Fund raising to secure a fans voice going forward.

DCFC27

Could we approach the club to get some Derby legends/past players/celebrities to put on a bit of an event at PP stadium? 
charge everyone £30/40 entry and pass buckets around the ground to raise some money? 

Get the like of Niall Horgan to play a song or two. Couple of tails from players that played under Brian Clough. Even recent players with a bit or personality in front of a crowd like of Savage, Bent, hey even Frank Lampard and Wazza! 

30,000 at £40 1.2 million - plus donations, may also attract some national media to increase donations.

When all is said and done the admin just have to put a proviso in that we as fans get a seat at the table with the next owners? Not to necessarily make decisions, just have transparency over the running of the club. 

Not many institutions have this unique ability raise money in this way at short notice. 

Someone has raised this a week or so back, I think it’s worth raising again.

If we have fellow Rams Supporters with significant followers Twitter etc etc. Could the celebrities begin a go-fund me page and request donations of £1 per person, I am lead to believe that Niall Horan has 40m followers on Twitter then you’ve Jack O’Connell, Graham Coxon (Blur) I’m sure there are more.

If between them they have 50m followers an average of £1 donation solves a massive problem.

Just a thought

Edited by Ted McMinn Football Genius

2 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Could we approach the club to get some Derby legends/past players/celebrities to put on a bit of an event at PP stadium? 
charge everyone £30/40 entry and pass buckets around the ground to raise some money? 

Get the like of Niall Horgan to play a song or two. Couple of tails from players that played under Brian Clough. Even recent players with a bit or personality in front of a crowd like of Savage, Bent, hey even Frank Lampard and Wazza! 

30,000 at £40 1.2 million - plus donations, may also attract some national media to increase donations.

When all is said and done the admin just have to put a proviso in that we as fans get a seat at the table with the next owners? Not to necessarily make decisions, just have transparency over the running of the club. 

Not many institutions have this unique ability raise money in this way at short notice. 

A fine idea although I’m not sure about the fans seat at the table proviso. I would like to see it, although who we’d send might be a challenge, but I don’t think we can be putting any more potential obstacles in the way of a successful takeover.

2 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Someone has raised this a week or so back, I think it’s worth raising again.

If we have fellow Rams Supporters with significant followers Twitter etc etc. Could the celebrities begin a go-fund me page and request donations of £1 per person, I am lead to believe that Niall Horan has 40m followers on Twitter then you’ve Jack O’Connell, Graham Coxon (Blur) I’m sure there are more.

If between them they have 50m followers an average of £1 donation solves a massive problem.

Just a thought

It's a good thought. We just need "one" of our celebrity fans to do the right thing and #save Derby county.

Here is a massive "one" chance for them to use their fame and fortune to help #save Derby county.

It really could be done, quickly and effectively, if that "one" celebrity stands up and enables their followers plus the potential to gain thousands more followers and to be associated with Derby County's History as playing their part in the saving of Derby County Football Club.

It's too late for them all, to leave it to other people to try and sort out, if they are the supporters of Derby County that we are all to believe, then surely "one" of these famous fans will "do the right thing" and help the football club they love.

People make people famous  by investing in them, time for "one" of our famous fans to invest in the people of Derby County.

4 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

The administrators are doing this in "The Derby Way".

Plenty of ideas to help fund Derby County and the administrators have difficulties in accepting the money!

You really couldn't make this up, anyone tried contacting the gypsies?

They have to follow the regulations/the law.

I've mentioned this before but something that could easily be fixed up in a day with a bit of software amendment and heavily advertised on Social media.

The club could make one seat at every home game a 'Donate' seat, you click the seat (Software sets this to multiple how many highs) and we can purchase as many of these 'virtual' seats as possible, say set it as £5 a seat and I want to donate £20 I pay for 4 seats.

The club gets 100% income and solves the 'paying back' issue.

Surely someone with contacts with Owen Bradley or someone could set this up pretty sharpish????

The attendance announcement on match day could include how many of the virtual seats are in attendance to interact with the fans.

Edited by deano180
Needed to add another line

6 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

I like the idea and think surely it is worth trying.

24 minutes ago, Malty said:

One other option, that I mentioned on another thread is to get DCFC fans to pool money together to buy tickets with a view to giving them to the community. For example local schools. That way we contribute to the team and to the local community and get kids interested in supporting the rams.

Just now, Malty said:

Is this a way of donating angie? 

I wonder how they select people for a fee ticket? Is it arbitrary or based on something else?

They have been donating tickets for every game since we went into administration. Originally said if you couldn't afford to buy one otherwise. Punjabi Rams are brilliant.

Just been talking to a guy on twitter who knows some people with mental health problems who are going to apply.

I know some games they have struggled to give away the tickets.

23 minutes ago, Malty said:

Is this a way of donating angie? 

I wonder how they select people for a free ticket? Is it arbitrary or based on something else?

I was wondering how this works. Does the Punjabi Rams fund raise to the buy tickets for people who can't?  If so that's a great idea 

39 minutes ago, angieram said:

They have been donating tickets for every game since we went into administration. Originally said if you couldn't afford to buy one otherwise. Punjabi Rams are brilliant.

Just been talking to a guy on twitter who knows some people with mental health problems who are going to apply.

I know some games they have struggled to give away the tickets.

Comes back to how do you donate?

Plus is there a way of extending the scheme .. finding local people, kids etc who would like free tickets. I’d like to know more if you can give details. 

I wonder if any forum members know any school teachers or head teachers that might want to give out tickets to their children plus staff?

Edited by Malty

6 minutes ago, Malty said:

Comes back to how do you donate?

Plus is there a way of extending the scheme .. finding local people, kids etc who would like free tickets. I’d like to know more if you can give details. 

I wonder if any forum members know any school teachers or head teachers that might want to give out tickets to their children plus staff?

They do most of their fundraising on Twitter, auctioning shirts etc. 

Forms on website for interested parties to fill in.

https://www.punjabirams.co.uk/