Wayne is doing his best but !

Curtains

5 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Surely getting around the current hard embargo problem should be relatively easy?

Get one of the local semi-pro clubs to help out. Look at all the youngsters who are currently counted as senior players and decide which ones are unlikely to be ready for any involvement in the first team. Give them all free transfers to, say, Mickleover, with Derby paying their wages. Then bring them in as trialists (can still train with and play for DCFC below first team level) once the we've bought in the necessary first team freebies and loans. Once the embargo situation is fully resolved, we just bring them back in on their original contracts.

Mel….is that you, I say Mel…..is that you ?

I know a few on here have a blinkered view of Rooney. Some didn't want him here in the first place, some didn't want him as manager which is fair enough, we're all not going to like/want the same players managers. 

This is only my opinion.

When Rooney first took over fully we were playing better stuff than under Cocu and we pulled away from the relegation zone.

Then we were hit with injuries to key players which basically ripped the spine out of our team.

Then CKR started carrying an injury but had to play still and we could see he wasn't 100% but we had nothing else.

The results/confidence started to decline and the squad we had after the injuries, any manager would struggle with. Our bench was full of kids.

In my opinion we can't berate Rooney for his final 15 matches when McLaren had the same problem in the season we failed to reach the playoffs, with a far superior squad and everyone was blaming the injuries to our key players in the run in. You can't have it both ways.

If Mac was manager last season he'd have had far far more slack from certain posters than Rooney has had.

Luckily this forum is a tiny percentage of our fan base and those who just don't like Rooney is even less.

I'm not happy with how thing went last season, not by a long shot, but i'm a realist and I could see what shape the club is in.

To put ALL the blame on Rooney is ridiculous imo.

He now has a good pre season to install his playing style on the squad. He also needs to get his players in.

THEN, if after all this we are still close to relegation, i believe he'll walk.

Edited by mwram1973

3 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

I know a few on here have a blinkered view of Rooney. Some didn't want him here in the first place, some didn't want him as manager which is fair enough, we're all not going to like/want the same players managers. 

This is only my opinion.

When Rooney first took over fully we were playing better stuff than under Cocu and we pulled away from the relegation zone.

Then we were hit with injuries to key players which basically ripped the spine out of our team.

Then CKR started carrying an injury but had to play still and we could see he wasn't 100% but we had nothing else.

The results/confidence started to decline and the squad we had after the injuries, any manager would struggle with. Our bench was full of kids.

In my opinion we can't berate Rooney for his final 15 matches when McLaren had the same problem in the season we failed to reach the playoffs and everyone was blaming the injuries to our key players in the run in. You can't have it both was.

If Mac was manager last season he'd have had far far more slack from certain posters than Rooney has had.

Luckily this forum is a tiny percentage of our fan base and those who just don't like Rooney is even less.

I'm not happy with how thing went last season, not by a long shot, but i'm a realist and I could see what shape the club is in.

He now has a good pre season to install his playing style on the squad. He also needs to get his players in.

You are entitled to your opinion but some might argue that it is you who are blinkered in terms of Rooney ?

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

You are entitled to your opinion but some might argue that it is you who are blinkered in terms of Rooney ?

If you read my past posts regarding him You'll see I've always said if we are no Better this season he'll need to go.

Imo, that's not blinkered.

Do i want him to succeed? YES, but I want every Derby manager to succeed.

49 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

This is only my opinion.

In my opinion we can't berate Rooney for his final 15 matches when McLaren had the same problem in the season we failed to reach the playoffs, with a far superior squad and everyone was blaming the injuries to our key players in the run in. You can't have it both ways.

one of the best posts on here in a while , spot on mate

Whilst appreciate everyone is entitled to an opinion on a forum, but there seems to be a smug group of fans on here that seem to be wanting the team and manager to fail, as that will prove them to have been right all along.

Whilst Rooney wasn't my choice of manager he is the man in charge and did keep us up when most including myself thought we were going down last season.

He's also been in charge of us during what is probably some of the most difficult circumstances any manager of Derby, and most other clubs for that matter has had to face.

Let's not kid ourselves, it would be a hell of an achievement for any  manager, especially a novice with just over 1/2 a seasons experience to turn things around.

With a poor bare bones squad, no sign of players coming in due to Embargo Plus, and want away Chairman,  not to mention the potential future points penalty, the fact he hasn't yet walked away from the job when alot would have is to Rooney's credit in my opinion.

But these are the cards we've been dealt. So as the season approaches isn't it time for the fans to begin to get behind the team and manager and show some unity at a time when almost everyone is against us.

If that beyond some posters at least try and be constructive with your criticism.

UTR

2 hours ago, Patrick Rams said:

Can anyone imagine this bunch Rooney has cobbled together will be Premier League Champions in 2025?

Aaaahhhh...the 43 year old Phil Jagielka hobbles his way to glory whilst ravel contributes a record (since records began in 1992) number of goals and assists..... ?

2 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

This is only my opinion.

The use of the word blinkered is very unfortunate IMHO, one can only judge what's put in front of them.

If you think that people are somehow missing the bigger picture, that Rooney will come good in the end again that's not being blinkered that's forming an opinion on what's being presented.

Do I think Rooney will eventually become an adept manager? I don't see any evidence of that so far yet but doesn't mean that he won't though. Again can only base your opinions on what's been served up so far.