World of crypto

NottsRam77

8 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Thought id reply to this now to help distract myself from todays football 🙈😭

your right inflation has been around forever … historically in this country at in and around the BOE 2% target… with some exceptions. ( like now)

i totally agree re property, imo thats as safe a place as u could possibly put your money. History says that despite a couple of crashes (nothing is immune from macro economic factors) property is a good bet to protect ur moneys value.

But thats this country… where we are fortunate. We have a pretty resilient economy and a stable political system.

There are countries all over the world who dont have this and their currencies are losing value by the month against the dollar….. so how do they protect their money? 

As i said we are lucky comparatively but even we are seeing the effects of high inflation and what that brings. More importantly we are seeing what it does to the pound in our pocket. 

lets say u cant buy a property to invest in? What cab the average jo do to save for the future? Where or what can they invest in that will offer a safe haven against inflation.

As for other alternatives.

no one knows the future and im not going to pretend to know any different.

All i know is that there are 1000s and 1000s of other cryptos and not one of them have been able to offer anything near what btc is

The bitcoin network isnt owned by anyone person, company, group of people… its permissionless, totally transparent, transferable anywhere in the world in a few seconds. It cant be controlled, manipulated or shut down.

its the biggest open ledger on the plannet, accessible and viewable by anyone. Its supply is finite, it cant be added to, diluted or hacked.

its digital gold

back in 19th century if someone wanted to gift music, knowledge and wealth they would give an instrument, books and a block of gold.

in the 21st centuary u would now give them Spotify, the internet and bitcoin

its the future of money 

All valid points but, as I said, what is to stop someone launching an alternative to Bitcoin in 5, 10, 15 years time? I’m still to be convinced that Bitcoin is quite the safe AND inflation proof investment you’re suggesting.

In the early part of the 21st century you might give people Spotify and Bitcoin but in the latter part you might give them XYZCoin (or whatever the next generation is called) and whatever replaces Spotify.

I think it’s a very, very long way off being the future of money (if it ever is).  Are the general public (rather than just the big shot investors) in all the countries much worse hit by inflation likely to be able to understand the transparency and access the viewable Bitcoin ledgers any time soon? Will Bitcoin ever be the future of currency when the countries with relatively resilient economies and stable political systems don’t really need it? Sad, but a fact, if such a monetary system isn’t widely embraced by the powerful economies it’s going to struggle to replace the existing systems.

I admire your passion for this product but don’t quite get your apparent mission to convert us all.

In the meantime, I share your desire to find an distraction from today’s result. 😀

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

All valid points but, as I said, what is to stop someone launching an alternative to Bitcoin in 5, 10, 15 years time? I’m still to be convinced that Bitcoin is quite the safe AND inflation proof investment you’re suggesting.

In the early part of the 21st century you might give people Spotify and Bitcoin but in the latter part you might give them XYZCoin (or whatever the next generation is called) and whatever replaces Spotify.

I think it’s a very, very long way off being the future of money (if it ever is).  Are the general public (rather than just the big shot investors) in all the countries much worse hit by inflation likely to be able to understand the transparency and access the viewable Bitcoin ledgers any time soon? Will Bitcoin ever be the future of currency when the countries with relatively resilient economies and stable political systems don’t really need it? Sad, but a fact, if such a monetary system isn’t widely embraced by the powerful economies it’s going to struggle to replace the existing systems.

I admire your passion for this product but don’t quite get your apparent mission to convert us all.

In the meantime, I share your desire to find an distraction from today’s result. 😀

Oh im not trying to convert anyone lol

each to your own as they say. 

just think its an interesting subject.. the whole space and the macro factors affecting us all 

21 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Oh im not trying to convert anyone lol

each to your own as they say. 

just think its an interesting subject.. the whole space and the macro factors affecting us all 

Wouldn't it be just as easy to invest in the $!

33 minutes ago, Rev said:

Wouldn't it be just as easy to invest in the $!

In the dollar???

are u serious .. have u not listened to a word iv said 😂😂😂

image.gif.90a8360f01af46ae675b391a26009929.gif

yer if u want to invest in a currency thats getting as readily diluted and inflated as our own go nuts lol

🙈🤦

https://www.cityam.com/almost-a-fifth-of-all-us-dollars-were-created-this-year/

Edited by NottsRam77

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/08/2023 at 00:10, cstand said:

image.thumb.png.bb0c895182d508e076f4c23a2e94edbd.png

And ? 

bitcoin operates in 4 yearly cycles … formed around part of its inbuilt programming known as the halving.

see if u can find the same chart for the price end of last cylce 😉

ill save u the bother.. btc topped at 19k … it then finished its next cycle with a top of 69k 

its currently sat at 27.9k and we’re about 6-8 months away from the next halving. 

