The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Phew, what a relief. It seems that a senior politician failing to follow his own advice/rules, to add to the handful of other politicians etc, outweighs what appears to be overwhelming scientific and medical opinion and it’s not a global health crisis after all. All this time (was it last May he got caught?) I could have burned my mask and hugged strangers at will (normal rules on sexual harassment apply).

Forget about emails to MP’s about Derby’s battle with the EFL, we should all rise and share this breakthrough with the rest of the world.

Sheeeeep

6 hours ago, angieram said:

To get back on to corona virus, not many people have voted in Sage's latest jab poll BUT if reflective of the population it looks like about 88% will have the vaccine.

That should be enough for things to go back to normal?

Do we worry about the 12% who are refusing? There could be legitimate reasons, of course. Do we let them take their chances going forward? 

I don't personally know anyone who has refused, but I do know two people who suspect they have little immunity despite their two jabs because of serious underlying health conditions. They are both being very, very careful but their lives are seriously restricted. 

Interesting to know where people's thoughts are, and not just the usual suspects, as we already know those!

I do Angie and one of them is one of my sister's!

Some people live in a weird world of listening to and then believing the anti Vax nonsense all over some parts of the internet.

The rest of us should be looking forwards to cracking on,come the release date in July with the knowledge that we are in a safer place than some and that we have at least done our bit in returning the country to normality by having our vaccinations.

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

I would have said Uncle Fester meself, Ray Wilkins wasn’t a bad bloke and really shouldn’t be used a comparison to a politician. I can see where you’re coming from mind. ?

Do you think he managed to stifle a 'Yessss!' when he heard about Cummings and then Hancock? 

9 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Do you think he managed to stifle a 'Yessss!' when he heard about Cummings and then Hancock? 

It wouldn’t surprise me although with Cummings not being an elected MP there wouldn’t have been an opening for him with that particular vacancy. I can’t even remember what Javid did to become persona non grata.

5 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

It wouldn’t surprise me although with Cummings not being an elected MP there wouldn’t have been an opening for him with that particular vacancy. I can’t even remember what Javid did to become persona non grata.

Cummins attempted to have the treasury department report in to him, and be staffed by his minions. 

Javid resigned rather than agree.

1 minute ago, Rev said:

Cummins attempted to have the treasury department report in to him, and be staffed by his minions. 

Oh ! I often wondered how Cummings would fare in the kind of environment I’ve worked in for the last 45 years. I think he might be wearing dentures you know.

Got to say fair play to Javid though for having those principles. I just thought he’d blotted his copybook. 

16 minutes ago, Rev said:

Having read a few snippets about the new Health Secretary, the above might be the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea! Javid is a fan of Ann Rynd.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Having read a few snippets about the new Health Secretary, the above might be the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea! Javid is a fan of Ann Rynd.

Who the fffff is Ann Rynd?  I doubt Javid is a fan of Bake Ann Rynd.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ayn Rand - Wikipedia

Javid's fave speech:

Oh, Ayn Rand not to be confused with Ann Rynd.

Not sure I would want to start judging any politicians based on their favourite writers.  I bet Murphy and Dothis are quite keen on the works and scribblings of Lenin.

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Oh, Ayn Rand not to be confused with Ann Rynd.

Not sure I would want to start judging any politicians based on their favourite writers.  I bet Murphy and Dothis are quite keen on the works and scribblings of Lenin.

Lol. My spelling is atrocious at times, I'm a teeny tad dyslexic. ? 

On 25/06/2021 at 00:50, Eddie said:

It doesn't make any difference really, because with the exponentially growing number of Delta variant cases in the UK, no sane foreign country will accept people from Britain in a month or two's time, vaccinated or not, until they are satisfied that there is minimal risk to their own citizens - and that will only come when they themselves have achieved a high level of domestic vaccination.

No sane person should be booking a holiday abroad in the middle of a worldwide pandemic, none of my family or friends are going abroad this year who in the right mind would contemplate making the situation even more intolerable than it already is?

I wonder how many people who have bitterly complained about the government’s handling of the pandemic have actually planned holidays abroad this year?

11 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Don't know anyone who hasn't had it and all of my friends and their partners are mid/late twenties.

Brothers are 18 and 16 and they'll be having it too when able.

Anyone who doesn't want it and is happy taking their chances, fine by me, their choice. I believe in free will.

All I hope is that they take personal responsibility, accept they've been silly to ignore medical advice and change their attitude to any future advice if they require hospital treatment. Oh, and accept that they are contributing to extending lockdowns.

I'm interested to know how they have contributed to extending lockdown?

There was never a magical number of people that had to be vaccinated for restrictions to end, we were originally led to believe this would happen when all of the vulnerable groups had been offered the vaccine. 

The only people responsible for extending lockdown are SAGE and the Government, nobody else.

55 minutes ago, cstand said:

No sane person should be booking a holiday abroad in the middle of a worldwide pandemic, none of my family or friends are going abroad this year who in the right mind would contemplate making the situation even more intolerable than it already is?

I wonder how many people who have bitterly complained about the government’s handling of the pandemic have actually planned holidays abroad this year?

Cornwall for me next month. It's been booked for the last 2 years, then a few days away in Norfolk in September.

Although I would like to think that we might be able to go to the Bruges beer festival in February 2022, I think it's more likely that we won't be venturing to Belgium until next August.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm interested to know how they have contributed to extending lockdown?

There was never a magical number of people that had to be vaccinated for restrictions to end, we were originally led to believe this would happen when all of the vulnerable groups had been offered the vaccine. 

The only people responsible for extending lockdown are SAGE and the Government, nobody else.

I agree (choirs of angels singing 'Hallelujah').