Radio Derby

Kinder

Not sure if this needs its own topic so please feel free to merge.  I just wanted to show some appreciation for the job Radio Derby have done over the past weeks and months.  I don’t live in the area so listen to the Rams Daily podcasts and these have been absolutely invaluable.  They’ve given great summaries of the day’s events with interviews with key people.

I know Ed Dawes isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I really like him and he’s a true fan.  And I think Chris Coles is a very fine journalist and destined for bigger things.  I’ve relied on Radio Derby for years, just about picking it up on MW to listen to the one and only Graham Richards’ commentaries, and I think the current coverage is very good indeed.

Anyway, I’ve woken up in a brilliant mood today and I feel truly optimistic for the first time I can remember.  I hope everyone going to Middlesbrough has a great day, behaves and bring home 3 points.

10 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Chris Coles interview with the admins yesterday was superb. Asked the difficult questions really well. You could tell the admin guy was not liking the line of questioning. Great job CC ❤️

I’ve never heard anyone moan about Coles. That tells you all you need to know about how good he is.

That bloody Chris Cole’s, never asks the right questions and his monotone voice it wears me out !!! ?

Edited by TexasRam

12 hours ago, Kinder said:

Not sure if this needs its own topic so please feel free to merge.  I just wanted to show some appreciation for the job Radio Derby have done over the past weeks and months.  I don’t live in the area so listen to the Rams Daily podcasts and these have been absolutely invaluable.  They’ve given great summaries of the day’s events with interviews with key people.

I know Ed Dawes isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I really like him and he’s a true fan.  And I think Chris Coles is a very fine journalist and destined for bigger things.  I’ve relied on Radio Derby for years, just about picking it up on MW to listen to the one and only Graham Richards’ commentaries, and I think the current coverage is very good indeed.

Anyway, I’ve woken up in a brilliant mood today and I feel truly optimistic for the first time I can remember.  I hope everyone going to Middlesbrough has a great day, behaves and bring home 3 points.

For a local BBC radio station they do a good job, and to be fair, always have. We've had a few of the radio derby presenters go on to bigger things.

Coles is probably the next to get get poached.