Wayne is doing his best but !

Curtains

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Why always blame Derby 

The Chorley situation is scandalous 

I agree, Curtains and I am sure if this was any other club than Derby that this rule would have been relaxed in relation to that one specific fixture.

We would probably have been better to forfeit the match, which is totally against the spirit of the competition. 

34 minutes ago, Curtains said:

But…………it’s a results business and Wazza’s record is simply just not good enough. If we weren’t skint he would have been doing football punditry months ago ?

13 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But…………it’s a results business and Wazza’s record is simply just not good enough. If we weren’t skint he would have been doing football punditry months ago ?

I know you mean well mate . Brian Cloughs first season at Derby was very poor and Alex Ferguson nearly got sacked at United.

You could argue Rooney was left in the Carp by previous managers including Frank who I have very high regard for. 

26 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Absolutely!

Note the lack of press coverage of this too compared to the usual tripe that they put out about us.

We were made to play the game with loads of Covid in our camp .

The young lads did well of course they did but Chorley benefited and Derby have been punished not just by FA Cup elimination.

Rotherham cancelled loads of EFL fixtures and Derby weren’t allowed to cancel an FA Cup fixture and now those players are classed as first teamers !

If this is the case, it is totally scandalous. However noone else cares. There was little sympathy for us at the time, many headlines still about Derby being dumped out of cup. Little credit for fulfilling the fixture.  However, presumably we would have someone studying the embargo rules who knew this could be a consequence? Or have realised this at some point? There doesnt seem to be any let up does there?  Meanwhile, no rumours about off the field issues being anywhere near sorted. Really bad place for us fans

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

If this is the case, it is totally scandalous. However noone else cares. There was little sympathy for us at the time, many headlines still about Derby being dumped out of cup. Little credit for fulfilling the fixture.  However, presumably we would have someone studying the embargo rules who knew this could be a consequence? Or have realised this at some point? There doesnt seem to be any let up does there?  Meanwhile, no rumours about off the field issues being anywhere near sorted. Really bad place for us fans

I agree this is a bad situation but it was out of our control and the EFL have to make a decision on this and I wonder which way that will go !

I believe even though we may see the likes of Baldock tomorrow I think it will just put them in the shop window for other clubs. 

Must admit I didn’t see this scenario happening and it’s pennies from heaven for the EFL to yet again  stealthy punish us again 

4 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

How do the EFL get to sanction us fulfilling an FA fixture?

They govern the English Football League and that’s it. 

No the FA made us play it but the EFL are going to utilise the situation.

I hope they decide in our favour.

43 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I know you mean well mate . Brian Cloughs first season at Derby was very poor and Alex Ferguson nearly got sacked at United.

You could argue Rooney was left in the Carp by previous managers including Frank who I have very high regard for. 

Ifs and buts, ifs and buts…I prefer to stick to the facts….I know you and Macca mean well ??

36 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

We’re all frustrated by the apparent lack of activity but,I for one,am not interested in rumours or speculation. Just hoping an announcement will be forthcoming in the not too distant future to perk us all up.