v Stoke City (A) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

On 17/03/2021 at 11:39, Big Trav said:

For me the team picks its self really 

Marshall 

bryne wis clarke fozzy

shinnie knight

roberts sibley lawrence

ckr (if unavailable then waggy I think??)

cba to put the players in their actual places as it’s too much effort. But I think bird needs time in the u23s. I don’t think I’ve seen him look forward for months now. 

I’ve thought bird’S looked quite good when he’s played recently 

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/03/2021 at 11:39, Big Trav said:

For me the team picks itself really 

Marshall ...

Got to admit, ‘the team picks itself’ did raise a wry smile. I think there are say 18 players who have a chance of a start, there are god knows how many different line ups proposed above, and half the fans disagree with the first name on your team sheet ? 

hi all

Maybe I'm missing something, but to do anything other than start with the team that played the 2nd half v Brentford would be supreme folly surely?  If that line up can overcome and almost beat Brentford then surely it's worth trying for the momentum factor?

And if he does, then the bench is then fairly obvious as well I would have thought because Gregory is ineligible today so the other 5 loan players can be included in the matchday squad.

4 more wins!

In Roo we trust!

LR2

16 minutes ago, LondonRam2 said:

hi all

Maybe I'm missing something, but to do anything other than start with the team that played the 2nd half v Brentford would be supreme folly surely?  If that line up can overcome and almost beat Brentford then surely it's worth trying for the momentum factor?

And if he does, then the bench is then fairly obvious as well I would have thought because Gregory is ineligible today so the other 5 loan players can be included in the matchday squad.

4 more wins!

In Roo we trust!

LR2

The team that started the 2nd half to get the first goal, or the team that ended it to get the 2nd? Of course, without one of those players (Gregory) and potentially without another (Kazim)... so not really the team that played in the 2nd half?)

Fair enough, I suppose what I'm suggesting is this:

Roos

Byrne   Mengi   Clarke   Buchanan

Shinnie   Knight

Roberts   Sibley   Lawrence

CKR or Waggy

or a 4-3-3 with Shinnie in the middle with Sibley/Knight either side of him and a front line of Roberts/CKR/Lawrence

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Got to admit, ‘the team picks itself’ did raise a wry smile. I think there are say 18 players who have a chance of a start, there are god knows how many different line ups proposed above, and half the fans disagree with the first name on your team sheet ? 

As for the formation and reverting back to a back 4 ?

1 hour ago, LondonRam2 said:

Fair enough, I suppose what I'm suggesting is this:

Roos

Byrne   Mengi   Clarke   Buchanan

Shinnie   Knight

Roberts   Sibley   Lawrence

CKR or Waggy

or a 4-3-3 with Shinnie in the middle with Sibley/Knight either side of him and a front line of Roberts/CKR/Lawrence

I would go with this, but I would be tempted to play someone other than Waghorn up front, even of they are not a striker.

Just now, RamInSweden said:

I would go with this, but I would be tempted to play someone other than Waghorn up front, even of they are not a striker.

I know what you mean but he is actually better when he goes into the middle. At least he will shoot, even if it is straight at the keeper. You never know, Stoke might have a bandy one ?

13 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I know what you mean but he is actually better when he goes into the middle. At least he will shoot, even if it is straight at the keeper. You never know, Stoke might have a bandy one ?

I think I would risk Cresswell. Just don’t rate Waghorn at all. Start the young lad, and if he isn’t up to it, bring Waghorn on.

3 minutes ago, RamInSweden said:

I think I would risk Cresswell. Just don’t rate Waghorn at all. Start the young lad, and if he isn’t up to it, bring Waghorn on.

I like Cresswell’s attitude. Stretton’s too. I hope they continue their development. Wouldn’t it be exciting to have young forwards not journeymen up front?

15 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I like Cresswell’s attitude. Stretton’s too. I hope they continue their development. Wouldn’t it be exciting to have young forwards not journeymen up front?

Indeed. Stretton looks like a prospect. He seems to have that knack of being in the right place. Prob needs to play in a 2 though, he isnt the biggest.

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Waghorns like one of those utility players where you can play him in a number of positions bit he's equally crap wherever he plays. 

He is living off of the back of one decent season for Ipswich. We seem to spend a lot of money on players that have one good season and then are crap.

Archived