What next?

Topram

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rotherham have 3 games to make up four points, therefore you have to think that even in the best case scenario they end up on roughly the same points. I can't imagine they will lose all three games, personally, but they're very unlikely to win all three as well. If they do, however, I will make a lot of money on the back of those winning games - starting with the small fortune I stand to win if they get all three points tonight. Middlesbrough haven't won in 5 games either and look like they're happy to half-heart it until the end of the season. 

You have to say that based on the last couple of performances in particular, we just don't have anything about us. We simply can't score goals from open play. 14 goals from open play in 43 Championship matches is on target to go down as the worst return for a second division side since they started keeping records. It's probably the worst since the birth of the Championship. I mean, I don't think it can be understated just how awful that particular stat is - for me it's more egregious than obtaining 11 points in 38 Premier League games. 

The team is completely in the hands of a new owner that talks a big game, but is a complete unknown. The few claims he's made have been debunked. It seems like another charlatan like the fake Sheikh but Mel is so desperate to rid himself of this club that I honestly don't think he cares any more. Nevertheless, I wouldn't at this point be surprised if this one fell through either. 

It's depressing to think there have been Derby fans die during covid with THIS being the lasting memory of the team they've supported throughout their whole life. An owner desperate to get out, academy players being thrown into the deep end and surviving on loan players to get us through - all whilst peddling a publicity stunt manager with absolutely no experience.  The club is well and truly on its arse. 

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Rotherham have 3 games to make up four points, therefore you have to think that even in the best case scenario they end up on roughly the same points. I can't imagine they will lose all three games, personally, but they're very unlikely to win all three as well. If they do, however, I will make a lot of money on the back of those winning games - starting with the small fortune I stand to win if they get all three points tonight. Middlesbrough haven't won in 5 games either and look like they're happy to half-heart it until the end of the season. 

You have to say that based on the last couple of performances in particular, we just don't have anything about us. We simply can't score goals from open play. 14 goals from open play in 43 Championship matches is on target to go down as the worst return for a second division side since they started keeping records. It's probably the worst since the birth of the Championship. I mean, I don't think it can be understated just how awful that particular stat is - for me it's more egregious than obtaining 11 points in 38 Premier League games. 

The team is completely in the hands of a new owner that talks a big game, but is a complete unknown. The few claims he's made have been debunked. It seems like another charlatan like the fake Sheikh but Mel is so desperate to rid himself of this club that I honestly don't think he cares any more. Nevertheless, I wouldn't at this point be surprised if this one fell through either. 

It's depressing to think there have been Derby fans die during covid with THIS being the lasting memory of the team they've supported throughout their whole life. An owner desperate to get out, academy players being thrown into the deep end and surviving on loan players to get us through - all whilst peddling a publicity stunt manager with absolutely no experience.  The club is well and truly on its arse. 

If they were to lose tonight we would still have a glimmer of hope but I think they will win their home games v Boro and Blackburn which will be enough...

3 hours ago, falconram said:

Gibson must be rubbing his hands and a big grin on his face, give it to Rotherham tonight lads, there you go MM what goes around 

Do you seriously believe that Steve Gibson would instruct the Middlesbrough payers, either directly or via Warnock, to lose to Rotherham ? I really hope you meant it as  a joke.

3 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

Do you seriously believe that Steve Gibson would instruct the Middlesbrough payers, either directly or via Warnock, to lose to Rotherham ? I really hope you meant it as  a joke.

No but Gibson said he could only afford a cheap hotel next to the M1 and the players had to run all the way there 

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Rotherham have 3 games to make up four points.....

No - Rotherham have 6 games to make up 4 points if we continue our losing streak - and if last night's performance is anything to go by, I honestly can't see us getting another point.....

Just now, Gaspode said:

No - Rotherham have 6 games to make up 4 points if we continue our losing streak - and if last night's performance is anything to go by, I honestly can't see us getting another point.....

I can’t either....a goal would be nice...

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If they were to lose tonight we would still have a glimmer of hope but I think they will win their home games v Boro and Blackburn which will be enough...

If they lose tonight, it's down to 50% chance of going down.  

No more stroking it around the back four on 83 minutes when we’re 2-0 down.

No more Lee Buchanan playing it diagonally backwards every time he receives the ball. Get down that ducking wing mate and cross the ball like you’ve been practicing for 10 years.

No more free kicks in an attacking position that end up back with our keeper.

Please lads just do the basics well. Pass, move, cross and shoot, close down with intensity, you are professional footballers, not the Kings Arms Sunday X1.

2 hours ago, Arsene Titman said:

Neil Warnock has made two changes to his Middlesbrough team at Rotherham - but the talking point is who is missing rather than who plays.

Britt Assombalonga, Ashley Fletcher, Djed Spence, Hayden Coulson and Darnell Fisher are all absent from the squad at the New York Stadium.

The five outfield players on the bench haven't played a league minute for Boro between them.

not much of a joke

2 hours ago, Arsene Titman said:

Yes I do mean it as a joke but Gibson will be grinning from ear to ear should we go down

Archived