NFL 2022 Season

Ambitious

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Anybody seen the Manti Te'o two-parter on Netflix yet?

Fascinating.

I was living over there when it broke, but could only remember the fake girlfriend bit.

The guy comes out of it as an outstanding human being.

The twist at the end of part one was jaw-dropping and nobody will see it coming.

Never heard of this, but will definitely give it a watch tonight!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Well tonight is when my sleep schedule goes to pot until February, Mrs has been kicked out into the spare room me and the dog hopefully watch the Bills ruin the Rams.

Do enjoy watching the Bills, have to say, I need some secondary enjoyment this year as Trubisky is named QB1 for the Steelers ?

11 hours ago, David said:

Well tonight is when my sleep schedule goes to pot until February, Mrs has been kicked out into the spare room me and the dog hopefully watch the Bills ruin the Rams.

Do enjoy watching the Bills, have to say, I need some secondary enjoyment this year as Trubisky is named QB1 for the Steelers ?

I fell asleep after the first touchdown. Bills are definitely my favourite team to watch right now and if they’ve found a running game they have everything. There gonna take some beating.

12 minutes ago, Srg said:

Something not quite white about the praise Allen's running into tackles gets compared to Lamar's elusive running.

Come on, nothing to do with colour, most teams are full of BAME players so no need to take it down the racism path.

Lamar runs more than Allen even though he has had better RB’s at his disposal. The more you run, the more chances of getting banged up are. 

Allen rushed 122 times for 763 yards

Jackson rushed 134 times for 767 yards playing 4 games less than Allen.

You also have to consider Allen is a bigger guy than Lamar, plus the obvious bias as Lamar is your guy.

31 minutes ago, David said:

Come on, nothing to do with colour, most teams are full of BAME players so no need to take it down the racism path.

Lamar runs more than Allen even though he has had better RB’s at his disposal. The more you run, the more chances of getting banged up are. 

Allen rushed 122 times for 763 yards

Jackson rushed 134 times for 767 yards playing 4 games less than Allen.

You also have to consider Allen is a bigger guy than Lamar, plus the obvious bias as Lamar is your guy.

There’s institutional racism at QB, that’s just a fact. White ones are seen as smarter, more traditional QBs. Black ones are just athletes. Listen to every narrative and it’s still there like it has been since the NFL started, if you can’t hear it still then I don’t know what to tell you. It’s there every single time. Until you get a black Tom Brady, it’ll probably never leave - that said, they’d probably get knocked for being unathletic.

Your stats are meaningless when you missed the prime word I used, which is elusive. Allen drops a shoulder and creates contact, Lamar doesn’t. Both arguments, for what it’s worth, are useless because stats show you’re just as likely, if not more so, to get injured as a pocket passer than a running QB. Which is how Lamar got hurt last year. 

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

There’s institutional racism at QB, that’s just a fact.

Also a fact Lamar Jackson was MVP in 2019, Cam Newton 2015 so I’m not sure I can see them being discriminated out here, you’re linking assessments of playing style to skin colour and the stats don’t really back you up here.

The stats I posted are not meaningless either, the more miles you spend in the car, the higher the chance of being in a crash, that’s just how it is.

Until Lamar starts throwing the ball more accurately and start seeing production from your receivers, he will be looked on more as an athlete, not because of the colour of his skin, but the way he plays the game.

Take last season, ignoring the game he went off injured and threw for 17 yards, Lamar threw for a total of 2865 yards, to even it up I’ve ignored the last 5 games that Allen played and he threw for 3216 yards. 

The difference there is 351 yards, when you think that Lamar has only ever thrown more than 351 yards in one game in his career, Allen 3 times alone last season, there is a clear difference here in what you’re getting.

Josh Allen has also not missed a game since 2018 so it’s not like he’s getting himself banged up is it?

I don’t think even being labelled an athlete is a bad thing, I would give Trubisky’s right leg to have Lamar at the Steelers, he is easily inside the top 5 QB’s in the league, outside of the Chiefs and Bills I do not see any fanbase doing anything other than wildly celebrating if he couldn’t agree a deal with the Ravens this year and becomes available.  

However give me the choice between Allen and Lamar, I’m taking Allen as I’m getting a better all round QB in my opinion, again should be needless to say, but that opinion is regardless of skin colour.

Again though, you're throwing a lot of s*** at a wall which I haven't built.

Allen drops his shoulder and runs into several defenders... Analysts:

Episode 1 Slow Clap GIF by One Chicago

Lamar evades a defender and steps out of bounds... Analysts:

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

That's it, that's the end of the comparison.

Is Josh Allen great? Right now, yes. Would I rather have him than Lamar? Potentially, because he is that good, let's see how Lamar is this year.

As for the racism, just google it. There's endless articles and analysis on it. Because it does exist, and has done for every single Black QB where the bar for athleticism and intelligence is far higher.

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Again though, you're throwing a lot of s*** at a wall which I haven't built.

Allen drops his shoulder and runs into several defenders... Analysts:

Episode 1 Slow Clap GIF by One Chicago

Lamar evades a defender and steps out of bounds... Analysts:

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

That's it, that's the end of the comparison.

Is Josh Allen great? Right now, yes. Would I rather have him than Lamar? Potentially, because he is that good, let's see how Lamar is this year.

As for the racism, just google it. There's endless articles and analysis on it. Because it does exist, and has done for every single Black QB where the bar for athleticism and intelligence is far higher.

Think you’re reading waaaaay too much into it and throwing the racism card out there to defend your boy, not saying racism doesn’t exist, yet it’s a card that gets used to easily now.

If those gifs were remotely true, he would not have won MVP just a few years ago as it’s voted by the analysts you’re not accusing of being racist. 

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Speaking of Lamar, the deadline for his extension has passed. What's the feeling in Baltimore where this goes next @Srg

If they want to swap for one of those nice white QB’s I know just the guy ?

He will stay is still the feeling. Harbaugh has said that again today.