My Teams

CBRammette

Strange bit i know but my mum was born and lived very near Bramell lane Sheffield but one night the Germans came along and blew up her house so she was evacuated to the outskirts of Derby as her mum had died and her Dad was in the RAF in Canada. During our recent lockdown we actually managed to find her mums grave in Sheffield (quite an achievement) and took her there and we also went to the spot where she lived and you can guess what’s built there - A Mc Donald’s drive through ?

13 hours ago, Rev said:

How is your girl now, if you don't mind me asking? 

I know she had a tricky start, but has everything settled down now? 

Apologies if I've mixed you up with another poster, in advance.

She’s absolutely fantastic thank you ? she’s the middle one though haha. She’s two next month and *touch wood* hasn’t had any issues for over 6 months. 

looking at her you wouldn’t have known anything was wrong. Thank you for asking ?.

841750F2-55E3-4612-BFE6-FAC18A56B778.jpeg

- Grandad’s Team: Derby (Great grandad Forest! moved to Derby for work)
- Dad’s Team: Derby
- Mum’s Team: Derby

- Everyone at your school's Team: Equal between Derby/Forest predominantly plus sizeable Man U, Liverpool contingent and a few randoms.

- Your local Team now: Derby

- Your kids Team(s): Derby

17 hours ago, CBRammette said:

I always like the threads where forum members tell us how they got to be Derby fans. Have enjoyed following the Sport Bible thread on Twitter this week so thought we could waste some time with it on here as we're waiting (again). Added a couple as have taken out Your team which is a bit obvious

What is your...

- Grandad’s Team
- Dad’s Team
- Mum’s Team

- Everyone at your school's Team

- Your local Team now

- Your kids Team(s)

Dads dad Birmingham

Dad Liverpool

Brother Man City

Son Liverpool

Grandchildren Mostly Man U

Local team Forest Green but cannot stick Dale Vince Follow Gloucester Rugby

Edited by Dethorn

When i was a kid the only team i supported was England cause i like David beckham , lampard, terry and co.

So i liked watching Man utd.

Fell out of love with watching football apart from international and playing it.

And then i started supporting Derby around the time we had Kris Commons and Robbie savage. So all iv known is the championship ?

I've always liked watching spurs aswell. When it was Rednapp managing Defoe , crouch , kranjar , bale , lennon , modric.

What is your...

- Grandad’s Team - both enjoyed football more as a neutral, though if pushed for an answer mum's side Derby, dad's side Sheppey United
- Dad’s Team - West Ham
- Mum’s Team - not fussed now, though used to go regularly during the Clough/Taylor years

- Everyone at your school's Team - Derby/Forest and the odd Notts County fan here and there

- Your local Team now - Derby

- Kids team - don't have any

Granddad's team, Derby on dads side, mum's side he preferred cricket but if pushed Wolves

Dad's team, Derby. 

Mum's team, Wolves because her dad did (my brother supports them too!) 

School, late 70s early 80s so Brighton or Pompey due to location and Liverpool due to glory hunting! 

Local team, Bognor Regis Fc. 

Kids club, I'm trying to push Derby, but she is more into dance and drama ??

17 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

What is your...

- Grandad’s Team - Derby
- Dad’s Team - Derby
- Mum’s Team - didnt have one 

- Everyone at your school's Team - Derby

- Your local Team now - Leyton Orient and West Ham

- my neighbour’s Team - Dover

- My nephews’ Team(s) - Hamburg, St Pauli and Werder Bremen

One of which I would have probably supported except I moved from Ilford when I was 2 - thankfully ?

17 hours ago, CBRammette said:

I always like the threads where forum members tell us how they got to be Derby fans. Have enjoyed following the Sport Bible thread on Twitter this week so thought we could waste some time with it on here as we're waiting (again). Added a couple as have taken out Your team which is a bit obvious

What is your...

- Grandad’s Team
- Dad’s Team
- Mum’s Team

- Everyone at your school's Team

- Your local Team now

- Your kids Team(s)

My family were never much into football, but if asked they would say

Grandad's team - Liverpool

Dad's team - Leeds

Mum's team - Forest

Everyone at school - Derby/Man Utd

Local team - Derby

Kids team - will be Derby

It's a miracle I made the choice I made!

Paternal Grandad - Derby, never went much apparently but my Dad and his Bro used to from a young age. My Gran was a massive Liverpool fan after moving to Derby from up there as a young adult for work.

Dad - Derby

Mum - never interested as her parents weren't either

Primary school (Draycott) - remember in mid 70's we had playground fights, Derby v everyone else (nothing changed there....), 50:50, but everyone else included Forest, Leeds, Liverpool, Manure etc etc

Local team -  in South Derbyshire now so Burton Albion

Kids team - eldest son ST holder, daughter was ST holder with me until she left for Uni, youngest not into any sport (doesn't deal well with crowds) but I drag him along a couple times a season 

Edited by Rich84
Clarify

- Grandad’s Team one was Derby, the other died long before I was born so I don't know
- Dad’s Team Derby
- Mum’s Team Derby

- Everyone at your school's Team Derby Chelsea MU MC Liverpool Everton WBA Spurs Wolves Leicester....... etc

- Your local Team now My team is still derby but my closest professional team is Ajax

- Your kids Team(s) both born 15 miles from the Johan Cruijff ArenA so, obviously, they support Derby.

Edited by MadAmster