Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

It’s theirs to fail now - a ridiculously average championship this season with many clubs unable to financially strengthen - they will never get a better chance and I must say Bournemouth are in a really false position as they have had a tremendous amount of outrageous decisions go in there favour ( makes you wonder why?) 

It is all terribly exciting. Could go down to a shoot out on the last day. That game against Bournemouth is huge now. Will they crumble under the pressure?

it’ll be interesting to see where they sit after the weekend. But should they both win, Forest will need to win or draw against Bournemouth to take it or the last day. And if they draw, they need Bournemouth to loose on the last day. 

Bournemouth will probably muck it all up by losing at the weekend. 

It's there for the taking. Swansea at home then Bournemouth away and Hull away. Bournemouth definitely seriously wobbling with 1 win in 6. Win those 3 games and they will probably get over the line regardless of what Bournemouth do in their other 2 games. Nice to have it in your own hands at this stage when you have all the momentum. 1 direct competitor to play in terrible form and 2 teams with nothing to play for. I'm sure they'd have bitten your hand off for that at the start of the season.

I mentioned it before but our 2013-14 side and the 2014-15 side (minus the injuries) would have walked this league alongside Fulham.

The quality in the Championship has dipped really hard the past few years due to the same teams yo-yoing between the Premier League and the Championship.

Everyone else has been in survival mode.

I’ll also add that I want Forest or Luton to go up. It would be awful to have Bournemouth, Fulham and one of either Huddersfield or Sheffield United go up again as they will just continue to strengthen their own position with the parachute payments.

None can realistically survive in the PL for more than a season or two so they will just join the fellow yo-yo clubs in Watford and Norwich.

As the song goes "you've got to search for gumping inside yourself, search for the gump that's inside"

They're still more than capable of remembering they're notts forest, they know they are poo.

Apparently Steve cooper is considering a future as Nottingham's premier male model, given his opposable thumbs and more handsome than average face.

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

It’s theirs to fail now - a ridiculously average championship this season with many clubs unable to financially strengthen - they will never get a better chance and I must say Bournemouth are in a really false position as they have had a tremendous amount of outrageous decisions go in there favour ( makes you wonder why?) 

I do find it very odd that Keith Stroud, who is from Bournemouth, is allowed to referee Bournemouth games, especially when those games have resulted in a record of 12 wins, 0 draws, 1 loss for Bournemouth.

2 minutes ago, JfR said:

I do find it very odd that Keith Stroud, who is from Bournemouth, is allowed to referee Bournemouth games, especially when those games have resulted in a record of 12 wins, 0 draws, 1 loss for Bournemouth.

Oh my ?

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

The Red Posters have suddenly gone a bit quiet!
Anyone else get the impression that @Red_Dawn is just itching to get on here, but is just holding fire for now...

Just.  In.  Case.  

#Play it cool, Dawny.  Play it cool!   ?  ? 

Yeah I’m absolutely cacking it. Still think 2nd might be one bridge too far, but we still have the playoffs to look forward (gulp) to.

I might be biased but this team and Steve Cooper deserve a chance to play in the PL. We’re better than BMouth but that might not matter in the end. 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

I’ll also add that I want Forest or Luton to go up. It would be awful to have Bournemouth, Fulham and one of either Huddersfield or Sheffield United go up again as they will just continue to strengthen their own position with the parachute payments.

None can realistically survive in the PL for more than a season or two so they will just join the fellow yo-yo clubs in Watford and Norwich.

Why in gods name would anyone want that. You can have Luton

47 minutes ago, JfR said:

If he’s reffing next Wednesday, he can be as corrupt as he wants. 

3 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Yeah I’m absolutely cacking it. Still think 2nd might be one bridge too far, but we still have the playoffs to look forward (gulp) to.

I might be biased but this team and Steve Cooper deserve a chance to play in the PL. We’re better than BMouth but that might not matter in the end. 

The team that just missed out on autos always goes into the play offs crest fallen and lacking confidence. I fancy whoever comes 6th. 

2 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

The team that just missed out on autos always goes into the play offs crest fallen and lacking confidence. I fancy whoever comes 6th. 

I think we did that in 2007 and still went up despite dreadful form in the last 6 games.  I think that only works if you've been second at some point and just missed it like we did in 92.  If they get 2nd next week and shaft it last game you could be right, otherwise they should have a reasonable expectation of promotion with little bother.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I think we did that in 2007 and still went up despite dreadful form in the last 6 games.  I think that only works if you've been second at some point and just missed it like we did in 92.  If they get 2nd next week and shaft it last game you could be right, otherwise they should have a reasonable expectation of promotion with little bother.

That is y unfortunately true. It’s more likely that if Notts were to beat Bournemouth to second, Bournemouth would probably struggle in the play offs. 

4 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I mentioned it before but our 2013-14 side and the 2014-15 side (minus the injuries) would have walked this league alongside Fulham.

The quality in the Championship has dipped really hard the past few years due to the same teams yo-yoing between the Premier League and the Championship.

Everyone else has been in survival mode.

I'd even go as far as saying Lampard's team of 18/19 would have. The quality of the league that year was outrageous with Norwich and Sheffield United going up automatically but then you had Leeds, Aston Villa and us in the playoffs. If we had that team this season or even last, we would have gone up automatically. The quality just hasn't been there at the top.

42 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I'd even go as far as saying Lampard's team of 18/19 would have. The quality of the league that year was outrageous with Norwich and Sheffield United going up automatically but then you had Leeds, Aston Villa and us in the playoffs. If we had that team this season or even last, we would have gone up automatically. The quality just hasn't been there at the top.

The fact that Leeds didn't go up automatically that season shows how strong the league was. I knew the quality had dipped, but your post has really shown it up.