NFL 2022 Season

Ambitious

On 28/12/2022 at 10:36, maydrakin said:

A question for you all:  what made you choose the team you chose?

Doubt there’s any family loyalties, so what were your reasons?

I chose the Falcons, as it was a straightforward thing of thinking I should watch the NFL show on Channel 4, as all my mates were into it.  The first match I watched was the featured game of the Falcons vs the Buccaneers, so I chose the team that won as the team I would follow.  Wasn’t going to choose the popular Bears/Dolphins/Raiders options at the time…

I picked the rams because after 2-3 years of watching I wanted a team and said whoever had first pick I’d support. Enter the disappointing Sam Bradford and the rest is history. Just a happy coincidence it was the rams.

10 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I picked the rams because after 2-3 years of watching I wanted a team and said whoever had first pick I’d support. Enter the disappointing Sam Bradford and the rest is history. Just a happy coincidence it was the rams.

You will be lucky to see the Rams even have a first round pick again in your lifetime at this rate ?

On 16/01/2023 at 11:53, David said:

Cowboys should win that, “should”, kinda hope they do as well, Tom Brady has had his time.

Conor Mcgregor Mma GIF by UFC

Easy. 

In all seriousness we've got a hell of a challenge next Sunday but glad we get a chance to have a pop at them. If last nights Cowboys turn up we're in with a shot. We've not seen that team much in the second half of the season unfortunately. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Conor Mcgregor Mma GIF by UFC

Easy. 

In all seriousness we've got a hell of a challenge next Sunday but glad we get a chance to have a pop at them. If last nights Cowboys turn up we're in with a shot. We've not seen that team much in the second half of the season unfortunately. 

Yeah I watched the first quarter and a bit of the second, was only one winner.

I would only have the 49ers slight favourites, still have a decent chance there.

Eagles are taking the NFC SB slot for me though.

• 4 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

Well that was a good match!

Have to feel for Bradberry, as it was pretty minor in terms of holding - another fortuitous call for the Chiefs.

Neither Mahomes or Hurts deserved to lose though…

Was a bit frustrating that the first time they called it was the pivotal call, either let them play or call it every time. That said, there was a couple of dodgy decisions previous to that which would have iced the game for the Chiefs anyway.

Fair result. Eagles benefitted from a fumble and run in that was called incomplete, Chiefs from the holding call which was also tight. Fact is that much as it pains me to say it, the Chiefs strolled through the last two quarters. Fantastic game for the neutrals, one of the best championship games I've seen. Mahomes is just different gravy, though perhaps Bolton should have been made MVP. 

The game was building up to an amazing climax (says someone who couldn't give a stuff about American football) and then all the tension and drama was punctured by the officiating call. A shame. It could have been an amazing final couple of minutes.

But it did show why our football is the sport the world loves - because it's so hard to score a goal. An entire game might not have one. Who cares about a score when it's 38 - 35? It's just not the same.

One thing I would say, though. Full marks to whoever it was who denied himself the glory of a Superbowl touchdown at the death, deliberately stopping a couple of inches short, so the Chiefs could run the clock down and take the field goal with no time left. Such intelligent, professional play. I wish footballers were equally professional. There isn't an identical situation, but a similar one might be when someone shoots with a 50 or 60% chance of scoring, when they could simply pass it to the side to their teammate who has a 95% chance of scoring. And then the idiotic TV pundits say, "you can't blame him for having the shot himself".