Chances of staying up....

IslandExile

I think we're now going to be hit by the size and composition of the squad.

Stearman's red card means a 3 match ban. I don't think Forsyth's up to it anymore. Cashin is untested so we don't know how he'll get on.

Injuries are now hitting us - CKR, Bird, Jozwiak.

Youngsters are frequently inconsistent - too much is being asked of them.

Thompson and Bird have looked tired for a while now. Knight runs and runs but it must be taking its toll.

I think Rooney, the players and staff have been brilliant. I just feel the EFL have done us over in more ways than just the points deduction. The embargoes, the indecisiveness over the parasite claims, it all means the squad has been reduced to paper thin.

I want to believe we will stay up. I just think it's going to be just that bit too difficult - but, even so, the staff, Rooney, Rosenior and the players have more than done us proud.

Just now, Diego said:

No reason why Cashin can’t slot in. Could be the making of him. 

Before he then gets sold to Burnley for a grand and Quantuma send a fax to Coleen’s hairdresser to inform Wazza. 

We are still only 7 points from safety, we've just got to keep battling through and picking up points. The last few games have been fine margins. The teams down there are poor, we can get in front of Barnsley and Peterborough. Reading are the target, if they continue their poor run there is no reason why we cannot catch them even with a depleted squad. It's very much possible. 

12 minutes ago, Derby_Dave said:

You can’t win every game no matter how good you are.  Keep the faith we are still in the race.  

Understood. My comment wasn't a knee jerk reaction to tonight's defeat - just IMHO a realistic assessment of how difficult it will be given the depth of our squad.

CKR and Joz are loss for sure but neither have been playing regularly or late. Bird is probably a bigger miss. 

Anyway we have to win 3 more games than reading from now until the end of the season.

It's possible but it is likely to go down to the wire. Even then if results go our way on the weekend it could be down to 4 points then things really get interesting. 

5 hours ago, kingsy1884 said:

CKR and Joz are loss for sure but neither have been playing regularly or late. Bird is probably a bigger miss. 

Anyway we have to win 3 more games than reading from now until the end of the season.

It's possible but it is likely to go down to the wire. Even then if results go our way on the weekend it could be down to 4 points then things really get interesting. 

I agree with losses of Joz and Bird. Bird is hard to replace, we don't have anyone even close to similar atrbutes. But the loss of CKR might be bigger than you think, I'm afraid. He is the one who has scored the goals bringing us most of the points lately.