The Administration Thread

Boycie

57 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

I don't think that is what is going to happen.  His reluctance to own the club, if this is correct, actually is a good thing in a way: he isn't going to go hell for leather - but will be sensible, as this is about his love for the club not wanting to show how amazing and rich he is..

Agree totally. If he completes (I cant count chickens been hurt too often) then I can't see him being in charge in 18 months time, or maybe 2 years once all efl related restrictions are gone and the new owner has a free hand. There are interested parties, but the current mess is too much for it to be a smooth process. Clowes I hope will bring an end to that, and some of these parties (AA maybe MA) may still want the club, for a fair price, with the ground, and not in distress.

If its completed, if we can get 6 more players (so we have 11) then that first match will be sweet. A sense of relief and a hope of a new dawn, Ive not felt since Tin Mans testimonial after the LoG took over from the amigos.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The average L1 club has revenue of £6m. Given SCMP rules, that means the average L1 club has a player wage bill of less than £4m.

Derby will have an estimated revenue of £15-18m next season. Even if the EFL imposed an astoundingly tough punishment of 25% of revenue of wages (a third of what a normal club relegated from the Championship can spend) then we'd still be on par with the average L1 club.

Rules have to be the same for everyone. Wigan certainly didn't have anything close to a 25% limit when relegated whilst in administration. That would be a wage bill of about £1.75m. They were also allowed to spend significant sums on players the transfer window immediately following them exiting administration. It would be equivalent to us spending £2m on one player, then still spending more on other players.

You talk far too much sense GoC and as ever have hard facts and figures to back it up. The risk for EFL is pushing too hard to prevent Derby from having a competitive squad, it doesn't seem fair or even necessarily legal.

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I hope that David Clowes retains ownership of the stadium and also has at least a share in the ownership of the football club and holds a directorship in the club. If that is to be the case the ground would be rent free. He is a lifelong supporter and I am very confident that his ownership of the stadium will be conducted alongside the best interests of the football club. The problems caused by the separation of the stadium from the club has caused us all some anxiety during the administration process and I never want to go through those worries again.

Don't know anything about tax and mergers but unless merging the company owning the club and the company owning the stadium get round stamp duty it will not be cost effective any other way. Would mean giving the government money that could otherwise be used on the club

15 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Rosenior announced as interim manager. 

Doesn’t actually say or mean much though does it? In some ways it’s stating the obvious. Someone needs to take charge on Monday. Unless he’d resigned alongside Rooney, who else could it be other than Liam?

A new permanent manager can’t be appointed until we have a new owner.

(not meaning to shoot the messenger Ramos).