Advice Needed

swansea ram

I'm coming up on saturday with the mrs, and will be staying in the Portland House Hotel, is this any good, as i've never stayed here before,

And what are the pubs like near there, The Wolf Pack, and the Navigation Inn in the evening for strangers, as the hotel got a show on.

Thanks in advance.

P.S, If this is in the wrong section, i apologize.

Edited by swansea ram
Added a bit more.

13 minutes ago, swansea ram said:

I'm coming up on saturday with the mrs, and will be staying in the Portland House Hotel, is this any good, as i've never stayed here before,

And what are the pubs like near there, The Wolf Pack, and the Navigation Inn in the evening for strangers, as the hotel got a show on.

Thanks in advance.

I think the hotel is part of the conference centre and is ok for somewhere to sleep but nothing more, unless it's improved over the last 4 years.

I drove past the Navigation a week ago and it was closed,  not sure if it was temporary or not.

Not sure about the Wolf pack, I thought it was a barbers! 

You're probably better off taking the 10 minute walk to the Merlin. 

11 minutes ago, swansea ram said:

Thanks in advance.

It's been converted into a conference centre /Hotel, Never stayed in there as I live in Derby, It's at the bottom of Ascot Drive and London Road, Which is a large industrial estate, The hotel is at the end of this so don't worry, The Navigation i'd steer clear of, Not one to take your wife into imo, Got a bit of a Reputation, But I guess it depends where in Swansea you live.

The Nearest pub would be the Merlin which a 10 minute walk from your hotel and is 5/6 minute walk to Pride Park and full of Derby Fans before and after the game, A good boozer that does decent food.

Or Our City which is chocker full of boozers where you'll be spoilt for choice, 10minute taxi drive from city centre to your hotel.

Enjoy your day, From an old war horse ?

1 hour ago, swansea ram said:

Thanks in advance.

Hope you have a good old night with the Mrs in the Portland. Be careful you don’t put it in the wrong section. I don’t think adding an apology as an afterthought will help either.

Walk to the Merlin which is ok for your standard pub grub or carry on to Nicco if you like something with more spice. And if you're up for a bit more walking after you've eaten, head towards the Alex or the Brunswick. Before getting a taxi from the station, for a two minute journey back to the hotel.

Stuff the Navigation. Get the bus into town. Straight down London Rd. There’ll be one about every 5 minutes and it’ll take less than 10 minutes to get to the City Centre. Drop in The Neptune for one and check out the mural. Then head up to the cathedral quarter for a few in the many decent pubs in that area. 

Edited by 24Charlie

16 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Walk along London Rd or get a taxi - head to alexandra, brunswick and bustler. Only 5 mins from where you are staying by taxi

I would agree, A good choice of Indian Restaurants for post beer. Anoki and Viceroy both good and do early bird deals.

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, swansea ram said:

Well\ i got there too early to book into the hotel yesterday\ so went into the Navigation\  didn't realize it was an away pub.    I did wonder why i was the only one in a white shirt.

Internet blackout was there?