Groundwork

HuddersRam

30 minutes ago, djb19538 said:

Pride was great and I Just ordered this - really looking forward to it. Arthur Cox era next? That was my favourite time as a Rams fan. Could be a good book. The few years before would be interesting also, though for different reasons!

I’m looking forward to,amortisation explained, the real story

On 08/08/2022 at 11:45, djb19538 said:

Pride was great and I Just ordered this - really looking forward to it. Arthur Cox era next? That was my favourite time as a Rams fan. Could be a good book. The few years before would be interesting also, though for different reasons!

Who knows what's next; we'll see how this one goes down first! On the subject of that - if you are reading/have read it, I hope you're enjoying! 

On 12/08/2022 at 17:15, IslandExile said:

@HuddersRam any news on an ebook version yet?

I'm holding off the Kindle version for now because I would rather you profit more than Amazon. However, I'm getting close to finishing my current read and I'm keen to get into this one....happy times.

Apologies for not responding sooner! Looking it seems that it only feeds through to a Kindle version at the moment, so I'm not sure if it's on other e-book platforms...hopefully so though!

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/08/2022 at 21:15, Wistaston Ram said:

Great to see the book in the club shop at last, bought a copy before the game yesterday and am now nearly half way through it. A lot of interesting stories from a great time in our recent history.

It took a while but we got there with it! If anybody is extremely bored this Sunday, the club have asked me to come in for a signing session thing at the store from 1-2 (nope, me neither). I don't mean to beg, but I have visions of the below, so if you do have zero plans, please come along. I'll pay. 

0_WVVN_vGjEP_5vHkI.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Great read and great insight into the behind the scenes activities going on under Jim Smith's reign and how Derby were at the forefront of new technology and coaching methods. Like Pride it's a book that I can relate to from the very first page having witnessed the playing side at least. Some great memories relived and some not so great brought back but within all that is the warmth and affection Jim was held in by all that contributed.

Just buy it.

• 3 months later...

Started reading this at 2pm today and got to page 79 by 4:30; it’s beautifully written & I thought I already knew a lot about Derby County history BUT …I have learned so much. If you haven’t yet got it I would seriously get it and read it. It’s brilliant. 

Btw …& no reflection on the book, who took the corner v Palace when we got promoted - the one which Robbie van der Laan headed in. Was it:

a. Paul Simpson

b. Sean Flynn

c. Ron Willems 

Halcyon days.

15 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Started reading this at 2pm today and got to page 79 by 4:30; it’s beautifully written & I thought I already knew a lot about Derby County history BUT …I have learned so much. If you haven’t yet got it I would seriously get it and read it. It’s brilliant. 

Btw …& no reflection on the book, who took the corner v Palace when we got promoted - the one which Robbie van der Laan headed in. Was it:

a. Paul Simpson

b. Sean Flynn

c. Ron Willems 

Halcyon days.

Answer's is Simmo

13 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

15 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

a. Paul Simpson

b. Sean Flynn

c. Ron Willems 

Halcyon days.

Answer, courtesy of the BBC……………..and Graham Richards!

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

a. Paul Simpson

b. Sean Flynn

c. Ron Willems 

Halcyon days.

Glad you're enjoying it, buddy. If anyone else got a copy for Christmas, hope it didn't get in the way of the day too much!