The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

So well over a week since any activity on here.

Obviously more important issues at the moment but it does appear that Covid has quietly disappeared into the background now that the media is not going on about it 24/7.

Known a quite a few people with it recently but they’ve all been very mild and cleared up after 3/4 days.

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

It’s like the world leaders and media have flicked the off switch on covid , puff ,,,,,,and like that it was gone 

Yup and whilst the world is looking in another direction Pfizer have started releasing the documents they wanted to hide for 75yrs - the first batch has already revealed some interesting data...

And in other more positive news a peer reviewed study from Israel has finally confirmed that keeping your Vitamin D levels up (virtually impossible to do in the UK due to our climate) massively reduces your risk of suffering from a bad case of covid.  Its cheap and easy to do and has many more benefits than purely helping with covid, we've all been taking various vitamin supplements since the outbreak began at chez maxjam and the only one of us to catch covid has been our 18yo son (and that was a mild case lasting 3-4 days in February of this year).

42 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Yup and whilst the world is looking in another direction Pfizer have started releasing the documents they wanted to hide for 75yrs - the first batch has already revealed some interesting data...

And in other more positive news a peer reviewed study from Israel has finally confirmed that keeping your Vitamin D levels up (virtually impossible to do in the UK due to our climate) massively reduces your risk of suffering from a bad case of covid.  Its cheap and easy to do and has many more benefits than purely helping with covid, we've all been taking various vitamin supplements since the outbreak began at chez maxjam and the only one of us to catch covid has been our 18yo son (and that was a mild case lasting 3-4 days in February of this year).

Health freak.

17 hours ago, maxjam said:

we've all been taking various vitamin supplements since the outbreak began at chez maxjam and the only one of us to catch covid has been our 18yo son (and that was a mild case lasting 3-4 days in February of this year).

Same here - was your 18 year old the one who wasn't vaccinated? My unvaccinated 26 year old caught it in February too. Same - mild case gone within 5 days. Much to our relief

48 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Same here - was your 18 year old the one who wasn't vaccinated? My unvaccinated 26 year old caught it in February too. Same - mild case gone within 5 days. Much to our relief

Yeah neither of our lads (18yo and 14yo) have had the jab. 

The 18yo felt a bit off for a couple of days took a test (positive) but felt completely better again a couple of days later.  The 14yo has had some coughs and colds over the past couple of years but refuses to take a test lol so who knows whether he's had it - tbh same goes for the wife and I, felt like we might be getting ill a couple of times but it amounted to nothing and never bothered testing.  

Feels like its all over now and the media have lost interest.  I personally hope people don't stand for whats happened over the past few years, especially in countries such as Canada and Australia, thorough enquiries are carried out and lessens are learned for the future.  It will probably just get buried by big tech/business and Govts though. Ho hum.

5 hours ago, maxjam said:

Yeah neither of our lads (18yo and 14yo) have had the jab. 

The 18yo felt a bit off for a couple of days took a test (positive) but felt completely better again a couple of days later.  The 14yo has had some coughs and colds over the past couple of years but refuses to take a test lol so who knows whether he's had it - tbh same goes for the wife and I, felt like we might be getting ill a couple of times but it amounted to nothing and never bothered testing.  

Feels like its all over now and the media have lost interest.  I personally hope people don't stand for whats happened over the past few years, especially in countries such as Canada and Australia, thorough enquiries are carried out and lessens are learned for the future.  It will probably just get buried by big tech/business and Govts though. Ho hum.

Amazing , world pandemic more deadly than anything we’ve seen since Spanish flu ,, most of the world still unvaccinated but it’s gone , disappeared just like that ??‍♂️,

47 minutes ago, Archied said:

Amazing , world pandemic more deadly than anything we’ve seen since Spanish flu ,, most of the world still unvaccinated but it’s gone , disappeared just like that ??‍♂️,

Indeed. I did say several months ago that if it followed the pattern of the Spanish flu, it would (possibly) mutate to a more contageous yet more benign form.

As at 28 February this year, almost 5 billion (out of 7 billion) have been vaccinated. That's 64.4%.

18 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Indeed. I did say several months ago that if it followed the pattern of the Spanish flu, it would (possibly) mutate to a more contageous yet more benign form.

As at 28 February this year, almost 5 billion (out of 7 billion) have been vaccinated. That's 64.4%.

You still wearing a mask??

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

Only when shopping in the supermarket or on public transport.

Observation seems to reveal that 75% or so of us oldies are still doing so, and very few youngsters.

On public transport or in any confined area I will still wear a mask not just for my own safety I do not want pass it on to a vulnerable person.

I agree that we should get back to normal as much as possible but people should not get abuse for  wearing a mask.

7 hours ago, cstand said:

On public transport or in any confined area I will still wear a mask not just for my own safety I do not want pass it on to a vulnerable person.

I agree that we should get back to normal as much as possible but people should not get abuse for  wearing a mask.

Or visa versa , have you come across anyone getting abuse for wearing a mask ?

15 hours ago, Eddie said:

Yes I think I was expecting this. Hopefully we are back to normal.