World of crypto

NottsRam77

On 11/01/2024 at 18:27, Comrade 86 said:

And this is why nobody except NR ever bothers posting on this thread 😂

Patience my young padawan 

when the bull market arrives i can promise u youll be asking me if its too late to buy lol

i know im talking to jo retail here 

On 11/02/2024 at 10:47, Crewton said:

Robert F Kennedy 😂

I have American friends who think he's a nutjob. I no longer follow US politics closely, but I'd love somebody independent to break that down. Is he lying, is he grossly exaggerating or is what he's saying largely true? I for one, have no clue.

16 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I have American friends who think he's a nutjob. I no longer follow US politics closely, but I'd love somebody independent to break that down. Is he lying, is he grossly exaggerating or is what he's saying largely true? I for one, have no clue.

Some people (and I'm sure there are a few who post on here) believe that the conspiracy theories that he promotes have at least some credibility, some believe in them passionately, but I have yet to find hard evidence that supports any of them, and some have been repeatedly debunked forensically over the years. The article below has a fairly comprehensive list of those theories, which you might find helpful :-

https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2023/10/10/rfk-jr-launches-independent-2024-run-here-are-all-the-conspiracies-he-promotes-from-vaccines-to-mass-shootings/?sh=71568b5d3cef

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Some people (and I'm sure there are a few who post on here) believe that the conspiracy theories that he promotes have at least some credibility, some believe in them passionately, but I have yet to find hard evidence that supports any of them, and some have been repeatedly debunked forensically over the years. The article below has a fairly comprehensive list of those theories, which you might find helpful :-

https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2023/10/10/rfk-jr-launches-independent-2024-run-here-are-all-the-conspiracies-he-promotes-from-vaccines-to-mass-shootings/?sh=71568b5d3cef

Sorry, I should have been clearer, I just meant the Blackrock malarkey. Whether they do own all those companies and all have invested in Ukraine since the war started. Shouldn't be too difficult to research for some journo.

12 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Sorry, I should have been clearer, I just meant the Blackrock malarkey. Whether they do own all those companies and all have invested in Ukraine since the war started. Shouldn't be too difficult to research for some journo.

Gotcha. Given his track record, I'd be surprised if its what he says , but I wait with baited breath for a full exposé.....

Bitcoin at around £41k, despite the global attempts to shut it down, shows how powerful the technology remains. And Ether heading towards £2500 too. The biggest disappointment in the UK was the original promise you'd be able to buy a Tesla using Bitcoin, but the climate lobby put a stop to that. But, because of that, they should let you buy with Ether instead. There are plenty of countries where you can use crypto as an everyday thing, but we're still waiting.

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

The biggest disappointment in the UK was the original promise you'd be able to buy a Tesla using Bitcoin, but the climate lobby put a stop to that.

So Elon Musk is the climate lobby now? So hard to keep up

they should let you buy with Ether instead

Use dogecoin bro (high five!)

image.png.938ef8d17cdcd26102c403eb9176e97f.png

There are plenty of countries where you can use crypto as an everyday thing

There are two where it is legal tender. El Salvador and Central African Republic 

It's not illegal to use BTC in the UK, or any number of western countries. The reason it's not widely used to buy everyday things has been discussed. Price volatility is the main one.

But you can buy cars with Bitcoin in the UK if you really want to. Yet more mince being chatted by our resident brain

https://cryptoemporium.com/automotive/cars/

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Bitcoin at around £41k, despite the global attempts to shut it down, shows how powerful the technology remains. And Ether heading towards £2500 too. The biggest disappointment in the UK was the original promise you'd be able to buy a Tesla using Bitcoin, but the climate lobby put a stop to that. But, because of that, they should let you buy with Ether instead. There are plenty of countries where you can use crypto as an everyday thing, but we're still waiting.

Damn it. Another barrier to me buying a Tesla. 😀

On 13/02/2024 at 09:42, Bob The Badger said:

I have american friends that think trump is fruitcake and biden is senile 🤷😂

but hey ….trump has finally seen the light 😉

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

51k …. Halving in 60 days

prize for the first person that can tell me the price of bitcoin when i started this thread 😉😘🚀

Around $35k but of course it got to around $65k back end of 2021. I do think that was based on retail money rather than the institutional interest it now seems to be attracting

Still can't make my mind up if the ETF is a good thing or not & how it will ultimately reflect on the Bitcoin bull run - certainly the gold ETF seems to be used by 'actors' to artificially suppress the price with 'paper gold' & my concern is the same thing might happen with BTC, Will also be interesting to see the effect of the halving, seeing some wild price predictions out there based on previous price hikes but I think the asset is intrinsically different now to 2020, 2016 etc, Anyroad, HODL to the moon 👍

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Trump accepts Bitcoin? Just the sort of endorsement you need. 😅

I know right 🤦

but joking aside .. wasnt long ago he was against it.. not though now the biggest financial institutions on the planet are backing and buying it .. he like everyone else will have to accept that now it is offically a recognised store of value

and as iv been saying since the start of this

its the only one that beats inflation (into the ground) and has a finite and capped supply

Ill let everyine catch up lol

but joking aside.. once u see it.. u cant unsee it

welcome to the dark side me friends lol 

Edited by NottsRam77

4 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Around $35k but of course it got to around $65k back end of 2021. I do think that was based on retail money rather than the institutional interest it now seems to be attracting

Still can't make my mind up if the ETF is a good thing or not & how it will ultimately reflect on the Bitcoin bull run - certainly the gold ETF seems to be used by 'actors' to artificially suppress the price with 'paper gold' & my concern is the same thing might happen with BTC, Will also be interesting to see the effect of the halving, seeing some wild price predictions out there based on previous price hikes but I think the asset is intrinsically different now to 2020, 2016 etc, Anyroad, HODL to the moon 👍

I started it at 19k 🚀

I thinl etf investment is huge.. already btc left on exchanges are at a all time low.

etfs alone are buying up on a bad day double the amount of daily mined btc and on a good day 10 times.

that mined amount is going to get slashed in half in less than 60 days time

im not here to give anyone financial advice … but i know what im doing 

as u say buddy.. hodle to the moon