World of crypto

NottsRam77

31 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Out of interest, what exchange do you use and what type of wallet?

I have a Bitstamp account but never used it

I buy off nexo and sometimes revolute.

i sometimes store a little on nexo cos they pay interest for u just holding it on their platform…  they make their money by providing liquidity to trading platforms.

i do stress though i store the vast majority of my btc in cold storage aka a ledger.

(not ur keys not ur crypto is a common saying.. and its true)

while nexo have insurance and ur assets are covered up to 85k or something like that and revolute are effectively a bank i still like to be sure i hold the majorit of my crypto.

i use revolute as a go between from my main bank and the crypto world.

some banks dont like u sending money to exchanges and so i use revolute as a middle man. Theres no fees on fiat so its just another level of being careful from my point of view

that being said, both my main banks hsbc and starling have recently issued statements saying they allow crypto purchases butu can only buy so much.. so thats their way of saying we cant do anything about it… cos before they were dead set against it

I could probably just go from hsbc to nexo but im in the habit and it works for me.

one reason i like nexo over any other is that u get 1 free withdrawl of btc / month so it costs me nothing to move to my ledger .. i leave it in for a bit to get interest to cover the purchasing fee .. then i feel like iv won lol

but thats just me lol

On 08/09/2023 at 16:22, The Last Post said:

He'll be dead before his sentence is complete 😁

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66752785

Jesus,  that brings a whole new meaning to doing time 

oh for punishments like this over here

quite funny in a way .. he stole millions from people, ran away and got caught and banged up

yet our banks and politicians are stealing millions from the public coffers daily right infront of us and get away with it scot free lol

this country 😭

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Jesus,  that brings a whole new meaning to doing time 

oh for punishments like this over here

quite funny in a way .. he stole millions from people, ran away and got caught and banged up

yet our banks and politicians are stealing millions from the public coffers daily right infront of us and get away with it scot free lol

this country 😭

Sentences like that just make a mockery of the whole system though. What’s the point of saying 11,000 years? Before long, someone in the US will probably be sentenced for a million years.

If you want someone to remain in prison for the rest of their lives just give them a whole life sentence which, we do of course, have in this country.

57 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Sentences like that just make a mockery of the whole system though. What’s the point of saying 11,000 years? Before long, someone in the US will probably be sentenced for a million years.

If you want someone to remain in prison for the rest of their lives just give them a whole life sentence which, we do of course, have in this country.

True 

Is it something to do with legal terms

i dont know im no expert … but can life sentences still be challenged .. or don't actually mean life .. mean like 40 years and can still be out with good behaviour so a 1123 year sentence will literally mean life… or is it just for meida sensationalism?

i dont know 

for certain crimes and cases i still think there should be the death penalty where theres zero element of doubt

but i know this is controversial etc etc

Edited by NottsRam77

57 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

True 

Is it something to do with legal terms

i dont know im no expert … but can life sentences still be challenged .. or don't actually mean life .. mean like 40 years and can still be out with good behaviour so a 1123 year sentence will literally mean life… or is it just for meida sensationalism?

i dont know 

for certain crimes and cases i still think there should be the death penalty where theres zero element of doubt

but i know this is controversial etc etc

Whole life means whole life with no chance of early release/parole I believe.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

With good behaviour he'll be out in 5000 years, So much for Turkish punishment 😁

Banks and governments were always going to clamp down on crypto and they will do so in increment stages as oppose to a January 1st blanket ban. It's why I firmly believe despite what others may think, it will never be a widely adopted currency.

If anything, the dollar, pound, euro etc. will become digital only currencies and you will then be fully restricted by what you can purchase.

The only way to buy crypto will be to somehow move money over to the Cayman Islands and buy it from an account out there, it's already too complicated for everyday Joe to think I'll buy some Bitcoin today and pop it in a digital wallet with no prior knowledge of how to.

9 minutes ago, David said:

t's already too complicated for everyday Joe to think I'll buy some Bitcoin today and pop it in a digital wallet with no prior knowledge of how to.

Agree, but then I'm easily flummoxed

Jesus - I had a weekend in Withernsea and spent 5 minutes furiously tapping my debit card on the card reader in Heron Foods before I realised that chip & pin hadn't made it to the backwaters of the UK. 

9 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Agree, but then I'm easily flummoxed

Jesus - I had a weekend in Withernsea and spent 5 minutes furiously tapping my debit card on the card reader in Heron Foods before I realised that chip & pin hadn't made it to the backwaters of the UK. 

Try going to Belper, they trade in buttons and bottle caps over there

• 3 weeks later...