Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

13 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

I’m keen on anything that doesn’t involve liquidation.

Agreed but I still fear Gibson can/will sink us.  If Middlesborough and indeed Wycombe do not withdraw their claims then the Administrators are not going to be able to sort this mess out in the near future. Would anyone still go ahead and buy us with those claims still outstanding ??

This is a strange one for me, CK is here there and everywhere, He comes across as a person who is very enthusiastic about being our new owner, His fellow friends/advisors are people who imo in their business world would scalp you for your dandruff, Just a little odd that's all.

Why oh why would anyone want to kiss 10s of millions of £s away on what looks to be a league 1 club, A stadium that is fit for the Premier league, A traing complex that is the envy of some Premier clubs, A fan base that has a hard core of 20k with another 10k in the background, A propper footballing town. A manager that's world renowned...other than thatTired Pbs Nature GIF by Nature on PBS

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

This is a strange one for me, CK is here there and everywhere, He comes across as a person who is very enthusiastic about being our new owner, His fellow friends/advisors are people who imo in their business world would scalp you for your dandruff, Just a little odd that's all.

Why oh why would anyone want to kiss 10s of millions of £s away on what looks to be a league 1 club, A stadium that is fit for the Premier league, A traing complex that is the envy of some Premier clubs, A fan base that has a hard core of 20k with another 10k in the background, A propper footballing town. A manager that's world renowned...other than thatTired Pbs Nature GIF by Nature on PBS

Plus a club that maybe League one next year almost certainly but only for its fifth year out of 137. 
Guys like Kirchner can see the potential . He’s only in his early thirties so can be patient about things being turned around.

plus all it takes is a redistribution of tv money for the top two divisions an Championship teams can become profitable. 

8 minutes ago, gfs1ram said:

Agreed but I still fear Gibson can/will sink us.  If Middlesborough and indeed Wycombe do not withdraw their claims then the Administrators are not going to be able to sort this mess out in the near future. Would anyone still go ahead and buy us with those claims still outstanding ??

Don’t know but don’t see those clubs withdrawing claims. They will want to get any money they can. I assume they can’t sue while Derby are in administration so any new owner would need to deal with it unless it’s called off before. 

4 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Don’t know but don’t see those clubs withdrawing claims. They will want to get any money they can. I assume they can’t sue while Derby are in administration so any new owner would need to deal with it unless it’s called off before. 

They cannot sue. Only bring a complaint through the Efl. So Efl can tell them to do one .

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Plus a club that maybe League one next year almost certainly but only for its fifth year out of 137. 
Guys like Kirchner can see the potential . He’s only in his early thirties so can be patient about things being turned around.

plus all it takes is a redistribution of tv money for the top two divisions an Championship teams can become profitable. 

You were doing so well there Pete   and then you posted...PatientThe Sandlot Flirting GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

2 minutes ago, Rambam said:

Have any similar ‘claims’ ever been successful? 
Why didn’t we claim millions off QPR when they ‘cheated’ to get into the top flight at our expense?

Morris was interviewed on the radio, Talksport maybe, can't remember exactly, not long after he took over fully and was asked that very question. He said that he didn't feel it was the right way to resolve such issues and team's shouldn't start sueing each other, the EFL should take care of it (or words to that effect).

I bet he isn't thinking that today.

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

They cannot sue. Only bring a complaint through the Efl. So Efl can tell them to do one .

Don’t Boro have representation on the EFL board? Conflict of interest? They can put a complaint and say they will sue when Derby get taken over so if it’s not dismissed (unsure if EFL can dismiss it?) surely new owner would need to accept that they would take this on. 
It could potentially open a can of worms but hope it doesn’t put off buyers. 

19 minutes ago, Rambam said:

Have any similar ‘claims’ ever been successful? 
Why didn’t we claim millions off QPR when they ‘cheated’ to get into the top flight at our expense?

Different ownerships would think differently I guess. Maybe Gibson feels like Derby would be backed into a corner by this and he would try and get whatever money he can. Wycombe also. In theory clubs could sue each other for stuff like this but just because it hasn’t happened doesn’t mean that a precedent can’t be started. I doubt Gibson cares if Derby become liquidated or not. 

The Middlesbrough and Wycombe debacle will end up with us being liquidated I can just see it.

Our debts are huge and we have very little liquid money to tick over.

Unless we can find a buyer who sees us as a pet project/hobby then it's curtains for us. A real business man wouldn't go near us with these debts.

Anyone following Kircher on Twitter?

Just wondered if he has tweeted anything following the game......."Should Morrison have been taken off earlier?", "Should Ebosele have started?" - or is he not so hands on (pleeeeze) - and just tweeted something along the lines of "Never mind, big bucks coming soon for strengthening" or "I got my high score on Candy Crush. What happened in the match?"

Edited by IslandExile

2 minutes ago, one_chop said:

The Middlesbrough and Wycombe debacle will end up with us being liquidated I can just see it.

Unless we can find a buyer who sees us as a pet project/hobby then it's curtains for us. A real business man wouldn't go near us with these debts.

Maybe not. There will be deals that can be done with debts. This Kirchener guy is probably very wealthy and is likely to get even more wealthier. He will see the long term potential. Same with any other buyers. 
If the academy can keep producing players and Derby keep crowds of 20k plus and generate income in other areas like corporate etc, you wouldn’t need to have massive losses if Derby can after league 1, get back into championship etc. You could have a sustainable club. There may even be new redistribution of money coming up. 

But unfortunately I am not convinced there will be DCFC anymore after this year. Bleak times if it can’t be sorted. But still hope. 

15 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Anyone following Kircher on Twitter?

Just wondered if he has tweeted anything following the game......."Should Morrison have been taken off earlier?", "Should Ebosele have started?" - or is he not so hands on (pleeeeze) - and just tweeted something along the lines of "Never mind, big bucks coming soon for strengthening" or "I got my high score on Candy Crush. What happened in the match?"

None of that. Just responded to a question about whether he'd read the Sun article "sorry, I don't read newspapers" and another tweet about being excited to see Rory McIlroy at some golf tournament. Very bland, which is probably wise.

7 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Sadly I fear you are right. I can't see this playing out any other way.

51 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Do you even know what the basis for the claim is? I certainly haven't seen any details. I know we can assume, but I haven't seen anything firm. 

1 hour ago, gfs1ram said:

These claims are vexatious. Whilst I do not think the EFL are at all fit for purpose they are surely likely to back our cause on these two.

The precedence it sets would be wholly unsustainable and risks the integrity of the whole football pyramid under the EFL. Basically EFL clubs squabbling forever outside of pitch. Also completely renders useless the points deduction.

The EFL are inept but not evil.