Pre Season Friendlies 22/23

5 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

After some info please. I know I can get 1 ticket with my ID but as the missus has never been to a match I would prefer 2. Am I more chance of going to the ticket office to buy 2? Any suggestions on which bay would be better. I’m thinking G, to the left of centre. The most important, where’s the best place for drink pre game. 

They will insist on you setting up some ID for her, should be easy if you can provide a second email address. It might be fun to go to ticket office just for the experience!

No bad views at Pride Park but go high up if you are choosing East Stand and don't want to be sat in full sun. South Stand will be in shade.

7 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

After some info please. I know I can get 1 ticket with my ID but as the missus has never been to a match I would prefer 2. Am I more chance of going to the ticket office to buy 2? Any suggestions on which bay would be better. I’m thinking G, to the left of centre. The most important, where’s the best place for drink pre game. 

She'll need (or you will) to set up her own fan ID. You can then link the 2 accounts together under the "friends and family" option and then you can buy the 2 tickets on either account as long as you assign each ticket to each individual owner.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

They will insist on you setting up some ID for her, should be easy if you can provide a second email address. It might be fun to go to ticket office just for the experience!

No bad views at Pride Park but go high up if you are choosing East Stand and don't want to be sat in full sun. South Stand will be in shade.

I’ve picked up tickets twice before and found it very easy, maybe different after the last couple of years. I’ve sat SW corner before so might go for south stand, just a bit worried about standing all game as my better halves knees are still shot from the walk.

1 hour ago, Stagtime said:

I’ve picked up tickets twice before and found it very easy, maybe different after the last couple of years. I’ve sat SW corner before so might go for south stand, just a bit worried about standing all game as my better halves knees are still shot from the walk.

East Stand it is then - brilliant view from the half way line!

6 hours ago, Stagtime said:

It changed post-covid due to needing to be able to identify (as best they can) who sat where for contact tracing etc.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

It changed post-covid due to needing to be able to identify (as best they can) who sat where for contact tracing etc.

Ordered my seats(EUH) no worries, just haven’t got access to a printer so hopefully I can pick them up around lunchtime Saturday.

27 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

Ordered my seats(EUH) no worries, just haven’t got access to a printer so hopefully I can pick them up around lunchtime Saturday.

I could have printed them off for you and met you outside ground. Presumably you don't have that option now?

Hopefully ticket office won't be too busy.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

I could have printed them off for you and met you outside ground. Presumably you don't have that option now?

Hopefully ticket office won't be too busy.

Thanks Angie but I’ve already hit the pickup button. Hopefully the ticket office is open Saturday as the website say’s closed Saturday. Might have to call them tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Stagtime said:

Thanks Angie but I’ve already hit the pickup button. Hopefully the ticket office is open Saturday as the website say’s closed Saturday. Might have to call them tomorrow.

They are always open matchdays but it might be a little busy. For league matches they have a separate little stall for matchday tickets, probably won't for a friendly, so allow as much time as you can.

9 hours ago, angieram said:

They are always open matchdays but it might be a little busy. For league matches they have a separate little stall for matchday tickets, probably won't for a friendly, so allow as much time as you can.

Thanks Angie, I think we’ll head straight there before we go to the motel.

9 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

I wonder if it will be an 11 vs Leicester who play a full 90 with kids on the bench & then the a different 11 in the other game

In terms of season preparation, I’d much rather we were playing another top end L2 team on Saturday than Leicester. Apart from the physical work out (and a bit of money in the bank of course) I don’t see what we (or Leicester) will gain from the experience. Same with the Berlin game really.

Edited by Tamworthram

50 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

In terms of season preparation, I’d much rather we were playing another top end L2 team on Saturday than Leicester. Apart from the physical work out (and a bit of money in the bank of course) I don’t see what we (or Leicester) will gain from the experience. Same with the Berlin game really.

Hopefully this extra game LR has referred to will address this concern. There's no doubt our preseason schedule looked light on practice games (and preparation time), unsurprisingly given the circumstances, and we're seeing now how far behind most L1 and L2 clubs we probably are in that process. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Wouldn't you rather know that we can play like we did against Werder? Must be a positive for the players too - see Birdies Insta comment on how he enjoyed the game. If we played like last night all preseason I'd really be worried. ?

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Wouldn't you rather know that we can play like we did against Werder? Must be a positive for the players too - see Birdies Insta comment on how he enjoyed the game. If we played like last night all preseason I'd really be worried. ?

No because we won’t be playing teams of Hertha’s (not Werder) quality or style of play. It will be good if we can beat Leicester but it won’t really help with our preparations for games against League 1 teams.

Last nights defeat was probably of more value (assuming some lessons were learnt) than a nice win against Hertha.

Season after season some fans really get too carried away by pre-season friendlies, both with results and performances. They are meant to get that bit closer to match fitness and try different systems and permutations.

Why not wait and see how the first half dozen 'proper' games go before judging - such a large number of new players need time to become integrated into the Club.