Bike Lanes

1of4

As more bike lanes appear on our roads, there's something that puzzles me about them. A bike lane can change from one side to the other multiple times down a stretch of road. Some only going a dozen yards before ending and returning to the opposite side.

Are cyclists suppose to swap from one to the other, which would mean that at various stages of their journey they would be travelling against the flow of traffic. Also these lanes are quite narrow, what happens when they meet a cyclist travelling in the opposite direction, who has right of way? 

Tried looking at the highway code on line for any information, all I could find referenced  how the lanes were marked and how motorists should treat them.

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

As more bike lanes appear on our roads, there's something that puzzles me about them. A bike lane can change from one side to the other multiple times down a stretch of road. Some only going a dozen yards before ending and returning to the opposite side.

Are cyclists suppose to swap from one to the other, which would mean that at various stages of their journey they would be travelling against the flow of traffic. Also these lanes are quite narrow, what happens when they meet a cyclist travelling in the opposite direction, who has right of way? 

Tried looking at the highway code on line for any information, all I could find referenced  how the lanes were marked and how motorists should treat them.

Yeah you’re right buddy. Crazy.

Down our way there have been lots of sightings of animals riding bicycles. My Mrs had enough earlier, and had to forcibly restrain a bear who was not following the Highway Code, and bear left signs. You really couldn’t make it up.

F73AB2E7-34BF-41E8-B0E1-73CA0C2CBA05.gif

9B9A82B0-6B7B-45E3-B738-6CD3A03FA148.gif

Edited by i-Ram

10 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Yeah you’re right buddy. Crazy.

Down our way there have been lots of sightings of animals riding bicycles. My Mrs had enough earlier, and had to forcibly restrain a bear who was not following the Highway Code, and bear left signs. You really couldn’t make it up.

F73AB2E7-34BF-41E8-B0E1-73CA0C2CBA05.gif

9B9A82B0-6B7B-45E3-B738-6CD3A03FA148.gif

Near me we have real trouble with hamsters using very small drones to get around. They buzz about, the pilot often aggressive and inconsiderate.

All to get to Holland Barratt for the 2 for 1 on sunflower seeds.

I ask you.

hamster GIF

4 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Near me we have real trouble with hamsters using very small drones to get around. They buzz about, the pilot often aggressive and inconsiderate.

All to get to Holland Barratt for the 2 for 1 on sunflower seeds.

I ask you.

hamster GIF

Holland Barratt are doing a 2 for 1 deal on sunflower seeds?  I have just sent my cat out on a skateboard to get me some. I lectured Mr Tibbles to stay on the pavements though. I dont know about you but I find them cycle lanes are awafully dangerous, what with having to cross back and forth every 50 to 100 yards. Madness. No wonder you see so many dead cats in the hedgerows nowadays.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Mr Tibbles is back. Without the bloody sunflower seeds - they had sold out! - but he did bring the carrier bag back. He seems much more lethargic though. I would have got him to have picked up some Sacatogen if I had realised.

65wqj3ydm0d61.png

A Tescos lorry carrying carrot sticks has tipped on the A47 ... the sky is black with hamster drones ...

world cup football GIF by Budweiser

• 2 weeks later...