Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

26 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Not interested in kicking you while your down, but I think the idea of comparing us to what Mel Morris did for several years, is pretty farcical. 

I’m not sure about that, I’d say a creative but not at the time illegal use of amortisation is not worse than blatantly selling your players at an over priced rate to a club owned by the same owner. And that’s before we even get into a fit and proper persons test that approves a bakery burning, drug smuggler as an appropriate owner.

One you need a degree in accountancy to see why it’s dodgy, the other you just need eyes to see why it’s dodgy.

I can’t believe that’s not been made illegal, to be honest.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Other than have 3 bidders lined up and a PB blocked by the EFL? Not sold too many players (yet, there's still time for EFL pressure though).

Have a plan to deal with Boro & Wycombe, again blocked by the EFL.

They maybe be Mel's choice but they still have to work within the law and their professional standing. What do you know about them btw?

I know they were personally appointed by Morris, largely because not other accountant wanted the job. 

I’m just an outsider here, but they don’t seem to be doing not a whole lot bar procrastinating and earning a quite few quid for it.. 

I don’t see how you’ve moved towards safety since the admins were appointed, quite the opposite. 

Just now, Red_Dawn said:

I know they were personally appointed by Morris, largely because not other accountant wanted the job. 

I’m just an outsider here, but they don’t seem to be doing not a whole lot bar procrastinating and earning a quite few quid for it.. 

I don’t see how you’ve moved towards safety since the admins were appointed, quite the opposite. 

Well it's so easy to deal with Boro and Wycombe, and the EFL and Mel. Oh and HMRC and the other creditors - that's who the Administrators are looking out for btw. Oh and stay within the law. Why don't you tell us how you'd solve it all. ?

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Typical cheap shot. Thanks.

Lol, I'm sorry. Couldn't resist

Ultimately though I think the admins need to do what every other admin's have every done at a club in a similar predicament, and start selling assets that can be used to prove to the EFL that you can continue for the season. 

At the end of the season, get Gibson's nonsense claim thrown out, and move forward under your new ownership. I'm assuming that will be the Binnies. 

Just seems that the admins have achieved very little in such a long space of time, bar dither and delay. Which of course, is in their interest given the extortionate rates they're charging. 

7 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Ultimately though I think the admins need to do what every other admin's have every done at a club in a similar predicament...

I think that's the biggest hurdle... I'm not convinced any other club has ever been in a similar predicament...

More than one effective owner of the stadium (Mel and/or MFI/LSD, or whatever they're called!) ... but not the club itself.

2 x legal summons' which aren't actually legal... or summons'... and nor do they have a monetary value.  (Pick a number, any number!)

Big Bald Mel and Curly Sue Thwacking their manhoods in everyone's faces... in public... and occasionally on a school night! 

Can't buy.  Can't sell.  Can't rent.  Can't hire.  Can't prostitute out to make a few quid of a Friday night.

... And an on-field fighting spirit rarely witnessed before, which is quite frankly, putting a massive spanner in all the EFL workings out, and making a mockery of their plans and ambitions.

Nope... Nothing like this has happened before.  WE ARE Derby.  WE. ARE. UNIQUE!   

"Prove you won't go into liquidation or we'll throw you out of the League" reminds me of the medieval "trial by ordeal" system of justice. 

And judging by the offers quoted so far, its questionable as to whether selling assets would produce enough to satisfy the EFL anyway. 

Still, at least it would give some of Forest's playoff rivals an easier run in.... 

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Ultimately though I think the admins need to do what every other admin's have every done at a club in a similar predicament, and start selling assets that can be used to prove to the EFL that you can continue for the season. 

Yeah you'd like that wouldn't you. ?

At the end of the season, get Gibson's nonsense claim thrown out, and move forward under your new ownership. I'm assuming that will be the Binnies. 

Just seems that the admins have achieved very little in such a long space of time, bar dither and delay. Which of course, is in their interest given the extortionate rates they're charging. 

Again you haven't answered what you'd do differently. It seems to you like they're doing nothing. Oh well never mind. Again I say, it's not an easy task. They are qualified professionals, with their professional reputations at stake. But yeah you know different...

