Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

6 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

Agreed, there just doesn't seem any sign of progress. I'm eternally optimistic but struggle for anything positive to cling to.

In his own words, year 3 was when the team would be his and he should be judged.

We’ve gone backwards with lots of rumors of an unhappy camp. Feels like the writing is on the wall.

I’m not sure MA fully appreciated the difficulty of keeping your best players and being able to attract the best overseas to a club like us. If we still have Masood and Du Plooy on the books I think it looks very different. 

I don't think he is the coach to motivate a small club to punch above its weight and we've seen enough to know that now.

22 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Looking at the wicket, and the conditions, batting first seems like an act of deliberate harm. Anyone there to give a view of that?

Yep. Crazy decision to bat first. Heavy cloud and ball moving around a bit, but shocking batting.

Cloud is now thinning  just in time for Yorkshire to come out and score some runs.

As I type that, it's starting to drizzle again.

There's loads here, Derbyshire will lose out on a big payday if match is finished in two days.

4 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I forgot we were playing today and just checked the score. What an absolute s*** show. I take it the squad is suffering from the Ebola virus or something.

For the first time in over 50 years of supporting Derbyshire, I have just about had enough. My expectations are very low, they have to be, but there has to be the occasional bright spark to keep your enthusiasm and interest. I can’t see anything to give me even a smidgeon of hope. Replace Arthur with Madders and play the youngsters.

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

For the first time in over 50 years of supporting Derbyshire, I have just about had enough. My expectations are very low, they have to be, but there has to be the occasional bright spark to keep your enthusiasm and interest. I can’t see anything to give me even a smidgeon of hope. Replace Arthur with Madders and play the youngsters.

Same here.

I love going to Chesterfield, but we couldn't even be bothered today. I haven't even reserved our T20 tickets for next week. 

On 30/06/2024 at 12:55, jimbo jones said:

In his own words, year 3 was when the team would be his and he should be judged.

We’ve gone backwards with lots of rumors of an unhappy camp. Feels like the writing is on the wall.

I’m not sure MA fully appreciated the difficulty of keeping your best players and being able to attract the best overseas to a club like us. If we still have Masood and Du Plooy on the books I think it looks very different. 

I don't think he is the coach to motivate a small club to punch above its weight and we've seen enough to know that now.

Can't argue with any of this. I would add, it's a full time position Mickey, don't take the p.

5 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Yorkshire declare on 451-9 

4 wickets for Reece who’s bowled a lot the last couple of games and shown our bowling attack lacks a frontline swing bowler.

I just hope we show some fight in this second innings….

Wagstaff edges behind first ball 😬