass that and send out a similar, defiant statement of intent.

Agree should be a big crowd. Previous 2 div 3 home debuts.

20/8/1955, Derby 4 Mansfield 0, 24,159.

1/9/1984, Derby 3 Bolton 2, 11,478.