Edited by RoyMac5

Lol, I'm sorry. Couldn't resist

You know I’d say you were fair in your assessment bar one thing, we shouldn’t need to sell any further assets with bidders lined up, IF only the EFL were a credible body, with credible rules. Their make it up as you go along antics, are exactly why we’ve not been punished for our over spend and allowed to move on and out of the administrators fee draining clutches.

If the EFL operated in a fair and consistent manner, with no blurred lines, the administrators would be long gone and new owners already here; as it is, this seasons results including your own, are in real jeopardy to further legal challenge. Imagine Derby being thrown out at the end of March now (your 4 points less than your total end of season and miss the play offs to someone we took 4 points or more off).

The EFL can’t see further than their nose right now, but they are potentially opening the biggest can of worms ever. To be honest, I can’t see how any football fan will not welcome an independent body to rule over them. The whole organisation is inept and flawed. The whole handling of our situation, the football creditor issues of Boro/W.W is going to bite them on the ass one way or another.

Some rivals may mock us, most will see past it though eventually and realise the cosy EFL clique currently in place is living on borrowed time, never mind Derby.

Would it be worth having the club liquidated just to turn down forest's bids for players? In any sane analysis, no, of course not.

Is that a small bonus if it happens along with Couhig and Gibson getting no money and most of the blame (probably taking some of Mel Morris' Share of the blame)? Perhaps.

Is it better to be a Derby fan and watch DCFC be liquidated than to support notts forest? Oh for sure.

13 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Is that a small bonus if it happens along with Couhig and Gibson getting no money and most of the blame (probably taking some of Mel Morris' Share of the blame)? Perhaps.

Trust me, if you get liquidated the consensus will be that Morris and his cronies at Quantuma are solely to blame.  

What on earth are they playing at? 

1412C14A-11DB-4EBA-AC39-3E6062811939.png

24 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Trust me, if you get liquidated the consensus will be that Morris and his cronies at Quantuma are solely to blame.  

How do I like a screen shot of a comment on a link? What that guy says is spot on. I saw this pop up on my phone last night and I’m like ‘yeah, now tell us something we did it all know.’

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Edited by TigerTedd

36 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Is the Internet that slow in Nottingham. This information has been public knowledge since almost the beginning of the administration process.

22 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Not interested in kicking you while your down, but I think the idea of comparing us to what Mel Morris did for several years, is pretty farcical. 

Why? We did nothing illegal either. The selling of the stadium was not against the rules, but the EFL came after us for it anyway and still lost their case. The amortisation process we used was also not against the EFL rules. 

Yes we breached FFP, but your club has lost £230 million over the last ten years and you have made massive losses over the last couple of years, so lets not pretend you aren't doing exactly the same thing. The only way you've managed to save yourselves is by your owner selling players to himself, which frankly is no different to what we've done with the stadium. Selling players between clubs owned by the same person is not against the rules either, but that doesn't mean the EFL won't decide to target you next. Lets just hope your gamble this year pays off so you don't have to deal with the consequences.

33 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Oh dear. Think you'll find your post is likely to be deleted after accusing somebody of fraud, which is not true in the slightest. You don't think Morris and your owner are comparable, but that's purely your own opinion. This isn't finger pointing - you got upset because we were criticising your owner - you won't find anybody here praising Morris. ? 

You've sold half a dozen players to Olympiakos at inflated fees to bypass FFP. Look I get you are a bit touchy having having these accusations levelled at you, but We SoLD oTHeR PlAYers is not a defence. All clubs including Derby have to sell players to survive in the Championship - most of us don't have a dodgy benefactor who will buy any old poo for mega bucks to get around the rules. Even with the players you've sold you've still lost more than £150 million over the last ten years and a good portion of that has come under Maranakis.

You are in exactly the same position as we were a few years ago. Your wage bill is sky high, you are haemorrhaging money, making gigantic losses each year and you are gambling everything on promotion. The only difference between your club and our club is that your benefactor hasn't yet decided to cut and run and leave you in the poo. If Marinakis decides to do the same you will find yourself in exactly the same position.

Edited by GenBr

44 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Tell me how much we’ve sold in player sales to Olympiacos vs to other clubs. 

Presumably if we’re using this as some massive get out clause it’ll weigh heavily towards the former?

I’ll wait. 

I dunno - what monetary value would you place on "undisclosed fee"?