And ……. this just happend. 

https://twitter.com/asafgivoli/status/1696585275357483499?s=21&t=FkaHf3nLnIJasRPOllXg2g

With this ruling one of the 3 biggest asset management firms on the planet will be able to add btc to their clients pension pots should they so desire

side note… greyscale have access to something to the tune of 30 trillion dollars 

think thats called adoption

Edited by NottsRam77

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

And ? 

bitcoin operates in 4 yearly cycles … formed around part of its inbuilt programming known as the halving.

see if u can find the same chart for the price end of last cylce 😉

ill save u the bother.. btc topped at 19k … it then finished its next cycle with a top of 69k 

its currently sat at 27.9k and we’re about 6-8 months away from the next halving. 

And ……. this just happend. 

https://twitter.com/asafgivoli/status/1696585275357483499?s=21&t=FkaHf3nLnIJasRPOllXg2g

With this ruling one of the 3 biggest asset management firms on the planet will be able to add btc to their clients pension pots should they so desire

side note… greyscale have access to something to the tune of 30 trillion dollars 

think thats called adoption

If you think that just because people can access Bitcoin through an ETF that they are suddenly going to rush out and buy it think again. 

1 hour ago, cstand said:

If you think that just because people can access Bitcoin through an ETF that they are suddenly going to rush out and buy it think again. 

Did i say that?

Its just another form of adoption… just keep stacking them to the pile

Just out of interest do u know what the use case for a bitcoin ETF is? 

genuine question 👍

Edited by NottsRam77

5 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Did i say that?

Its just another form of adoption… just keep stacking them to the pile

Just out of interest do u know what the use case for a bitcoin ETF is? 

genuine question 👍

It’s to give Bitcoin pumpers some kind of credibility so they can pump it even more. 

2 hours ago, cstand said:

It’s to give Bitcoin pumpers some kind of credibility so they can pump it even more. 

For the record if i or anyone else were looking to pump bitcoin the time wouldnt be now… it would be in the top of the bull run to help me exit my position.

anyone long term holding btc as i am aint selling s*** 6-8 months before the halving and having only just exited the bear market 

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

For the record if i or anyone else were looking to pump bitcoin the time wouldnt be now… it would be in the top of the bull run to help me exit my position.

anyone long term holding btc as i am aint selling s*** 6-8 months before the halving and having only just exited the bear market 

How successful are you being with your Avon, Tupperware and Prudential enterprises? Ann Summers parties are the next big thing I understand. Get in early.

21 hours ago, i-Ram said:

How successful are you being with your Avon, Tupperware and Prudential enterprises? Ann Summers parties are the next big thing I understand. Get in early.

Lol 

im not trying to sell anyone anything.

i started this topic to discuss bitcoin, the bigger macro picture and whats happening to the money in our pockets or pension pots.(more specifically mine) 

it took me a long time to realise but when u take a step back its there for all to see, money printing, currency debasement, inflation tax etc etc

hence why iv put a small portion of my savings into bitcoin. I wanted to gage others opinions and share what i have learnt. 

Edited by NottsRam77

Silver is a better long term investment to store value than Bitcoin as its safer, a tangible asset and will be in demand in the future because its needed in renewable energy technologies.  I don't have the knowledge but lots of things like alcohol, paintings and rare watches can be used as a more safe store of value with less margin for a quick profit but alot more safe.

On 03/09/2023 at 13:03, NottsRam77 said:

This popped up on my twitter feed that is in topic with this 

Ill call it the bigger picture 👍

image.png.d2babb877a2685ce946fb153c773d5d1.png

note what i have discussed about 4 yearly cycles and price action 

It's the volatility that scares people though - me probably more than most, admittedly.

I've just picked one year - 2021 - which looks good overall on your post but when you see that during that year, the price doubled and then halved again, TWICE, I'm not sure I'd have got any sleep if I'd got a big investment in it.

5 hours ago, Wolfie said:

It's the volatility that scares people though - me probably more than most, admittedly.

I've just picked one year - 2021 - which looks good overall on your post but when you see that during that year, the price doubled and then halved again, TWICE, I'm not sure I'd have got any sleep if I'd got a big investment in it.

Totally … aint lying its a rollercoaster lol

but to be brutally honest iv bought all i intend to…. Im invested but not by any stretch over committed, and always advise anyone to do research before aping in.

iv set my timeframe when i will look to start to consider taking profits (18 months ish imo) unless i decide to hang it and hold it through to the following halving.

what it does inbetween, up , down , left right im not bothered about

im not selling it now so what it does is til that point is totally irrelevant

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Totally … aint lying its a rollercoaster lol

but to be brutally honest iv bought all i intend to…. Im invested but not by any stretch over committed, and always advise anyone to do research before aping in.

iv set my timeframe when i will look to start to consider taking profits (18 months ish imo) unless i decide to hang it and hold it through to the following halving.

what it does inbetween, up , down , left right im not bothered about

im not selling it now so what it does is til that point is totally irrelevant

Hypothetically, if it lost all its value, are you in trouble?