Can we assume MM is a rich man

Curtains

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Good post 

What about the fact their are players out of contract and the squad may be weaker as well next season .

I personally think we will rely on the Academy even more now. 

It will be academy if we don’t have a new owner. The wage budget is probably now one of the lowest in the championship. Was 14 million now prob even less so wages are at a premium. The free transfer market looks incredible this season you could get a half decent squad of free transfers. One of the academy lads will go hopefully for 10 million plus. Transfer fees will be nowhere near what they normally are so there will be a handful of teams paying more than 3 million a player as no one has the money apart from the relegated clubs. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

It will be academy if we don’t have a new owner. The wage budget is probably now one of the lowest in the championship. Was 14 million now prob even less so wages are at a premium. The free transfer market looks incredible this season you could get a half decent squad of free transfers. One of the academy lads will go hopefully for 10 million plus. Transfer fees will be nowhere near what they normally are so there will be a handful of teams paying more than 3 million a player as no one has the money apart from the relegated clubs. 

Another good post 

I’m off out now but this has been a good debate. 

Just now, Curtains said:

Another good post 

I’m off out now but this has been a good debate. 

have a good one I’m taking the kids out. Also with any new owner if they have the brains and put the roof on even more revenue in to the club to be used for non football when the season finished. Actually use pride park for more than just football 

17 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

So you don’t think to buy a club the size of Derby is worth 40 million then when the like if Burnley went for 150 million I think. 40 million and with good recruitment and personnel this club is geared for the premiership. Just needs someone to be able to get us there. Oxford went for near 20 million in league 1 with there restrictions and your saying we aren’t worth more than that 

The price of a business is all to do with profit and turnover. Burnley, at the moment, have a massive turnover compared to ours and are guaranteed to have for thee years due to parachute payments. The new owners could asset strip and take the TV money and earn more than they spent buying Burnley. Not possible at Derby.

6 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

The free transfer market looks incredible this season you could get a half decent squad of free transfers. One of the academy lads will go hopefully for 10 million plus.

There's no flaw in your logic then?

4 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

have a good one I’m taking the kids out. Also with any new owner if they have the brains and put the roof on even more revenue in to the club to be used for non football when the season finished. Actually use pride park for more than just football 

Yea, be great to have a Baseball Ground pitch back to play on ?

34 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

So you don’t think to buy a club the size of Derby is worth 40 million then when the like if Burnley went for 150 million I think. 40 million and with good recruitment and personnel this club is geared for the premiership. Just needs someone to be able to get us there. Oxford went for near 20 million in league 1 with there restrictions and your saying we aren’t worth more than that 

No, 'm not saying any of that. I have no clue what any football club is worth (the answer is what some one is prepared to pay for it, I guess). However, a debt free Oxford (if it is?) is worth more than a debt riddled Derby.

But you also did very much support the point I made in my first para. These are millions, tens of millions, we are discussing. This sort of money doesn't pass from hand to hand without very careful consideration and there are only a very small few who are anywhere near equipped to make it happen. It's a little bit more nuanced than "we must be worth a punt from someone".

31 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But we now live in a financial climate, despite Covid, where the world has gone mad. I nearly choked on my cornflakes when I heard how much Mayweather and Logan Paul are getting for what is just an exhibition fight, £150 million plus each I think. In the scale of things 60 million for the Rams might seem chicken feed for some big investors who might see some potential in the club. 

It doesn't look they way, does it? We've had two tyre kickers who've been treated like royalty just for pretending they have some money and we've had a few veiled promises of dream suitors but they remain ghosts.

There is so much risk at the moment I can't see why anyone would want to do anything other than a fire sale option for a club. Why would anyone want to buy a football club now, with so much uncertainty around revenue streams. Let alone one like Derby that might have all the infrastructure but is on seriously shaky ground (allegedly).

3 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

It doesn't look they way, does it? We've had two tyre kickers who've been treated like royalty just for pretending they have some money and we've had a few veiled promises of dream suitors but they remain ghosts.

There is so much risk at the moment I can't see why anyone would want to do anything other than a fire sale option for a club. Why would anyone want to buy a football club now, with so much uncertainty around revenue streams. Let alone one like Derby that might have all the infrastructure but is on seriously shaky ground (allegedly).

But there are people who buy football clubs, someone just bought Wigan, someone else Ipswich. Don’t ask me why but they do. Hopefully we will get the right buyer for us and quickly...

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But there are people who buy football clubs, someone just bought Wigan, someone else Ipswich. Don’t ask me why but they do. Hopefully we will get the right buyer for us and quickly...

I hope so too, it's going to be a grim old time until we do.

On 15/05/2021 at 22:44, enachops said:

You’re damn right he’s being derided and moaned at. He’s run this great club into the ground. Possibly the worst owner in our history. We’re a shambles and him and Pearce have let it happen. Do you think he deserves our praises?? 

thats a personal opinion. my point was none of the big moaners were sticking knife in when he bought club and was spending millions . and who else were we expecting to take on a championship club abrahamovic etc. what we all need to do is get a shot of reality were in a mess we can get out of it hopefully. lets not make it worse by listening to Nixon or stupid so called in the knows and ex red prutton who always run us down. we were not whinging the day we beat forest 5-0 very very fickle some are.

5 minutes ago, islandram said:

thats a personal opinion. my point was none of the big moaners were sticking knife in when he bought club and was spending millions . and who else were we expecting to take on a championship club abrahamovic etc. what we all need to do is get a shot of reality were in a mess we can get out of it hopefully. lets not make it worse by listening to Nixon or stupid so called in the knows and ex red prutton who always run us down. we were not whinging the day we beat forest 5-0 very very fickle some are.

Too right we weren’t moaning when we beat Forest 5 Nil. Morris didn’t get the keys till 3 months later. You lonely on that Island?

6 minutes ago, islandram said:

Only half an argument, none of us  expected him to put out club in jeopardy, it's not like there were any riots outside PP.  We get to see what goes on on the pitch, we trusted a fan owner, none of us expected that we were using unique accounting methods to cope, none of us thought he would sell the club to any old chancer, none of us thought he would get so disillusioned that he wouldn't support the club financially, none of us demanded he signed the players he did for the price he paid, none of us thought he would take the ground off the club.

Fans will always be ambitious but did you really expect any of us to have the knowledge to say, 'the Butterfield guy is ok but I am very worried that we have overpaid and this is the type of deal that could put the club in jeopardy'.  Some may have said, 'that looks a bit expensive but in Mel we trust'. 

TBH I have seen the phrase 'in Mel we trust' many times, not recently though

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

When we beat Forest 5-0 they were under embargo with a team of loans from Chile and all over the shop. We were on the crest of a wave . We are not laughing now. 

They are not in a much better state than we are and likely to get worse looking at the last set of financial results and ageing bloated squad. Be even better if the law catches up with the owner 

56 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

When we beat Forest 5-0 they were under embargo with a team of loans from Chile and all over the shop. We were on the crest of a wave . We are not laughing now. 

Forest starting starting 11 that day we’re: Darlow, Jara, Fox, Greening, Lascelles, Collins, Mackie, Moussi, Cox, Majewski and Paterson. 

Not many South American names there apart from Jara). ?

On 16/05/2021 at 13:46, Jimbo Ram said:

Yep, third time lucky .......or third time 'a mature and realistic offer to buy DCFC' 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived