What next?

Topram

I don’t know where to start really, tonight I expected us to grind something out the game and show a little fight, in 90 minutes we showed 5 minutes fight that was it, we rolled over it’s utterly embarrassing to watch it’s hurtful to watch! 

It’s hard to know what next with us still not sure what division we will be playing it but with each game passing it’s getting likely we will be playing in league 1.

First I think our only real chance of staying up now is Rooney going and us hopefully having a quick manager bounce like brum, I can’t see Rotherham not picking up points from the games in hand especially one being Boro Steve Gibson would love to send us down... although Rooney won’t get sacked or walk ...

Stay up- massive changes Massive  over haul needed would we have the money to do what’s needed or would we just be in this position again? I don’t think we’d be capable of changing much to be honest.

league one- would it be bad? Least we’d have a chance of a trophy even if it is the papa johns pizza what ever, would we be  able to build a squad for a fast return? 

A lot over the last 24/48 hours has been said about that fans are what make a club but if we go down none of these players or staff would pay for it? They’d either get a big pay out or a move elsewhere on silly money they don’t deserve, it’s the fans us that’ll pay for it, the ones that don’t deserve it! Our club was destined to get back to the big time a few years ago now we are heading for dark days, it’s so sad, it’s frustrating it’s unfair on the fans! We deserve better!

so What next?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Topram said:

I don’t know where to start really, tonight I expected us to grind something out the game and show a little fight, in 90 minutes we showed 5 minutes fight that was it, we rolled over it’s utterly embarrassing to watch it’s hurtful to watch! 

It’s hard to know what next with us still not sure what division we will be playing it but with each game passing it’s getting likely we will be playing in league 1.

First I think our only real chance of staying up now is Rooney going and us hopefully having a quick manager bounce like brum, I can’t see Rotherham not picking up points from the games in hand especially one being Boro Steve Gibson would love to send us down... although Rooney won’t get sacked or walk ...

Stay up- massive changes Massive  over haul needed would we have the money to do what’s needed or would we just be in this position again? I don’t think we’d be capable of changing much to be honest.

league one- would it be bad? Least we’d have a chance of a trophy even if it is the papa johns pizza what ever, would we be  able to build a squad for a fast return? 

A lot over the last 24/48 hours has been said about that fans are what make a club but if we go down none of these players or staff would pay for it? They’d either get a big pay out or a move elsewhere on silly money they don’t deserve, it’s the fans us that’ll pay for it, the ones that don’t deserve it! Our club was destined to get back to the big time a few years ago now we are heading for dark days, it’s so sad, it’s frustrating it’s unfair on the fans! We deserve better!

so What next?

We can’t sack Rooney, Mel isn’t going to pay him off. However, it is obvious now he can’t get the team functioning in any shape or form. So he is a negative influence who needs to be taken out of the equation. Put him on gardening leave until the end of the season and put Mac in charge for the final 3 games...

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We can’t sack Rooney, Mel isn’t going to pay him off. However, it is obvious now he can’t get the team functioning in any shape or form. So he is a negative influence who needs to be taken out of the equation. Put him on gardening leave until the end of the season and put Mac in charge for the final 3 games...

The pay off is the problem yes but what’s worth more us staying up or paying Rooney off 

Derby = Wigan. Vultures will be picking our ' reasonable' players from Academy and first team for next to nothing. We haven't any good players. Very sad for all our genuine supporters. First division beckons with perhaps no owner and hopefully no Rooney. Is it all gloom ?. NO! We will be back . It will take a time but DCFC will become a team which other teams fans will admire (except florist). At the moment reading other forums they really hate us and many want us to be relegated following what happened earlier in the season. I will support DCFC in whatever division because I would love to see them back in the Premiership before I leave this mortal coil! 

1 hour ago, eccles the ram said:

Derby = Wigan. Vultures will be picking our ' reasonable' players from Academy and first team for next to nothing. We haven't any good players. Very sad for all our genuine supporters. First division beckons with perhaps no owner and hopefully no Rooney. Is it all gloom ?. NO! We will be back . It will take a time but DCFC will become a team which other teams fans will admire (except florist). At the moment reading other forums they really hate us and many want us to be relegated following what happened earlier in the season. I will support DCFC in whatever division because I would love to see them back in the Premiership before I leave this mortal coil! 

The vultures picked off Wigan's best assets because they went into administration. "Everything must go".

Unless we go into admin (extremely unlikely), then it's not something to worry about.

21 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The vultures picked off Wigan's best assets because they went into administration. "Everything must go".

Unless we go into admin (extremely unlikely), then it's not something to worry about.

Why is it extremely unlikely we go into administration?

1 hour ago, eccles the ram said:

Lets be honest what have we got that clubs are going to pick off,Beilik possible but he is injury prone another George Thorne in waiting.

Dont say the young acadamy players that have broken through none of them have proved they are good enough and man enough for this division

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Your stats all rely on Morris continuing to prop us up financially don't they?

The worst case scenario stated £8m cash to be injected to keep us going (after sales). If Mel doesn't have the money to cover those losses, we'd sell the likes of Sibley, Knight, Buchanan and Bird before even contemplating admin.

Variables not considered were: RamsTV income; changes to sponsorship since 17/18; reductions in compensation due for Cocu; how much ST doesn't need refunding; changes to commercial/hospitality income; money due from the stadium sale.

All factors considered, I'll be truly shocked if we go into admin.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The worst case scenario stated £8m cash to be injected to keep us going (after sales). If Mel doesn't have the money to cover those losses, we'd sell the likes of Sibley, Knight, Buchanan and Bird before even contemplating admin.

All factors considered, I'll be truly shocked if we go into admin.

If it looks like we're going into admin then there will be a fire sale, as it is few lower league clubs have big money to spend. I'd be shocked if we went into administration, but then I'd have been shocked if we got relegated.

41 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If it looks like we're going into admin then there will be a fire sale, as it is few lower league clubs have big money to spend. I'd be shocked if we went into administration, but then I'd have been shocked if we got relegated.

But it wouldn't be a "fire sale". It would be a process of deciding which offers to accept to raise the most money whilst weakening the team as little as possible (present and future)

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

But it wouldn't be a "fire sale". It would be a process of deciding which offers to accept to raise the most money whilst weakening the team as little as possible (present and future)

Because none of the potential buyers would know we were desperate for cash?

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wish I had your confidence regarding administration 

3 hours ago, eccles the ram said:

Its not the "First Division'...it's the 3rd Division.

Archived