Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I see Derbyshire have a 50 over game on Sunday v Shropshire at Shifnal. Just down the road from me. Are we likely to put out a decent side? I might watch a bit of it ?

I would imagine it would be a look at what the 50 over team will be. So, no Madsen, du Plooy, or Scrimshaw. Godleman and Wood will play I think.

3 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Godleman taking out his recent frustrations on Shropshire with a century in 46 balls. Scored 60 for the seconds the other day too, so hopefully a boost in confidence before the one day cup starts.

A century in 46 balls. Giving it some wallop in Saliop.

28 minutes ago, SKHunter said:

Really good day out.  Nice people, nice beer.  I think Shropshire seem to have a lot of connections with Worcestershire.  Not sure but I think Pennington was at Shropshire.  Like you say though, worth a look.  

Yeah he was.

42 minutes ago, SKHunter said:

Really good day out.  Nice people, nice beer.  I think Shropshire seem to have a lot of connections with Worcestershire.  Not sure but I think Pennington was at Shropshire.  Like you say though, worth a look.  

I had thought about going as it is only a couple of miles from me but the weather looked iffy and we went out instead, nice ground, my son has played on that pitch when he was at school.....

17 hours ago, Eddie said:

The most amazing statistic from the game is Hargrave of Shropshire carrying his bat for 69*, and in the process notching up a truly staggering 77.5% of his side's runs.

Took me a while to find it but I definitelty remember this, probably mid 1970's so 'modern era'.

Glenn Turner scored 141 not out, out of 169 (all out) for Worcestershire v Glamorgan. A modest 83.43%.

No-one else got into double figures, 3 ducks and 1 extra.

*Looked it up, 1977.

Edited by Phoenix

1 hour ago, Grumpy Git said:

When I played in a 'pub' team in the 1980's, I was often responsible for <1% of the total runs scored, beat that stat!

A long time since I’ve played any sort of competitive cricket, not as long as that though, early 2000’s. My medium pacers were slapped too all corners by Paul Borrington, who went on to play for Derbyshire, as his dad did before him. I gave up after that ?

The lad who organised our games once set us up against the Macclesfield ICI team at Alderley  Edge.

We thought we’d arrived at Lords such was their set-up.

20 overs a piece and we batted first. After 2 overs they used their batsmen to bowl and when we fielded they played their bowlers first. Still beat us without losing a wicket in about 8 overs.

One of our lads was as quick as Denis Lilley, only trouble is you’re only allowed 3 stumps and not 33.

???

Edited by Grumpy Git