The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

I’m surprised you’re surprised .

I’m not surprised by anything him or Birch say. 
Boro and Wycombe don’t surprise me either.  
The EFL are not my favourite people and never have been 

It’s like negotiating with both hands tied behind your back discussing with them 

My wife and I sometimes play that game. It can be quite exciting. She thinks she wins, but really I am the true winner.

Arrested Development Flirt GIF

1 hour ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Could the Binnie bid be the lowest possible bid to get us out of administration and they plan to try to sort out the legal stuff then try to resell at a higher price but no strings attached?

Certainly possible. Bit of a risk, but certainly possible.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Certainly possible. Bit of a risk, but certainly possible.

It's suspect it's far too big of a risk.  We're most likely going to be in League 1 next season, so they would be gambling on somebody paying significantly more than £28m for a League 1 team, with potentially another £20m needed somewhere to get the stadium back.  There's no world I can see where that makes financial sense.  IIRC Mel Morris paid ~£50m for us when we were a stable Championship team in contention for promotion.

If you buy Derby now, the only way you're getting a return on your investment is getting us at least back to where we were pre-Morris, and probably it will take getting us into the Prem.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

None of that is right though - if I was one of the creditors I would consider legal action on agreeing to pay someone who doesn’t have an exact fixed charge against the club 

Agreed,how can the administrators give the go ahead for that when it seems to ignore the creditors, the very reason they are at the club in the 1st place.

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

I'm probably way off the mark, but surely if an agreement is reached with all creditors (Boro and WW are not at this moment creditors) then they will receive the sum agreed? There won't be an agreement which says "we'll accept £X,but don't pay us until Boro and WW have put in an official complaint, the EFL have appointed an independent tribunal, the tribunal have decided if there is a case to answer and how much the compensation should be. If you have to pay then we'll reduce our asking price accordingly!". Won't the amount we have to pay be the amount agreed? If Boro and WW do receive compensation it will be a sum apart, which is the whole sticking point for potential buyers isn't it?

I thought that was where we'd reached last week when we were about to announce the pb and the EFL said, "no, you can't just ignore mfc and wwfc you have to know which creditor pot they're in". 

And we've been going round ever since. 

Not sure how the binnie offer overcomes that tbh so might just get the same EFL reaction. 

5 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

It's suspect it's far too big of a risk.  We're most likely going to be in League 1 next season, so they would be gambling on somebody paying significantly more than £28m for a League 1 team, with potentially another £20m needed somewhere to get the stadium back.  There's no world I can see where that makes financial sense.  IIRC Mel Morris paid ~£50m for us when we were a stable Championship team in contention for promotion.

If you buy Derby now, the only way you're getting a return on your investment is getting us at least back to where we were pre-Morris, and probably it will take getting us into the Prem.

Not disagreeing, I was just saying to Gritstone that it was possible. I have no idea what the Binnie’s motivations are. I don’t think they have ever been football fans let alone football investors have they? All I know about them is that they have had some success over the pond with equity investment projects. 

2 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Grow your interest pretty quickly then Ashley/Appleby... If I were the admins, I'd be putting a deadline for any 'better' bids to be placed and, if none materialise, make the Binnies the preferred bidders.

The administrators can only make the Binnies (or anyone else) preferred bidders if it gets agreement from the creditors.

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I thought that was where we'd reached last week when we were about to announce the pb and the EFL said, "no, you can't just ignore mfc and wwfc you have to know which creditor pot they're in". 

And we've been going round ever since. 

Not sure how the binnie offer overcomes that tbh so might just get the same EFL reaction. 

I think I read that they were prepared to address it once they had become owners, ie pay up any amount decided upon by an independent tribunal 

6 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I think I read that they were prepared to address it once they had become owners, ie pay up any amount decided upon by an independent tribunal 

Well, if there's a formal legal undertaking to do that it might fly. 

Suspect the EFL won't let anything that falls short through and then it will be what protection they insist upon to protect the claimants in the extremely unlikely event that their claims are found to have merit. 

Let's be honest, Kirchner walked away because of 1 person, according to him. Gibson made reference to everyone taking a hair cut, except for 1 person.  And now Nixon is suggesting Ashley is interested but 1 person needs to lower their demands for this to happen. 1 person got us into this mess and 1 person is now standing in the way and his mates at Q at blaming everyone else for the day except him..who is this person I hear you ask...

Confused Eminem GIF

9 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Well, if there's a formal legal undertaking to do that it might fly. 

Suspect the EFL won't let anything that falls short through and then it will be what protection they insist upon to protect the claimants in the extremely unlikely event that their claims are found to have merit. 

Yes, I would think that the EFL want some kind of assurance that the results of their kangaroo court hearing will be adhered to.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Let's be honest, Kirchner walked away because of 1 person, according to him. Gibson made reference to everyone taking a hair cut, except for 1 person.  And now Nixon is suggesting Ashley is interested but 1 person needs to lower their demands for this to happen. 1 person got us into this mess and 1 person is now standing in the way and his mates at Q at blaming everyone else for the day except him..who is this person I hear you ask...

Confused Eminem GIF

Errrr…….the Gibbon ?