Is the optimism Wayneing yet

Curtains

7 hours ago, Curtains said:

Curtis Davies is also all for himself at expense of others IMO 

You're entitled to your opinion on Curtis as a CB. Although personally I think you're way too harsh on a man who has played well overall this season...remember him away at West Brom? His distribution has also improved, testament to hard work off the field & willingness to improve even at his age.

But what I'm struggling with are your snipes at his character in this thread, one such example quoted above. This is a man who waived his insurance to play for us in that last game decider v Sheffield Wednesday that kept us up. This is a man who when our backs are against the wall, is the first guy to get his head on the ball, time & time again.

Curtis Davies is a top man, a credit to this club & deserves a damn sight better than your disrespect, just because he's had a rough game.

7 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

You're entitled to your opinion on Curtis as a CB. Although personally I think you're way too harsh on a man who has played well overall this season...remember him away at West Brom? His distribution has also improved, testament to hard work off the field & willingness to improve even at his age.

But what I'm struggling with are your snipes at his character in this thread, one such example quoted above. This is a man who waived his insurance to play for us in that last game decider v Sheffield Wednesday that kept us up. This is a man who when our backs are against the wall, is the first guy to get his head on the ball, time & time again.

Curtis Davies is a top man, a credit to this club & deserves a damn sight better than your disrespect, just because he's had a rough game.

He didn’t keep us up alone did he .

Blimey talk about lauding someone out  of all perspective 

9 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Totally agree. I am sure players read this board and he ought to know the respect fans have for him as articulated as you have. He has done superbly overall. At times we are just going to have to accept he (and others) is going to be shown up for what he is...a 36 year old playing beyond arguably his time. Poor taste to really criticise someone like CD IMO. Seen nothing other than total professionalism from Curtis and that is all we can ask of him.

Just now, Curtains said:

He didn’t keep us up alone did he .

Blimey talk about lauding someone out  of all perspective 

He was the only one on the pitch at risk of sustaining an injury he'd have to treat himself out of his own pocket. I'd also recommend you watch those last 10 mins again.

But nice to read that you're ever so grateful.

2 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

He was the only one on the pitch at risk of sustaining an injury he'd have to treat himself out of his own pocket. I'd also recommend you watch those last 10 mins again.

But nice to read that you're ever so grateful.

Why should I be grateful to Curtis he has had a good career before he joined Derby and he has a good Television career ahead of him .

Sorry if you feel offended by my comments but I’m offended by criticism of other players like Tom Lawrence.

Its a team game not an individual appreciation society.

I started this thread talking about optimism and that is the last thing I am about Derby ATM .

Maybe we will stay up and Curtis will be the hero who knows  .

He has had some good games for Derby but is he immune from criticism.

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Why should I be grateful to Curtis he has had a good career before he joined Derby and he has a good Television career ahead of him .

Because unlike lots of players (according to many fans) he cares about the club, he cares about how he plays for the club and he wants the club to do well.

You are at risk of becoming the epitome of every awful 'keyboard warrior' on the socials.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because unlike lots of players (according to many fans) he cares about the club, he cares about how he plays for the club and he wants the club to do well.

You are at risk of becoming the epitome of every awful 'keyboard warrior' on the socials.

So he’s the only one of the players who cares at Derby .

You just made my point for me 

Curtains, this is not like you. Davies had a poor game by his standards last night, but overall this season I think he has been right up there as one of our best players.

It's okay for you to call him out for it, but not to suggest he doesn't care or work hard enough for the team, because it isn't actually true, is it? 

There's another thread complaining about players not clapping the fans, but he did, as he always does, even though he might have been one of the players who might have got booed for it. 

You sound worried about our form at the minute. I am too. Don't let it get you down.

10 hours ago, Curtains said:

Should of never gave Curtis a contract Wayne 

Risible. As stated by others, defense is hardly the issue with our team. Curtis has been good this season, a great character to have around, a good leader on the pitch and a good defender. He is the perfect professional and genuinely cares about the club. He is **exactly** the player we need in the scenario. 

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

He comes across as the only one who cares .

I like to think all the players care as much as he does. 

You are obviously thinking what you like! Read the last few posts on the 'Pathetic from the players thread' just a couple of snippets from social media. No-one, bar you, was implying anyone was saying Curtis was the only one who cares.

Edited by RoyMac5

Just now, angieram said:

Curtains, this is not like you. Davies had a poor game by his standards last night, but overall this season I think he has been right up there as one of our best players.

It's okay for you to call him out for it, but not to suggest he doesn't care or work hard enough for the team, because it isn't actually true, is it? 

There's another thread complaining about players not clapping the fans, but he did, as he always does, even though he might have been one of the players who might have got booed for it. 

You sound worried about our form at the minute. I am too. Don't let it get you down.

I know I’m coming across badly in this thread.

To be honest Angie I care about my Football team but I just don’t think Curtis should have remarked about 2 bad training days 

What was he implying. 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Risible. As stated by others, defense is hardly the issue with our team. Curtis has been good this season, a great character to have around, a good leader on the pitch and a good defender. He is the perfect professional and genuinely cares about the club. He is **exactly** the player we need in the scenario. 

Defense is a problem because we are not creating from midfield and concentrating on protecting the defense from that area 

Just now, Curtains said:

Defense is a problem because we are not creating from midfield and concentrating on protecting the defense from that area 

I don't think that at all. In a lot of games we've been quite progressive with the ball and hardly sitting in, we just lack final third creativity. I think it's mischaracterising the problem to claim that is why we're not creating. 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I know I’m coming across badly in this thread.

To be honest Angie I care about my Football team but I just don’t think Curtis should have remarked about 2 bad training days 

What was he implying. 

I don't think he was implying anything it's quite clear what he was saying - the team had 2 bad training days. 

Just now, Andicis said:

I don't think that at all. In a lot of games we've been quite progressive with the ball and hardly sitting in, we just lack final third creativity. I think it's mischaracterising the problem to claim that is why we're not creating. 

We are playing safe football most of the time. .

Its not working