The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

23 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

As from today our factory had stopped all covid rules. Back to normal now, one or two still opting to wear a mask but otherwise  it’s all over. 

We're still on half days to keep social distancing, with the odd extra hour to keep things going out the door. 

2 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Well it is now - I just finally tested positive. I'm pretty much the last person I know what hasn't had it yet

I still know a few, so you're not alone! Get well soon - if indeed you are ill.

3 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Well it is now - I just finally tested positive. I'm pretty much the last person I know what hasn't had it yet

I know a few people who finally caught it in the last month and were not well, and still with tiredness etc a few weeks later. Take it easy.

On 04/05/2022 at 12:25, Stive Pesley said:

Get well soon ?

Gonna make it to the final game tomorrow or still suffering?

On 04/05/2022 at 09:56, TexasRam said:

Done  

E949E446-B29A-4DF0-9AEE-5FE0ED190FE5.png

Up until Omicron I still didn't know anyone that had covid, since the turn of the new year however...

My Brother and his daughter (8) have both had covid.

My Sister, her husband and their son (5) have had covid a couple of times.

My Mum but not my Dad has had covid.

My son (18) has had covid at Uni.

Whereas my other son (14) my wife and I despite being in close contact with all of the above and living a normal life (restaurant, cinema, football, pubs, shopping, etc) have currently avoided it.

Other than a few days feeling under the weather, the only real complications suffered was with my brother-in-law who spent 4 days in hospital last year after his 1st jab with stroke like symptoms. 

23 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Thanks Max

Not going to make it I'm afraid ?

Ah thats a shame, regardless of whats happening behind the scenes, its shaping up to be a bit of a party ?

Take it easy.

On 06/05/2022 at 20:55, Archied said:

I’m guessing he’s been told he has to go back to work?

I've just had a similar conversation with my boss. ?

We've been on a split shift system, only doing four hour mornings or afternoons, to increase social distancing. 

It's worked really well, to the extent that a few weeks ago all the morning shift had Covid at the same time, so continued working if well  enough, and none of the afternoon shift had it, so kept on working with no cross contamination.  

We've been doing 20 hrs a week, but received pay for 40 hrs, which is pretty generous. 

Here's the kicker, when 20 hrs hasn't been quite enough to keep delivery's on track, some of us have been doing another 8-10 hrs on top. 

The first time I did extra hours, yonks ago, I was surprised to see my extra hours had been paid at time and a half for 6 hrs. 

I queried the mistake, only to be told that it wasn't fair to not pay extra cash to those who worked extra hours, seeing as some stuck rigidly to 20 hrs. 

I did think, even so, why pay us time and half, but kept my gob shut. 

As a result, I've been earning 49 hours pay for 26 hours work for the last year or so. 

We also get a twice yearly bonus, based on company earnings and your part in them, which I expected to be cancelled, but they weren't! 

I know Covid has been terrible for most people, but I've bloody loved it, now just need to check into The Betty Ford clinic for a month before I resume the full time life.

5 hours ago, Rev said:

I've just had a similar conversation with my boss. ?

We've been on a split shift system, only doing four hour mornings or afternoons, to increase social distancing. 

It's worked really well, to the extent that a few weeks ago all the morning shift had Covid at the same time, so continued working if well  enough, and none of the afternoon shift had it, so kept on working with no cross contamination.  

We've been doing 20 hrs a week, but received pay for 40 hrs, which is pretty generous. 

Here's the kicker, when 20 hrs hasn't been quite enough to keep delivery's on track, some of us have been doing another 8-10 hrs on top. 

The first time I did extra hours, yonks ago, I was surprised to see my extra hours had been paid at time and a half for 6 hrs. 

I queried the mistake, only to be told that it wasn't fair to not pay extra cash to those who worked extra hours, seeing as some stuck rigidly to 20 hrs. 

I did think, even so, why pay us time and half, but kept my gob shut. 

As a result, I've been earning 49 hours pay for 26 hours work for the last year or so. 

We also get a twice yearly bonus, based on company earnings and your part in them, which I expected to be cancelled, but they weren't! 

I know Covid has been terrible for most people, but I've bloody loved it, now just need to check into The Betty Ford clinic for a month before I resume the full time life.

Its strange. Absence rates during Covid were fairly low in our factory. All other absence disappeared, we got to a point that Covid was the only reason people were off work, apart from long term absence from pre-covid issues.

We averaged around 5% absence against an historical sector wide figure of 4.5% during the 2 years so Covid was not a major factor as such.

Now, we are at 7.5% absence rate with no covid, everyone is off with summat else, more likely they are not testing anymore. All covid absence has gone but general absence is higher than normal.

I have no idea what point I'm trying to make and just hope we don't end up ground sharing with the chip eaters.