Come on mel sort out roadriders I am begging you

B4ev6is

13 hours ago, David said:

You raise a valid point yet again Angie.

Pre Covid Era

October 2019 was the last time we played Hull City away.

The game was played on 26th October 2019.

Ticket Sale Dates
Away Membership Holders: Friday 4th October (10am)
Season Ticket Holders: Friday 11th October (10am)
General Sale (one ticket per Fan ID): Friday 18th October (10am)

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/10/tickets-for-hull-city-clash-on-sale-to-season-ticket-holders

We had an away allocation of 2,889.

Covid Era

The game will be played on 18th August.

Away Membership Holders: Thursday 12th August
Season Ticket Holders: Friday 13th August
General Sale (one ticket per Fan ID): Saturday 14th August

We have an away allocation of 1,354.

-------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see pre covid we had 22 days from tickets first going on sale to the game compared to 6 days this year, only 4 days from general sale to the game.

Now some will say why haven't the club released the tickets earlier then, when the dcfctickets twitter account was active I would see fans, including B4 regularly asking when ticket information for a game would be out, the usual response was, as soon as we receive the tickets we will put the information out that day.

I have no idea the logistics behind booking the coaches, what the financial implications are if they order too many coaches which are not used or what contracts we have in place compared to other clubs to sit here and say, this is not acceptable. 

It's jumping to conclusions where I have seen B4 post that he's been told "health & safety reasons", now we may have a contract with X company who are not willing to run the coaches during the pandemic. I don't know this, but it's a possibility that nobody appears to stop to consider, it's f the club, sort it out.

If that was the case, why not get another company? True, but are we able to book at that short notice, are coaches available in the area and how do the club judge how many tickets will be sold? 

Look at the Salford game, was the stadium empty due to ticket prices, online sales only, fans on holiday, some not comfortable entering a football ground yet concerned for their health?....Theres a number of factors to consider and I would imagine is difficult to really predict as we have no data for these kinds of circumstances to fall back on, look at the allocation, just 1,354 which is over 1.5k less than our less visit to Hull.

The club are clearly being cautious as I'm sure I'm correct in saying that some clubs require you to purchase any unused tickets, assuming this is as they have covered the costs of stewards to cover X allocation.

Saying all that, I do think the club should address the situation on their website so fans are aware, a little communication even if it's not what you want to hear goes a long way and stops fingers being pointed and all kinds of theories which including mine above from surfacing. 

Not to add more fuel to the fire... but roadrider is run by skills..... alfreton also use skills so whatever health and safety alfreton have agreed too I'm sure Derby could as well.

So I would say its more a running issue for the club than than the actual bus company itself having a issue. 

4 hours ago, angieram said:

I agree with this to some extent, shouldn't have been put in the membership package if no longer available. 

To answer another question, Alfreton branch run one bus with one very hard-working volunteer organising it. There are a core group of supporters who use it every game so maybe a bit easier to manage. 

Roadrider bookings start from scratch every game and can be one to ten buses depending on demand. Each one has to have a paid steward on board too. An administrative nightmare really. 

I agree Angie it is defiantly harder times Post COVID. I honestly do believe the Management Team at Derby do not have a clue at the moment.

As I said the other day I am not defending DCFC the club anymore I'm done doing it, Answers need to be there it's effecting the Business side of it. We the fans are still buying so why are they not helping or telling us what we need to do to make life easier for them in this hard time?

It sounds like we are all out for a witch hunt but  honestly I'm not I am just not happy with my DCFC experience away from the game itself. As you can't speak to anyone there is nowhere else to rant. 

What I am enjoying is the coming together of the Fans again. A bit like the Nigel Clough era where we were rubbish but the fans stuck together. Maybe all of this will galvanise US the fans. but at the end of the day DCFC need to be aware of issues to the Fans otherwise the business will not succeed.   

23 hours ago, angieram said:

I agree with this to some extent, shouldn't have been put in the membership package if no longer available. 

To answer another question, Alfreton branch run one bus with one very hard-working volunteer organising it. There are a core group of supporters who use it every game so maybe a bit easier to manage. 

Roadrider bookings start from scratch every game and can be one to ten buses depending on demand. Each one has to have a paid steward on board too. An administrative nightmare 

I just found out it is not mel fault or Derby county eathier it is Derby city council interfering with travel and same for those lot down A52.

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I just found out it is not mel fault or Derby county eathier it is Derby city council interfering with travel and same for those lot down A52.

I blame the freaking Government.

Enjoy the game today B4.

6 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Forest ran official supporters buses for the Coventry game.