Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

They will be talking to the administrators - they don't need to talk to you or anyone else.

It's been pointed out a number of times that some of the bidders may want to play their cards close to their chests in case they aren't successful - that means doing things behind closed doors, not in the full glare of a bunch of impatient fans.

CK has taken a very public stance - I suspect in the hope that fans such as yourself will get behind him and that may sway the administrators (or it may just be the American way of doing business) - but he'll look a bit of a plum if the club is sold to someone else....

I don’t think CK has anything to admonish himself on .

I think he has conducted himself with dignity and given the fans hope. 

I agree that the other 3 so called contenders don’t want to go public for reasons of confidentiality but that IMO isn’t helping. 

Anyhow Up The Rams .

5 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Why should they? This process is already more high profile than most corporate transactions. Its always secretive and project this and project that IN CASE IT FALLS THROUGH. 

Reminds me of an auction we’re the auctioneer are the administrators.

I am not sure though that all the bidders have the reddies needed 

“To be frank, they have not had much choice but stick to this script. An administration is a sales process until it isn’t… and then it’s a closing-down sale.”

Edited by Curtains

3 hours ago, TheSlate said:

To be fair to Matt Slater (no relation) - he's only ever reported facts. He is one of the more serious and seasoned journalists at The Athletic and certainly doesn't have an agenda. He was threatened with legal action by Morris, I believe. 

He annoys me by stating facts and reporting the truth about our club, which isn't a tasty medicine to swallow. 

Also, anyone paying full price for The Athletic is daft. You can get it for free with EE, they also often do a £1 a month deal. When anyone signs up to these, full price changes are always clearly indicated, best to just pay for the deal and then cancel the renewal.  

Yes, I didn't pay £60 when I joined and they didn't tell me that I had signed up to an automatic renewal at full price. That's why they gave me the money back. 

You're probably right about Slater, that's maybe why I dislike him because he's always talking about finances and I want to read about Football. Sadly for us, that's almost impossible at the moment.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Yes, I didn't pay £60 when I joined and they didn't tell me that I had signed up to an automatic renewal at full price. That's why they gave me the money back. 

You're probably right about Slater, that's maybe why I dislike him because he's always talking about finances and I want to read about Football. Sadly for us, that's almost impossible at the moment.

I got the "oh we've debited your account for 12 months at full price" at the end of the very cheap into. Sent a stern email and was able to get a refund.

I quite liked the athletic but not enough for full price and taking the 12 months up front annoyed me. I'd probably pay £2-3 a month for it.

6 hours ago, Curtains said:

Serious point is if CK pulls out we are ducked IMO .

I think the guy is sincere and the administrators need to realise this and go with him and forget the others .

Forget due process and just tell him it’s his if he wants it at the right price. 

There are three other potential buyers. Kirchner is the only one we know lots about.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Also nothing he is quoted as saying about our finances  really adds anything to our knowledge. In fact some of it is just wrong and confusing.

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

No idea.   The Athletic one was sensible .

I get the impression that an early takeover is imperative to avoid a fire sale at the Derby in January.

I think that's what the admin team said originally but were they not quoted somewhere as saying there will not be a fire sale? They do not seem to think the takeover will be completed until late January.

Edited by PistoldPete

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I think that's what the admin team said originally but were they not quoted somewhere as saying there will not be a fire sale? They do not seem to think the takeover will be completed until late January.

That’s correct but they also said that a takeover would be by the end of December. .

Look mate what will happen is completely beyond anyone knowing until pen is put to paper .

The fact that Sibley,Knight and Bird have contracts mean we should get fees if we have to sell. 

9 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

No it isn’t different. Unless you think Rooney is providing all the finances? 
Plenty of knickers getting twisted over nothing. 
Why do you think it would be different, when things go wrong at a football club the manager is usually first to go. So Rooney could sack himself. ? Why would anyone think it mattered when we’ve recently seen every permutation going here! ? Just something else to beat with a stick.

So there’s no difference between...

a new owner selected by the admins coming in and choosing to continue with the same manager

a manager using his clout to select the new owner (on the basis that the manager will continue)

13 minutes ago, Curtains said:

That’s correct but they also said that a takeover would be by the end of December. .

Look mate what will happen is completely beyond anyone knowing until pen is put to paper .

The fact that Sibley,Knight and Bird have contracts mean we should get fees if we have to sell. 

I think they said they hoped the takeover would be completed by Christmas, not that it would. I know we could get fees for players but a fire sale would mean getting maybe much less than they are worth. Not sure how that helps anyone.