NFL 2022 Season

Ambitious

13 hours ago, Carnero said:

From being on the verge of signing Deshaun Watson to trading Ryan for a 3rd rounder and replacing him with Marcus Mariota ?

It’s a rough looking season upcoming, but I think Watson’s contract would’ve hamstrung the Falcons for a good while.

This season looks really bad with the schedule we have, so it’s a tank job this year and then we have a high pick for next year’s QB and over £100m in cap space!

Just now, maydrakin said:

This season looks really bad with the schedule we have, so it’s a tank job this year and then we have a high pick for next year’s QB and over £100m in cap space!

Looks like a plan.

Think we'll still be seriously considering Willis or Pickett in this year's draft though.

Can still take a QB again next year if necessary.

10 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Looks like a plan.

Think we'll still be seriously considering Willis or Pickett in this year's draft though.

Can still take a QB again next year if necessary.

I’d rather we stacked up the defensive line, either Walker, Johnson or Davis followed by more big guys (and a couple of WRs).

I’d even take Ojabo if he falls because of his injury.

I do wonder whether Ridder is the guy they’ll look to take in the second, or with a trade up, but would rather take fixtures for the massive holes we have!

1 hour ago, maydrakin said:

I’d rather we stacked up the defensive line, either Walker, Johnson or Davis followed by more big guys (and a couple of WRs).

I’d even take Ojabo if he falls because of his injury.

I do wonder whether Ridder is the guy they’ll look to take in the second, or with a trade up, but would rather take fixtures for the massive holes we have!

Agreed, if it's tank mode then better to build up the other parts of the roster and leave QB till last.

Mariota isn't the worst stopgap for a year or two, should fit Arthur Smith's system at least.

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

Agreed, if it's tank mode then better to build up the other parts of the roster and leave QB till last.

Mariota isn't the worst stopgap for a year or two, should fit Arthur Smith's system at least.

I try and tell people this all the time. What's the point in having a Lawrence or Fields on a rookie contract if the rest of the teams crap. By the time you get a good team you've got to pay those QB’s a fortune and start to lose other players.

Build everything else and you can probably have at least 2 goes at finding your rookie qb. The Lions are the only team who are approaching it that way it seems.

This is great and all. But he’s basically retiring. From superbowl contenders to 3/4 in the afc east. I hope I’m wrong but following the Dolphins since the late 80’s, I know how this turns out! Plus Tua don’t throw further than 10 yards! I suppose not having to pay income tax in Florida convinced him.

14 hours ago, Mr. P said:

This is great and all. But he’s basically retiring. From superbowl contenders to 3/4 in the afc east. I hope I’m wrong but following the Dolphins since the late 80’s, I know how this turns out! Plus Tua don’t throw further than 10 yards! I suppose not having to pay income tax in Florida convinced him.

He’s got his Superbowl ring so I can see the appeal of “retiring” in the Miami sun. Chiefs have probably peaked anyway, they’ll be like the Packers for the next 10 years. Paying the QB stupid money whilst the other top players leave.

Edited by jimbo jones

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 02/07/2022 at 12:27, Don't Panic said:

Now that all the stress is over with the club when we drafting so i can plan my holidays ?

Set the draft for this Sunday. 

12hr pick clock.

Pick clock paused between 5am and 2pm as @GeneralRam is in a different time zone. Can still pick but the clock is just paused.

1 hour ago, David said:

Set the draft for this Sunday. 

12hr pick clock.

Pick clock paused between 5am and 2pm as @GeneralRam is in a different time zone. Can still pick but the clock is just paused.

Is there a link to this David?

I'm newish to the forum but big NFL fan.. keen to get involved.