The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

He was a good expert for england when he had the choice of the best players in the country, would love to know if you called him the wally with the brolly at the time.

Nope. 

So many managers get to be England manager it hardly means a thing nowadays... ?

25 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I don't want to get into a long-running "I'm right, you're wrong" agument (even though that appears to be your modus operandi) so I'm not intending to carry this discussion on any further, but if (for example) it's Appleby that's chosen, we have no idea of who is backing him or where the money will be coming from - that could raise red-flags and delay the process - and I suspect that (knowing how the EFL work) past activities willbe fairly irrelevant when it comes to the EFL who will still insist they vet the proposed owner fully before allowing things to proceed....

Fair comment re Appleby . But I just think the fit and proper test comes later.. all we are doing is choosing a preferred bidder. Maybe Efl just giving a decision in principle now , to be confirmed later who knows? 

58 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Im probably in the minority here, but i wish macclaren would keep his nose out of our club and clear off.

I mean,you want the guy that played for us, was a coach and assistant manager in our last successful period,then left to win everything as fergies assistant before going it alone and ultimately getting the england job,who then came back and had a great crack at getting us up and nearly getting there...to clear off out of 'our' club. Pretty sure at this point it's more his club then ours!

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes so many unsuccessful managers of Derby, who'd want to remember back to one with a good record for the club and who played great football? ?

Dont know how old you are but i can remember a few. Hope you are not referring great football when he was a player?

1 minute ago, Kathcairns said:

Dont know how old you are but i can remember a few. Hope you are not referring great football when he was a player?

I can't remember pre-Cloughie. And if you don't give Mac his due for the football we all loved after Jnr then I don't think your memory is a s good as you believe. ? #COYR

5 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

I mean,you want the guy that played for us, was a coach and assistant manager in our last successful period,then left to win everything as fergies assistant before going it alone and ultimately getting the england job,who then came back and had a great crack at getting us up and nearly getting there...to clear off out of 'our' club. Pretty sure at this point it's more his club then ours!

Think he seems to think that, can't think why he preffered the newcastle job to us?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I can't remember pre-Cloughie. And if you don't give Mac his due for the football we all loved after Jnr then I don't think your memory is a s good as you believe. ? #COYR

You mean you haven’t read up on Managers pre Cloughie Macca ?

2 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

He wouldnt come out and say he was stopping when newcastle  came calling, or am l wrong.

He didn't leave us he was sacked. If you worked in a business like football managering (oops) then you wouldn't say things like 'No of course I wouldn't want a better job than the one I have now... Did I say 'have now', oh I meant 'had then', yes I'm interested'! ?

Edited by RoyMac5