When was the last time?

DCFC1388

That we won from a losing position?

Todays performance was brilliant but the biggest thing for me was that we won from a losing position.

Yes I know we initially took the lead but we still won from a losing position.

Im pretty sure we didnt do it last season so when was the last time we did win from a losing position? Last one I can think of is Leeds in the playoffs but surely we did under Cocu?

I think doing it today, vs a team near the top of the league, will do wonders for the players confidence going forward. For a long time when we have gone a goal down we always look out of the game & never look like we can overturn it and win.

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Todays performance was brilliant but the biggest thing for me was that we won from a losing position.

Im pretty sure we didnt do it last season so when was the last time we did win from a losing position? Last one I can think of is Leeds in the playoffs but surely we did under Cocu?

I think doing it today, vs a team near the top of the league, will do wonders for the players confidence going forward. For a long time when we have gone a goal down we always look out of the game & never look like we can overturn it and win.

Amazing stat.

2 hours ago, Owen87ITK said:

I think it was 71 games ago, the 3-2 victory at Millwall in the first game after LockDown I.

Haven’t done it at home since Frank was manager. 

Just checked after you mentioned not doing it at home since Lampard & that was vs Wigan in March 2019, the Bennett fluke/wondergoal.

31 months ago, unbelievable stat, shows hows big today was

2 hours ago, Owen87ITK said:

I think it was 71 games ago, the 3-2 victory at Millwall in the first game after LockDown I.

Haven’t done it at home since Frank was manager. 

A truly incredible stat. And to do it against a team who have only conceded a single goal away from home in the league all season. Even that was their first away game.

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Just got back from Kentucky Fry, I queued up then found i'd left my wallet in the car, Nipped back to get it and went to where I left my place in the queue, I was told to get to the back of the queue by the Manager as I was losing my position

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Its only big if we can follow it up by taking points off teams directly above us

I think its bigger than that to be honest, to finally win a game after being behind after this amount of time is huge for the players, fans & Rooney.

Imagine if we hadnt done it this season & we went into League 1 next year trying to bounce straight back up but having that bit of doubt if we go a goal down we cant overturn it.