Relegation rivals watch

Bris Vegas

18 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Not sure about that, they've already agreed a punishment for P&S failure for 2018-2021 haven't they. I think the additional -6 relates to adhering to the agreed business plan, just like our -3 suspended does.

That's true but one of the points in the plan is for the club to reduce the wage bill this season to £21m. I've seen they've spent 32m so if that's true then surely they're in breach.

On 23/02/2022 at 08:30, Jourdan said:

To be honest, I think the Reading result last night will be a blessing in disguise.

We know now that there is no room for complacency and we can’t afford too many more off days.

You can’t fault the players. They are giving everything. But we have to step it up again.

Earlier in the season, we brushed off some disappointing results out of a ‘just glad to be here, this cardboard tastes delicious’ mentality.

Now survival is a possibility, we have to go full throttle and take games by the scruff of the neck and win.

We have six home games from seven that are there to be won and will likely make up the majority of our points gained.

But we also have to push for more away from home. 2 wins from 16 away games is simply not good enough. We’ll have to do more to give ourselves a fighting chance.

I am still sticking with the thinking that we need a point a game plus any deficit to make up. So that’s 22 points, as it stands. 6-7 wins potentially.

No time for hard luck stories, time to go out and win.

giphy.gif

Reading 6 point deduction - not happening so we can forget that.  Refers to wrong season for one.

From what i have seen and part of their business plan they will have one of the cheapest wage bills this season and certainly next.  

High earners already gone and they have only 6 contracted players for the start of this season.  If they go down they will free fall, so they are massively fighting for club survival and championship status.