Wayne is doing his best but !

Curtains

Just now, Wignall12 said:

No he hasn't got the chance to build a team ...... courtesy of the EFL.

Nor coaches either -  "Shay is currently in the middle of negotiating a new deal," Rooney said.

"But like everything else things have been put on hold at the minute until everything gets sorted.

"He is a coach I want to bring back in to work with us because he is a vital part of what we are trying to do, but for the time being that's on hold so myself, Liam (Rosenior), Justin (Walker) and Jason (Pearcey) have to obviously carry on doing our jobs and make sure we get the lads ready."

I do wonder if we'd be better off just using eligible players in the friendlies. If nothing changes, that's what we'll have to start the season with. I get that not playing the 'trialists' and out of contract players will have fitness issues if they do become eligible, but the flipside is we're currently showcasing them for other teams.

I think if Craig Forsyth is going to be our centre back until January, let him get used to it in preseason. It's a long way from ideal, but maybe the least worst option. 

3 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I do wonder if we'd be better off just using eligible players in the friendlies. If nothing changes, that's what we'll have to start the season with. I get that not playing the 'trialists' and out of contract players will have fitness issues if they do become eligible, but the flipside is we're currently showcasing them for other teams.

I think if Craig Forsyth is going to be our centre back until January, let him get used to it in preseason. It's a long way from ideal, but maybe the least worst option. 

Or it might just cause the squad to become generally depressed with the situation and even have some looking for a move. We have to put a positive front up. Players have to want to come here.

Hopefully Rooney's going to start using his high profile to start drawing more attention to the EFL damaging the integrity of their own competition by not allowing us to sign frees to fill our squad. Got to be one of the advantages of having a big name as manager, if he wants something to hit the headlines he can

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57880074

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or it might just cause the squad to become generally depressed with the situation and even have some looking for a move. We have to put a positive front up. Players have to want to come here.

Doesn't matter if they want to come here. The reality is they can't. I think things are happening in the background because Rooney is playing the trialists as if he's going to sign them soon. If nothing was happening, surely Rooney would just play the lads that are eligible. Not ideal, but it is the reality of the situation. 

24 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Doesn't matter if they want to come here. The reality is they can't. I think things are happening in the background because Rooney is playing the trialists as if he's going to sign them soon. If nothing was happening, surely Rooney would just play the lads that are eligible. Not ideal, but it is the reality of the situation. 

Totally agree .

Rooney needs to play the players we have on contract.

Forget the players like Davies and Wisdom also I’m afraid as it pains me to say it. 

32 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Doesn't matter if they want to come here. The reality is they can't.

Yes I know that, I was making the point that it's better to put up a positive front and play the free agents. I'm sure they're hoping they can sign but at worst we have gotten them fit so it's a reasonable 'deal'.

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Totally agree .

Rooney needs to play the players we have on contract.

Forget the players like Davies and Wisdom also I’m afraid as it pains me to say it. 

We need the free agents fit for when/if they can sign. The youngsters also need to be fit but they don't need to be played instead, imo.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

We need the free agents fit for when/if they can sign. The youngsters also need to be fit but they don't need to be played instead, imo.

It’s a massive dilemma mate. 

Im not sure we can sign any players so it’s futile. 

Hope I’m wrong. 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

It’s a massive dilemma mate. 

Im not sure we can sign any players so it’s futile. 

Hope I’m wrong. 

Well the redone P&S and accounts have to be in by 18/08. You'd hope that the recent accounts would be done too. So it's just the HMRC whatever that is. Hopefully we can arrange some sort of payment plan as now that there is an income stream for this season with the ground re-opening etc.

We intended to sign the free agents/loans but aren't being allowed so it must mean there is enough finance for that at least.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well the redone P&S and accounts have to be in by 18/08. You'd hope that the recent accounts would be done too. So it's just the HMRC whatever that is. Hopefully we can arrange some sort of payment plan as now that there is an income stream for this season with the ground re-opening etc.

We intended to sign the free agents/loans but aren't being allowed so it must mean there is enough finance for that at least.

I am remaining optimistic and yesterday was great. 
The team did well .

The players all look to have benefited from pre season training. 

I’m hoping for the best regarding EFL embargo situation 

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I am remaining optimistic and yesterday was great. 
The team did well .

The players all look to have benefited from pre season training. 

I’m hoping for the best regarding EFL embargo situation 

I wonder how many of those will be registered to play for us in the opening game?

7 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

HMRC is HM Revenue and Customs, the tax authority, and the debt will relate to PAYE and/or VAT. No idea how much is outstanding, though.

9 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

HMRC is HM Revenue and Customs, the tax authority, and the debt will relate to PAYE and/or VAT. No idea how much is outstanding, though.

Yeah,not likely to be VAT.

Edited by RoyMac5