Sports minister emails.

hintonsboots

6 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The club represents the entire county - not just the city. There are 11 MPs in total for Derbyshire. I don't think emailing any of them will have any effect, but may as well try all of them if we are going to attempt something.

Good point. Can anyone post a list ?? Would be interested to see if we have any Derby supporting MPs in the country??

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The club represents the entire county - not just the city. There are 11 MPs in total for Derbyshire. I don't think emailing any of them will have any effect, but may as well try all of them if we are going to attempt something.

Oh, I'll do it then, lazybones

42 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Good point. Can anyone post a list ?? Would be interested to see if we have any Derby supporting MPs in the country??

I doubt it. The only MP we have who was even born in Derbyshire is Lee Rowley and he was born and raised in Chesterfield, so if he does follow football there's a good chance it's not through us. There are a couple from Nottingham and a couple who moved here in their mid 30s, but the rest are from all round the country. Might be some in other constituencies - maybe some in Nottingham even!

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

I doubt it. The only MP we have who was even born in Derbyshire is Lee Rowley and he was born and raised in Chesterfield, so if he does follow football there's a good chance it's not through us. There are a couple from Nottingham and a couple who moved here in their mid 30s, but the rest are from all round the country. Might be some in other constituencies - maybe some in Nottingham even!

26 minutes ago, Motley said:

I’ve emailed the sports minister and my MP for NW Leicestershire  Andrew Bridgen, he’s replied to say he will raise the issue with the EFL…..

Well I stand corrected then. Well done. 

Surely an important bit is missing .

Something like how can the EFL for 3 years pass our accounts and approve them and then be provoked by we think 3rd parties to fine us on something they have already accepted and passed .

Surely the above is the actual main thrust of the argument . 

On 25/06/2021 at 14:24, atherstoneram said:

I would imagine this will make no difference whatsoever,why would they want to get involved in a personal matter between the EFL and DCFC. Surely if MM/DCFC felt he was being victimised lawyers would be all over the caseHow many owners of other clubs in the Championship stand behind MM,possibly One or Two if we are lucky. It is up to MM to get onto the sports minister if he thinks that is also the case. Personally i don't think we are aware of all the true facts and are clutching at straws. Emails should be sent to MM to come clean,not the government.

How are we not aware of the full facts of the case? They've been published.

On 25/06/2021 at 14:24, atherstoneram said:

I would imagine this will make no difference whatsoever,why would they want to get involved in a personal matter between the EFL and DCFC. Surely if MM/DCFC felt he was being victimised lawyers would be all over the caseHow many owners of other clubs in the Championship stand behind MM,possibly One or Two if we are lucky. It is up to MM to get onto the sports minister if he thinks that is also the case. Personally i don't think we are aware of all the true facts and are clutching at straws. Emails should be sent to MM to come clean,not the government.

I am inclined to agree.  

Archived