Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

38 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

8 signings announced at 11:59.. ? 

Rooney the guy who signed most players on the same day. If all the players sign today and play tomorrow against Covid outbreak Uddersfield then any score is possible.

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But is this an area we're trying for, else I can't see how we could expect to sign all the trialists in one go?

Someone suggested yesterday Mel needs to prove he could fund the club for 12 months (in case the potential takeovers/investment falls through). If he does that the players can be registered.

5 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

There's been lots of hysteria here and on social around midday today as some kind of do or die moment. That's only for tomorrow's game, where the only real shortage is at CH.

We can still get players signed until the transfer deadline on September 2nd. 

Plenty of time to get this sorted, even if it means playing a younger side for the first couple of games. 

Folk need to calm down a little. 

The hysteria is because we could potentially lose a number of future signings by our young players professional standing changing.

7 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

There's been lots of hysteria here and on social around midday today as some kind of do or die moment. That's only for tomorrow's game, where the only real shortage is at CH.

We can still get players signed until the transfer deadline on September 2nd. 

Plenty of time to get this sorted, even if it means playing a younger side for the first couple of games. 

Folk need to calm down a little. 

I think you need a reality check, as these first couple of games could give us a head start or continue our spiralling form from last season. Typical nonsense from head in the sand brigade

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Someone suggested yesterday Mel needs to prove he could fund the club for 12 months (in case the potential takeovers/investment falls through). If he does that the players can be registered.

EFL know that Mel has about £500 million so it is more a case of, if he will fund rather than he could fund in reality.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think they agreed to waive the Crawley players from professional standing.

What makes u think that buddy ?

im probably missing something stupidly obvious but I didn’t get that from that tweet 

bloody hope ur right though 

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That was the big takeaway I got from the radio Derby interview too 

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yeah I saw that. Just didn't realise it was in the 'embargo regs'? But then does that matter...

6 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

But a lot of that money will be tied up and not readily accessible. He may only (??) £2m available as free cash. 

Who has the amount of money needed to run a Club like Derby for a year readily available not earning interest of some sort.