The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

Personally, NO. But I don’t believe in god either. I do believe in extra-terrestrials though and my mind is littered with questions for which there is no answer. Then I go and watch Interstellar and end up more confused. 

You?

No i don't.

Aliens are probable in terms of existence and possible in terms of visiting Earth.

I blame the JFK assassination. Obviously a cover up, probably a conspiracy. Along with Roswell unfortunately as led to baseless conspiracy theories since, 

5 minutes ago, sage said:

No i don't.

Aliens are probable in terms of existence and possible in terms of visiting Earth.

I blame the JFK assassination. Obviously a cover up, probably a conspiracy. Along with Roswell unfortunately as led to baseless conspiracy theories since, 

Yes. The Jimmy Saville theory was clearly baseless. 

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

Yes. The Jimmy Saville theory was clearly baseless. 

I didn't say all theories are baseless. Just most of them. 

Not sure Saville was a conspiracy per se. evil, powerful man in different times    

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Because to believe ANYTHING someone says you have to believe EVERYTHING they say?

Not necessarily but it's quite a bold statement to say the Queen is a shape shifting lizard. It's not like agreeing on nationalising the railways but not water companies. Both positions are not beyond reason.  

22 minutes ago, sage said:

I didn't say all theories are baseless. Just most of them. 

Not sure Saville was a conspiracy per se. evil, powerful man in different times    

Its one of the biggest conspiracies in the last 40 years.

The powers that be and big corporations have literally conspired to allow people in positions of power to sexually abuse children with no comeback.

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

History is littered with stories about scientists being ridiculed for their ideas, then later proven to be right

The difference is - scientists back then were motivated by the idea of being "right" - not by the idea of gathering a social media audience and therefore notoriety, and ultimately fame and riches via holding contrary opinions.

Unless you're telling me that Semmelweis was a regular on Talk Radio too ?

It's kind of funny because no matter which direction each of us approach the argument from - we are all actually saying the same thing when you boil it down

You can't trust the messaging you get from anyone who is earning money from that message

That goes for the government, the media, the quacks on Talk Radio et al, and grifters like the Ickes. They all want to control the narrative so that they get rich and famous. They will all literally say anything if it inflates their bank accounts and their egos

Yep fair do s there’s a lot of conflict of interest in the official narrative too with a lot of money being made ,jabs for kids , boosters for rich countries whilst little to no jabs for poorer ones ??‍♂️

57 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

this amuses me. The Ickes generally give their messages/opinions/propaganda away for free, but it was clearly exposing so many people that they were silenced by mainstream media. Ironically, they have to now fund their own platforms, so any money they make is cos they were silenced by the social media companies for going against the narrative.

Interestingly, David Icke exposed Jimmy Saville (and other powerful pedofiles) 12 years before he was officially outed and was ridiculed and discredited by the very same establishments that discredit him now.

I consider the Ickes as close friends, and am slightly offended on their behalf by your generalisation. I am willing to guess you've never listened to a thing Gareth or Jaymie have said, or watched any speech they've ever given, in fact I would predict you have no interest in doing so. That is your prerogative. I however, whilst not always agreeing, do listen and watch. It's funny how almost every prediction since the first mentions of Covid in January 2020, have actually come true, from Lockdowns, to Vaccinations, to Vaccine Passports, to creations of division, to silencing of voices... you name it, they were right.

Fair play to you , I read Ickes first book many years ago ,,,,it doesn’t have to be like this ,, written when he was high in the Green Party ,it was a fantastically researched book and really exposed church and state at the time ??‍♂️,

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Do you actually hope for that?

By the way, I was double-vaccinated back in June. Not sure what that's worth now.

If it means I go away with less risk, then that suits me.

In my line of work I need to be up to date with boosters. I just accept it, it could kill me, but so could the work I do.  We can’t live our lives on a “what if” basis.

As for boosters, I get the Flu booster every year, yes it’s tested and trusted as you’ll say.

How long do the anti Vaxers wait until it’s proven? Genuine question, I have no idea how long it takes normally?

Just now, Boycie said:

In my line of work I need to be up to date with boosters. I just accept it, it could kill me, but so could the work I do.  We can’t live our lives on a “what if” basis.

As for boosters, I get the Flu booster every year, yes it’s tested and trusted as you’ll say.

How long do the anti Vaxers wait until it’s proven? Genuine question, I have no idea how long it takes normally?

I think the term anti-vaxers is harsh and weaponised. To have doubts about ONE experimental gene therapy (being presented as a vaccine), does not equal anti-vaxer.   There are people out there who’ve had every known vaccine being labelled as this!

I have theories about the future timescale and what might happen, but they’re just theories. 

7 minutes ago, Boycie said:

How does a vaccine passport mean you go away with less risk?

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

How does a vaccine passport mean you go away with less risk?

Assume the folk in the Petri dish of an aeroplane have less risk of spreading it about?

Minimise risk in high risk area’s I’d assume?

10 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I’ve had both original covid jabs in May. Didn’t stop me getting Omicron and I won’t be getting anymore. 

It’s neither justified or proportionate for me to get one basically every six months for a minor cold that has almost no chance of making me severely ill.

Others are different, I think boosters are a great option for those who are vulnerable, but me personally I won’t be continuing with it. 

Also - comments like those made my Trudeau, and in this country Blair and Javid, make me less likely to comply. People don’t react well to be coerced, threatened or scapegoated. 

It's your choice if you have jabs/boosters but if you're around other people who maybe vulnerable it would be most considerate if you could wear a mask ?.